Quantcast
If there was a provincial election held today... - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Which party would you vote for TODAY?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • UCP

    62 50.41%
  • NDP

    35 28.46%
  • Alberta Party

    14 11.38%
  • Other

    12 9.76%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 117

Thread: If there was a provincial election held today...

  1. #41
    Thaco's Avatar
    Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Rage2
    Posts
    3,683
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's painful that we even have to vote when this is the fuck show that we are stuck choosing between. As virtually everyone(Most don't realize it though), I would like to vote for Libertarians..
    I disagree, i think the Libertarians are the vocal minority... it's a terrible idea, we're landlocked and we have pissed off BC so our stuff would be going nowhere, unless Trump adopted us in to the USA, and that's a whole other shotshow.
    User title molested by Rage2.

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree, i think the Libertarians are the vocal minority... it's a terrible idea, we're landlocked and we have pissed off BC so our stuff would be going nowhere, unless Trump adopted us in to the USA, and that's a whole other shotshow.
    I would have thought the Libertarian Party's policy of increasing First Nations powers over land and resource decisions would have made them a complete non-starter for the pro O&G crowd. Just imagine trying to get a pipeline built when 'consultation = right to veto'. Then not only getting more powers for the land, but giving more land to have that veto for:

    First Nations, Metis and Inuit peoples have a right to meaningful autonomy and jurisdiction over their territories as a third independent level of government. This jurisdiction includes but is not limited to: natural resources, mining rights, local economic affairs, healthcare, education, agriculture, environmental regulation and community membership.

    ...

    Canada’s history of abuse, neglect and attempted assimilation must be faced, and modern paternalistic policies limiting reserve functions and local control of local affairs must end. The first step to accomplish this is to regard the Duty to Consult and Accommodate as a local indigenous held right to veto decisions imposed on their territories. First Nations governments should be respected as having similar jurisdiction and powers to provincial governments.

    ...

    Unused Crown Lands should be returned to claimant groups without delay or resistance.

    ...

    Canadian governments should also agree to include land accumulated by reserves adjacent to their existing property, into the reserve with full treaty coverage.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.
    Posts
    6,302
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...cern-1.5578902

    Heya folks, did ya hear: it's time to bring back coal!

    lol what the fuck timeline is this even.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    C
    My Ride
    Lexus
    Posts
    2,665
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would have thought the Libertarian Party's policy of increasing First Nations powers over land and resource decisions would have made them a complete non-starter for the pro O&G crowd. Just imagine trying to get a pipeline built when 'consultation = right to veto'.
    Yeah I can't see how giving libertarian powers (i.e. more sovereignty) to First Nations is going to go over well with raging bigots like "Mr. Man."

    Maybe he should consider how libertarianism is actually at odds with his true ideology.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heya folks, did ya hear: it's time to bring back coal!

    lol what the fuck timeline is this even.
    https://theconversation.com/explaini...rldwide-111045

    Coal never left, so I guess the greater question is, what timeline do you occupy that it did?

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    1,951
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...cern-1.5578902

    Heya folks, did ya hear: it's time to bring back coal!

    lol what the fuck timeline is this even.
    I have no idea about coal or not...but I did a little lol when I opened the article.

    "Hey Jim, throw in a stock photo of a grizzly bear in the middle of the article for no reason. Tug on those heart strings man."

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.
    Posts
    6,302
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have no idea about coal or not...but I did a little lol when I opened the article.

    "Hey Jim, throw in a stock photo of a grizzly bear in the middle of the article for no reason. Tug on those heart strings man."
    All we need is that loon sound to autoplay and there ya go - quintessentially Canadian lol

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    ‘Berta Special
    Posts
    4,860
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All we need is that loon sound to autoplay and there ya go - quintessentially Canadian lol
    Come on there needs to be at least one beaver and an EI cheque to be truly Canadian.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    '14 Taco
    Posts
    601
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have no idea about coal or not...but I did a little lol when I opened the article.

