Page 60 of 92 FirstFirst ... 50 59 60 61 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1831

Thread: School me on being a Dad

Use gripe water for colic.

Take him to a chiropractor.
    No I'm not joking.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Holy fuck you expected this part to be enjoyable? Before age 5 months they are useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Man...so this shit is hard/frustrating. Our son will be 3 weeks old tomorrow and I feel like this guy has done nothing but cry the entire time. He is colicky, gassy, fussy, hungry and everything else around the clock. Kinda taking away from the enjoyment of this age as we are figuring out the big change. Hopefully it gets better with time and really soon.
    No, unfortunately this isn’t like a hallmark movie. Babies are difficult, the dad gets shit on - metaphorically and literally for the first year. You need to be a solid rock now. As bad as this sounds, men’s health takes a major back seat to your wife. If she experiences postpartum, you’re going to be in for a tough slog. It happens so often.

But, get as many naps with baby on your chest as physically possible. Those are some of the most precious and bondable moments for the father early on.

Once baby is like 8-9 months the enjoyment aspect will kick in. At two + it’s the greatest thing in the world to see your kid after work. Meets you at the door - best ever.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Holy fuck you expected this part to be enjoyable? Before age 5 months they are useless.
    My guy just turned 10 weeks and it’s been amazing. But he only cry’s when hungry so it’s been a real breeze. But seeing him smile and try and move around now has been so fun.

My Ride
    V8s

Man...so this shit is hard/frustrating. Our son will be 3 weeks old tomorrow and I feel like this guy has done nothing but cry the entire time. He is colicky, gassy, fussy, hungry and everything else around the clock. Kinda taking away from the enjoyment of this age as we are figuring out the big change. Hopefully it gets better with time and really soon.
    Who gave you the idea that the first few weeks were going to be enjoyable?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The only thing that got me through that period was video games and door dash.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    This and that.

Thanks guys, yea I didn't expect it to be easy/enjoyable, just didn't realize it was like this. Haha.

Making it worse is the fact that my work is still full-speed forward that I am not really able to take time off from (other than the first week when he arrived) so yea that's not helping. My mom has been staying with us for over a month helping out and stuff but she leaves this weekend and I can only imagine it's going to get much worse once she leaves, before it'll start getting better I suppose.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

It's a grind man, and the crazy part is you really will look back fondly on parts of it. As said above spend as much time with the kid as you can, help the mother as much as you can. Be that stable loving, giving precense and it'll pay off in both relationships.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Yeah, good advice ES.

Shak, if you’ve talked to people about children and had a different idea about it, most people lie about the experience. It’s like
    Social media - people pretend it’s this amazing experience, even if you’re suffering.

It’s damn hard is what it is. And if your partner is having issues, it will test your relationship like nothing before. Over and over again.

But it’s the most satisfying thing in the world. Jordan Peterson has some good material on kids from the age of 3-5. It’s the best part of life.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Silverado

Looking back, I wish I was able to enjoy the newborn stage more, it's very short and they will never be as needy and vulnerable again. Enjoy the quiet and the snuggles as hard as it seems. It's all fucked though and much easier said than done when no one is getting any significant sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Looking back, I wish I was able to enjoy the newborn stage more, it's very short and they will never be as needy and vulnerable again. Enjoy the quiet and the snuggles as hard as it seems. It's all fucked though and much easier said than done when no one is getting any significant sleep.
    As stressed as things can be I agree. I remember looking back at photos when the kids were 3 months, 6 months or 9 months thinking how different my kids looked and how quickly things changed. Personally I love seeing the photos more then ever now and wish we had more photos from when they were new borns.

I've been bugging the wife to print all the baby photos saved to the cloud as id hate for all the photos to somehow get deleted or lost. Plan is to do a few nice baby albums as well.

A co worker is having a baby soon so I got her a way to print photos at home. I'm curious to hear how the quality of those photos are

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    As stressed as things can be I agree. I remember looking back at photos when the kids were 3 months, 6 months or 9 months thinking how different my kids looked and how quickly things changed. Personally I love seeing the photos more then ever now and wish we had more photos from when they were new borns.

I've been bugging the wife to print all the baby photos saved to the cloud as id hate for all the photos to somehow get deleted or lost. Plan is to do a few nice baby albums as well.

A co worker is having a baby soon so I got her a way to print photos at home. I'm curious to hear how the quality of those photos are
    If it’s for backup purposes, hard copy is not the answer

Just download them to a flash drive/external hard drive and put it in your safety deposit box

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I feel like if apple lost all my photos in addition to the copies on my devices there would be much larger problems in the world going in lmao
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    At two + it’s the greatest thing in the world to see your kid after work. Meets you at the door - best ever.
    This. Stay strong comrades.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

I’d say like 10 months + is even great lol. They get so much personality and get excited to see you it’s great.

Quote Originally Posted by bjstare View Post
    If it’s for backup purposes, hard copy is not the answer

Just download them to a flash drive/external hard drive and put it in your safety deposit box
    Yeah I'll have to consider a back up option for sure. With that said there's something weird about some of the best moments of your kids being stuck on a flash drive or the cloud.

My youngest kids are 3 and 4 now so they love seeing the baby photos. Flipping through a phone or computer seems so weird.

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

Quote Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
    Don't worry about the diapers, infant poop is nothing and barely stinks. The inconsolable crying/screaming is what will get you.
    Thanks guys, yea I didn't expect it to be easy/enjoyable, just didn't realize it was like this. Haha.
    And you were worried about poopy diapers A lot of us dads have been there going through it. It does get easier, but it will take a lot of time. Once you think you are through it, your wife is going to want a second kid and you get to start all over again, but next time with an additional toddler just to make it even harder.

My Ride
    This and that.

I have changed the diaper on 2 occasions independently and it hasn't been that bad. Though my wife has had to deal with some poop explosions so to speak and I am sure my turn will come soon enough, Haha.

My wife and I have always been the 'one and done' type of people so that's where we are at with that, at least for now, rest I guess time will tell. Haha.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

I have changed the diaper on 2 occasions independently and it hasn't been that bad. Though my wife has had to deal with some poop explosions so to speak and I am sure my turn will come soon enough, Haha.

My wife and I have always been the 'one and done' type of people so that's where we are at with that, at least for now, rest I guess time will tell. Haha.
    2 times in 3 weeks!!! Dude get your shit together push your wife outta the way and giver a hand lol

My Ride
    ute

Parenting is hard.

News at 11.

Page 60 of 92 FirstFirst ... 50 59 60 61 70 ... LastLast