Quantcast
2020 US Election mega thread - Page 45 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 45 of 146 FirstFirst ... 35 44 45 46 55 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US Election mega thread

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

I find all this talk about whether trump is rich or broke kind of funny.... I think it speaks more to the fact that the dude constantly exaggerates, lies, and a lot of people don't really believe him. If he wanted to clear the air about it, he'd release his tax returns. He has a lot of shit to hide, he likes to put on a show.

I also find his supporters constantly bringing up TDS kinda funny too... It's normal to criticize politicians. You could shit talk Trudeau, Scheer, Kenney or Notley and I'd probably agree with you. I have never understood how his supporters put him way up on a pedestal, like he can do no wrong.

I predict trump will lose this election, and only because he will lose it for himself. If he had more focus on the important issues, economy, healthcare, immigration etc. he'd probably win by a landslide. Instead he spends most of his time complaining about the press, playing victim to how unfair he thinks he's treated. Lack of a clear plan going forward.

I definitely think he is a marketing genius, but that's mostly where it ends.

Interesting take from Michael Moore here. He was one of the few that called a trump win in 2016 so don’t discount his knowledge

Summary is that you should never trust the polling...apparently a lot of Trump voters deliberately say they are voting Biden when they get polling calls. Reasons seem to be because they just don’t trust anyone and think it’s all some sort of deep state conspiracy, but also that it motivates his base to come out when they appear to be losing. This isn’t the first time I’ve heard it...have seen it mentioned on thedonald.win (new r/thedonald after it got banned), and also Scott Adams and his circle of people mention it all the time on Twitter

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

I've seen that same argument.

My Ride
    ute

I am surprised at how often polling is mentioned, even around here. The weaknesses of polling became apparent 4 years ago.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting take from Michael Moore here. He was one of the few that called a trump win in 2016 so don’t discount his knowledge

Summary is that you should never trust the polling...apparently a lot of Trump voters deliberately say they are voting Biden when they get polling calls. Reasons seem to be because they just don’t trust anyone and think it’s all some sort of deep state conspiracy, but also that it motivates his base to come out when they appear to be losing. This isn’t the first time I’ve heard it...have seen it mentioned on thedonald.win (new r/thedonald after it got banned), and also Scott Adams and his circle of people mention it all the time on Twitter
    Imagine being so paranoid about 'deep state' conspiracies that you lie to pollsters about who you vote for to stick it to them. Trump people literally are mental.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Imagine being so paranoid about 'deep state' conspiracies that you lie to pollsters about who you vote for to stick it to them. Trump people literally are mental.
    Kinda like thinking the president is a secret russian agent for 4 years?

Do you not see the game that is being played by both sides to capture the easily manipulated minds of the unwashed masses? Take a step back and look at the game for what it is...stop being a willing product of their nonsense.

Apparently ~65M people have already sent in early votes and it's trending toward a record number of voters as expected, so that's a positive thing.

Florida is going to be the state to watch - if Trump doesn't win there he most likely loses the election, but Biden can lose there and still possibly win. Currently Biden has a significant lead there so we'll see how it ends up, but I think Rep. votes will surge closer to Nov 3.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Or just consider how rabid the left has become at attacking trump supporters and it’s easy to understand why many trump supporters keep their voting intentions to themselves.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Apparently ~65M people have already sent in early votes and it's trending toward a record number of voters as expected, so that's a positive thing.

Florida is going to be the state to watch - if Trump doesn't win there he most likely loses the election, but Biden can lose there and still possibly win. Currently Biden has a significant lead there so we'll see how it ends up, but I think Rep. votes will surge closer to Nov 3.
    If he losses Texas as well it's a sure win for Biden (its a coinflip)

Trump has a lot of obstacles.

The big issue is the mail in ballots that don't get counted on the 3rd.

If Trump is winning on the 3rd (without everything voted yet) he will say its rigged and fixed if he ends up losing

If Trump is losing on the 3rd (without everything voted yet) he can't really do anything.

Reasoning behind this is that the Democrats could see they are behind 20,000 votes in a state and get another 30,000 for that state in their favor..
    Same goes go for Trump obviously but this will be his argument.

If Biden wants to win he has to be in the lead on the 3rd or it's going to be a gongshow.

Doesn't help when in some states people are waiting 10 hours to vote... (I wonder who is at fault for fucken doing this in a "Democracy")

America is showing it's not a democracy..

PS: Biden wont fix the issues at hand till they fix the system, if they want to fix the system they need to get rid of the USD as a reserve currency (Which has to happen either way though)
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

US getting rid of the USD?

No. Just no.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Or just consider how rabid the left has become at attacking trump supporters and it’s easy to understand why many trump supporters keep their voting intentions to themselves.
    This is the reason. #cancelled

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Kinda like thinking the president is a secret russian agent for 4 years?

Do you not see the game that is being played by both sides to capture the easily manipulated minds of the unwashed masses? Take a step back and look at the game for what it is...stop being a willing product of their nonsense.
    You act like Trump/Russia is the only reason people are anti-trump?

He's paid massive amounts of tax payer money into his own pockets via all his bullshit golf trips to personal resorts, he's lied about healthcare reform being months away for 4 years, he never got the wall built (which was fucking stupid in the first place), the amount of violence and racial divide in the US has increased (but of course you'll blame the left and ignore all that Trump does to stoke the flames), the trade war with china has been a bust, manufacturing jobs are being lost in huge numbers, he started a tariff war with Canada (and backed down), he let nuclear treaties with russia lapse for his egos sake, he's done a shit job managing the pandemic, he's had dozens of people affiliated with him arrested,

Aside from the tax cuts for the rich can you name some notable policies Trump actually pushed through in 4 years? Let's take the last debate, he boasted healthcare reform with no fucking plan, all that he had to show in 4 years was repealing individual mandate and said he wants to repeal ACA all together. So he's done nothing but try and undo others work. That's not a leader.

I'm anti-trump because he's a pathetic leader. How about you pull your head out of the sand and look and whats been done in the past 4 years aside from him whining about being treated unfairly.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I am surprised at how often polling is mentioned, even around here. The weaknesses of polling became apparent 4 years ago.
    What was awful 4 years ago, and hasn't really improved is the REPORTING on the polling. What wasn't particularly bad in 2016, and may be better this year, is the analysis/forecasting based on the polling.

Plus, even with the faults in polling, there's not a real replacement for it aside from hunches.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

I spent the last 4 years thinking that most of the public is "literally mental".

Anyone who takes sides is a sucker.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

I'm betting on Mars. Which will feel like quarantine.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    I'm betting on Mars. Which will feel like quarantine.
    Well we know how much everyone likes quarantine
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Well we know how much everyone likes quarantine
    I like those ppl wearing the Anti-Social Social Club gear going crazy during the first month of this.

Big fat phony!!!
    Name:  1012.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  28.9 KB

My Ride
    Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    US getting rid of the USD?

No. Just no.
    I clearly stated

USD as a reserve currency
    You know because of things like this.

https://news.bitcoin.com/federal-res...tal%20currency.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/31/de-d...using-usd.html

When a country consumes more then they produce but get the massive privileges of being a first world country, other nations are upset.

Feel free to read about the Bretton Woods Agreement:

Here is a quick video explaining it a bit

And now we are at a fiat currency (NOT BACKED BY GOLD)

You know how Britian was the Reserve Currency till then and Netherlands before them.

You get rid of the USD as a reserve currency not the whole currency.
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Aside from the tax cuts for the rich can you name some notable policies Trump actually pushed through in 4 years? Let's take the last debate, he boasted healthcare reform with no fucking plan, all that he had to show in 4 years was repealing individual mandate and said he wants to repeal ACA all together. So he's done nothing but try and undo others work. That's not a leader.

I'm anti-trump because he's a pathetic leader. How about you pull your head out of the sand and look and whats been done in the past 4 years aside from him whining about being treated unfairly.

Regarding the tax cuts there is is a catch.

Most individual income taxes are reduced, until 2025. The number of income tax brackets remain at seven, but the income ranges in several brackets have been changed and each new bracket has lower rates.
    While Corporate tax rates are permanent, individual are not.

This is also adding to the flames in America currently, (Less government revenue)

Also as you can see there is 7 tax brackets though which under trump now should be 3. (His words) - The tax cuts just went to the Highest paying brackets basically and not the lower class.

My Ride
    '13 F150

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe View Post
    The tax cuts just went to the Highest paying brackets basically and not the lower class.

From Investopedia

"Personal Taxes
    Income Tax Rates
    The law retained the old structure of seven individual income tax brackets, but in most cases, it lowered the rates. The top rate fell from 39.6% to 37%, while the 33% bracket dropped to 32%, the 28% bracket to 24%, the 25% bracket to 22%, and the 15% bracket to 12%.10

The lowest bracket remained at 10%, and the 35% bracket was also unchanged. The income bands that the new rates applied to are lower, compared to 2018 brackets under current law, for the five highest brackets."

So the tax rate went down for everyone except the 10% bracket ($0 to $9700) and the 35% bracket ($204,101 to $510,300.)

Presuming that the "lower class" fits somewhere in the $9,701 to $39,475, their tax rate went from 15% to 12%, a similar (but larger) percentage drop to the highest bracket, over $510,300, which went from 39.6% to 37%.

Obviously the people in the higher brackets will have more deductions available to them, but on simple, raw percentages, I don't think it's fair to say that the tax cuts only went to the higher brackets.

Page 45 of 146 FirstFirst ... 35 44 45 46 55 ... LastLast