    "Hey Jim, throw in a stock photo of a grizzly bear in the middle of the article for no reason. Tug on those heart strings man."
    I mean, they directly show about the overlap between grizzly bear core habitat and the change of designation..

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    S4
    Posts
    2,502
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Idk what the big deal is about protecting Grizzlies. I've never seen one in real life, and if I ever came face to face with one, it'd maul the shit out of me. Fuck 'em.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex city
    My Ride
    Phanbus
    Posts
    7,277
    Rep Power
    34

    Default

    Fuck bears in general. Dirty bastards always shitting in the woods.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,261
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fuck bears in general. Dirty bastards always shitting in the woods.
    Do they though? I always hear the question asked, but no one answers it.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Calgary AB
    My Ride
    S4
    Posts
    2,502
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do they though? I always hear the question asked, but no one answers it.
    Duh, what else would this be for?

    toaleta-slawojka-kibelek-uzywany.jpg

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Something Swedish
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I've always voted Conservative and likely always will, although I certainly don't agree with all their policies. It's just that every other party is so much worse. I pretty much don't trust any politician, particularly those in leadership. I think they're only interested in two things: what can get them into power and what can keep them there.

    Unfortunately, at both the provincial and federal levels, both Conservative parties have been utterly disappointing for the last several years. I don't like Kenney all that much, although he has done some good here and there. I think he's playing the long game to get into leadership of the federal party. Alberta was just an easy stepping stone for him to be a party leader.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    1,951
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Without a disconnection between federal and provincial segments of the ndp they'll never get my vote.

    The fact that Notley supported the ndp federally is all you need to know
    NDP is for people who think they are too cool to be practical.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    calgary ab
    My Ride
    4x4
    Posts
    2,186
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...cern-1.5578902

    Heya folks, did ya hear: it's time to bring back coal!

    lol what the fuck timeline is this even.
    Well if Teck builds a coal mine at least BC can't block exports...

    We are still largely a resource based economy.

    Canada dumped a Trudeau shit-ton of money into chinese coal power last year. Apparently being green only matters if it supports the US and Saudi interests. So why the hell not open up the coal again? We can be like BC - we're clean, but we sell all our clean power to California, and import dirty coal power to offset. And don't mind those coal exports...

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Leduc, Alberta
    Posts
    302
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree, i think the Libertarians are the vocal minority... it's a terrible idea, we're landlocked and we have pissed off BC so our stuff would be going nowhere, unless Trump adopted us in to the USA, and that's a whole other shotshow.
    Can you elaborate on this? How does us being landlocked play a role in having a Provincial government that values fiscal responsibility and individual freedoms?

    Or are you thinking it is some sort of fringe separation party?

  18. #58
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Online
    My Ride
    Budget Baller
    Posts
    10,249
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Does it matter who is in power anymore? Seems fked no matter what?

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cowtown
    My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5
    Posts
    6,059
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Pretty much. Alberta's success or failure is heavily tied to out of province hands. First it was agriculture, now O&G.
    Last edited by msommers; 05-28-2020 at 08:19 PM.
    Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Z
    Posts
    374
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I think the UCP and Kenney have been doing a good job and I would vote for them again.
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Today I learned you can officially decline your ballot in a provincial election

    By pheoxs in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 28
    Latest Threads: 11-05-2018, 08:30 PM
  2. 2017 BC Provincial Election

    By Sugarphreak in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 161
    Latest Threads: 02-02-2018, 08:56 PM
  3. Provincial Election 2019 - Quick Poll

    By RealJimmyJames in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 100
    Latest Threads: 11-25-2016, 02:58 PM
  4. Provincial Election

    By Singel in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 11-29-2004, 08:12 AM
  5. Get Out And Vote - November 22nd, 2004 Provincial Election

    By Weapon_R in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 11-22-2004, 01:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •