Page 140 of 155 FirstFirst ... 130 139 140 141 150 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 3089

Thread: Trudeau has to go?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

POTD right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Trudeau has been propping up the job market for years. This won't end well, get ready for more taxation to provide the public sector with salary increases.

The federal public service has grown by 38 per cent since Prime Minister Justin Trudeau came to power in 2015
    https://financialpost.com/news/econo...-labour-market

The middle class taxes have gone up $800 and I think that's actually light when you break it down across everything.

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/arti...n-middle-class
    Last edited by mr2mike; 03-09-2024 at 09:50 AM.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    The middle class taxes have gone up $800 and I think that's actually light when you break it down across everything.

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/arti...n-middle-class
    Because the rest has gone into debt.

The $800 isn't even enough to pay the minimum credit card balance each year.

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    Because the rest has gone into debt.

The $800 isn't even enough to pay the minimum credit card balance each year.
    I think what he means, is it's gone up more when you consider all the side taxes they have added on top of Income tax.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I think what he means, is it's gone up more when you consider all the side taxes they have added on top of Income tax.
    Fair enough - that's certainly the case when you consider Carbon Taxes and other costs passed down to the Provincial and Municipal level.

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    Fair enough - that's certainly the case when you consider Carbon Taxes and other costs passed down to the Provincial and Municipal level.
    Or how much extra GST the government gets now with the inflated cost of everything.

Yep.

Everyone's arguing if someone is left or right or fascist or communist.
    We'll all be Proletariat go define that one.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

The overall taxation and basic costs has already spiraled out of control. Im paying 5500 after tax dollars for insurance just for a sfh and 2 vehicles. My property tax is 8000. Again after tax dollars. So thats like nearly 20k pretax dollars. Basically working 2 months for just insurance and prop tax. How is that sustainable.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    The overall taxation and basic costs has already spiraled out of control. Im paying 5500 after tax dollars for insurance just for a sfh and 2 vehicles. My property tax is 8000. Again after tax dollars. So thats like nearly 20k pretax dollars. Basically working 2 months for just insurance and prop tax. How is that sustainable.
    Similar numbers to mine, although I think my insurance is a little higher. It’s fucked.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

25 years ago, the price-income ratio for Calgary was 3.1x, it's now 5.1x.

We just do not have the disposable income that yesteryear had on average.

Victoria and surprisingly Hamilton, ON are by far worse. If you can work remote in Moncton or Regina you're laughing (well not really because you have to live there).

https://themeasureofaplan.com/canadi...affordability/

Poverty Line in Calgary is $55,771 using 2022 data, which is basically the same as Vancouver and Toronto.
    Last edited by msommers; 03-10-2024 at 05:49 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    ute

Everyone cried to be saved in the great financial crisis. The inflationary policies could not be discontinued in subsequent years without a great deal of pain.

Everyone cried in Covid to be saved from the economy collapsing under us.

The pain you are feeling now -and likely forever- is the pain that we all avoided in those times. This was always the inevitable result. It was the plan. They just didn't want to tell you that....because why would they?

Definitely don't have the disposable income of the past. They like to pretend to tell you that you do with the payments systems. No one owns outright.

I know many that are just hanging on. But there's no way this ends well. Salaries will not get increased in the private sector, that impacts the bottom line and share prices will drop if it does.
    Public sector believes their salaries should increase to Infinity with no pull backs like the private sector.
    All these government jobs will eventually need cuts or salary roll backs.

What really irks me is when I was in Ottawa a few years ago. People were just getting into work when us vacationers were just getting out to get breakfast. It's very lax the effort put forth into those government jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Everyone cried to be saved in the great financial crisis. The inflationary policies could not be discontinued in subsequent years without a great deal of pain.

Everyone cried in Covid to be saved from the economy collapsing under us.

The pain you are feeling now -and likely forever- is the pain that we all avoided in those times. This was always the inevitable result. It was the plan. They just didn't want to tell you that....because why would they?
    Small but important distinction. People weren't crying to be saved from Covid. They were crying to be saved from the governments illegal reactions to Covid. Low and no income voters are certainly a problem, but lets not ever forget that the government is the direct root cause of these issues.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    All these government jobs will eventually need cuts or salary roll backs.
    This won't happen. What happens is that the economy shrinks and the overall wealth of the citizenry goes down. You are assuming here that there are some corrective mechanisms to align the country/economy with a more productive distribution. There is not. There is no happy ending. Because Canadian citizens do not have a small-government/capitalist mindset imprinted on them, like Americans do. They are retarded. There is no happy ending here.

Small but important distinction. People weren't crying to be saved from Covid. They were crying to be saved from the governments illegal reactions to Covid. Low and no income voters are certainly a problem, but lets not ever forget that the government is the direct root cause of these issues.
    The vast majority of people willingly followed and agreed with the gov't response.

My Ride
    ute

You're right, but you're referencing two separate issues.

The people were certainly screaming for direct fiscal interventions by government. This seemed to be people across the entire spectrum of support or opposition to restrictions. Governments were literally pouring cash into the economy as quickly as they possibly could.

Government is the issue. But most voters treat government like Home Simpson treats alcohol.

Name:  simpsons-alcohol-cause-solution-all-of-lifes-problems.gif
Views: 206
Size:  822.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    The vast majority of people willingly followed and agreed with the gov't response.
    That's not true(unless you want to only count the first 2 weeks potentially). I'll give you that the majority stayed silent, at fear they were the minority. The actual minority was being so loud as they performed Autoerotic Asphyxiation on themselves to the idea of full on government control, that they tricked a lot of people into thinking they are the majority. But these are irrelevant nuances. People's reasons to not fight the government, does not change the fact the government performed illegal actions that led to mass inflation and deteriorating economic conditions. Even if people wanted the draconian actions that were taken, the government did not have the right to do it, but they did it anyway.

If y'all haven't seen "ready player one" you should.
    That is how life is heading.

A bunch of poor people, living in seacans or shit stack apartments, engaging in society in an online world.

That's not true(unless you want to only count the first 2 weeks potentially). I'll give you that the majority stayed silent, at fear they were the minority. The actual minority was being so loud as they performed Autoerotic Asphyxiation on themselves to the idea of full on government control, that they tricked a lot of people into thinking they are the majority. But these are irrelevant nuances. People's reasons to not fight the government, does not change the fact the government performed illegal actions that led to mass inflation and deteriorating economic conditions. Even if people wanted the draconian actions that were taken, the government did not have the right to do it, but they did it anyway.
    Brah, even in 2022, when anybody with half a brain could figure out that the vaccines were worthless, a large majority of Canadians wanted more restrictions.

Most people are goosestepping sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Brah, even in 2022, when anybody with half a brain could figure out that the vaccines were worthless, a large majority of Canadians wanted more restrictions.

Most people are goosestepping sheep.
    I guess that small vocal minority was even more successful than I thought they were.

Page 140 of 155 FirstFirst ... 130 139 140 141 150 ... LastLast