Calgary real estate prospects - Page 60 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 60 of 361 FirstFirst ... 50 59 60 61 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 7218

Thread: Calgary real estate prospects

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting. I cannot relate to this at all.
    Eh, I just think we're all human and even if we say it's all business, for some it's still in the back of our minds when it's something that was pleasant vs. not so much. When one complains about this and that, I don't want it to bite back at me when it's a negligible sum in the grand scheme of things. This is coming from someone who will bitch at you over $10 if the situation is right...
    Last edited by Disoblige; 02-10-2022 at 01:37 AM.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

There’s a difference between asking for a possession day change and an extension of conditions. If they were asking the latter, I would say fuck it and put it back on the market.

A possession day change is a done deal and you get to keep the deposit if they flake. Some of the $800 is a write off for you anyway.

Always ask for a big deposit. Lol

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    you could ask the buyers for the $800 and gently suggest to your realtor that , if they don't pay up, you will consider re-listing it. See if they call your bluff. If so, your realtor will probably pay the fees vs losing a deal. Either way, you will be biggie sizing your Wendy's spicy chicken combos for the next little while.
    This, if you are looking at the trend, seller is in the position of power. Good luck go back to bidding.

We are in the age of no condition, sight unseen.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    I would dictate how the buyer's realtor and buyer has treated you so far. Unless they were dicks, just let it go.

If they were annoying throughout the whole process, I might be petty about it. But honestly it isn't "just business", epsecially for such a small amount. There is a calming effect knowing your house sold on good terms with no drama.
    I gotta agree with all of this too, they have been nothing but great from the start and came out swinging with the strongest offer and even though there were a few things found during inspection they didnt ask for any of it. If they tried to nickel and dime then yeah id be going for the full 2.5 weeks and then some

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    There’s a difference between asking for a possession day change and an extension of conditions. If they were asking the latter, I would say fuck it and put it back on the market.

A possession day change is a done deal and you get to keep the deposit if they flake. Some of the $800 is a write off for you anyway.

Always ask for a big deposit. Lol
    Mine was a pos day change, i definitely wouldnt have let them go another 2.5 weeks on waiving conditions. The buyers didnt waive the conditions yet(finance and HI) so im sure if i didnt agree to the pos change they couldve easily just said they didnt get financed and cancelled the deal if they couldnt do the original day.
    These buyers put down 100k and with the offer they also gave us a pre approval letter which had my address in it too, i was just expecting a generic letter saying the amount they were approved for but having the address was a nice touch. Pre approval doesnt really mean shit though, my realtor said a lot of deals are falling through because people are overpaying too much and when the lender appraises its not worth what they want to pay. Mine was priced higher no doubt but not like that blue magic starter home crack

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This, if you are looking at the trend, seller is in the position of power. Good luck go back to bidding.

We are in the age of no condition, sight unseen.
    I was in full power for sure but i was also at 850k, the no condition sight unseen is typically below 600k from what i hear
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    My realtor said a lot of deals are falling through because people are overpaying too much and when the lender appraises its not worth what they want to pay. Mine was priced higher no doubt but not like that blue magic starter home crack
    You realtor could be right or that they just doesn't want to bother. Even if you are willing to wait and take the $800 hit, can you tell realtor keep showing the home and entertain backup offers until it's a done deal? I would at least ask for that to lit a fire under the buying agent/buyer to not to pull some dumb shit and back out.

But if you feel this ask is a way for them to get an out and you KNOW for sure they overpaid, I would just accommodate them than take the $800 loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    You realtor could be right or that they just doesn't want to bother. Even if you are willing to wait and take the $800 hit, can you tell realtor keep showing the home and entertain backup offers until it's a done deal? I would at least ask for that to lit a fire under the buying agent/buyer to not to pull some dumb shit and back out.

But if you feel this ask is a way for them to get an out and you KNOW for sure they overpaid, I would just accommodate them than take the $800 loss.
    This ask was definitely not a way out, they had until yesterday night to waive the conditions which they did right after i agreed to the pos change. If they wanted a potential way out they wouldve asked for an extension on conditions or just told me they couldnt get financed. I still have the sale brochure from last summer when i tried to sell and it was 130k less than ask this year, i got way too cocky with the boom last year and thought i could sell without finishing everything I ended up putting in another 25k but with that and how the market went it paid off and then some as me and the tax man are up another 125k in less than a year.
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

My God..
    I know we all know this but it hits different when a house on your street lists for what seems to be ludicrous price but sells in a day or so for over 13% over, and 40% over what the house was worth a year ago.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Name:  65e5hc.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  77.5 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Name:  65e5hc.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  77.5 KB
    Gotta love the sarcasm after mocking those who told you so lmao.

Most you didnt believe me when I told you the housing market was ready to blow up. Your loss lol. Go back 20-20 pages for chuckles.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm not being sarcastic. I'm just watching all this as an external observer, since I'm not in the housing market.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Power_Of_Rotary View Post
    Gotta love the sarcasm after mocking those who told you so lmao.

Most you didnt believe me when I told you the housing market was ready to blow up. Your loss lol. Go back 20-20 pages for chuckles.
    You know who is just about exclusively denying the hAwT housing pierces and saying condos are for homosexuals and that Asia is a crippled senior perched upon a pillar of eroding salt???
    Everyone in the Freedom Convoy Thread!! You should check it out!! Go there immediately and research their research.
    Take your time in there to adequately own some newbs. Take your time!

I heard they're all acreage dwellers, too.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Market is nuts

I just listed a property on Friday and sold it today for $68750 above ask.

We listed it 19% above city assessment.

Crazy

My Ride
    ute

Just more evidence that the housing market is hot.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

A little insight, every buyer I have done deals with this year have been from either Ontario or BC.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Gross, but I guess their money spends the same.

My Ride
    ute

A net transfer of capital out of Ontario and into Alberta is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    You know who is just about exclusively denying the hAwT housing pierces and saying condos are for homosexuals and that Asia is a crippled senior perched upon a pillar of eroding salt???
    Everyone in the Freedom Convoy Thread!! You should check it out!! Go there immediately and research their research.
    Take your time in there to adequately own some newbs. Take your time!

I heard they're all acreage dwellers, too.
    Sorry I dont remember which rednecks were mocking me on the hot market comments. But I am sure they feel good sitting in their mommas basements watching the market move on without them lol
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

My Ride
    ute

Sorry I dont remember which rednecks were mocking me on the hot market comments. But I am sure they feel good sitting in their mommas basements watching the market move on without them lol
    You still don't know why we were making fun of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    You still don't know why we were making fun of you.

I assume its because I was telling you guys to jump in on the gold rush before its too late. But WHO KNOWS!

My Ride
    ute

I assume its because I was telling you guys to jump in on the gold rush before its too late. But WHO KNOWS!
    No, it's because you were stating the obvious. Just so you know.

Page 60 of 361 FirstFirst ... 50 59 60 61 70 ... LastLast