Quantcast
What's your thoughts on "The Great Reset" - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 101

Thread: What's your thoughts on "The Great Reset"

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    9,024
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    animals-threatening-auras15.jpg
    Me watching this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His name isn't NICEramos.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    2,615
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CUG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're overconfident and oversimplistic on all points.

    You're right, my assessment of value is meaningless until enough people are aligned with those values, then the wolf of wall street posers will have to pivot to a sustainable model. I admire your enthusiasm, but it's unsustainable at almost every level.



    The models exist already, chihuahua.
    What's unsustainable? Capitalism? Be specific when you make ap oint.

    And no, my points are not simplistic. They are simply reality. No political entity will remove their power to influence people by buying their votes. It's their single most valuable lever. Your dream of a UBI is a non-starter for this very reason.

    As for my other point: it relies on gov't bureaucrats setting prices for what the UBI should be. This type of central planning is always fatally flawed. Even if society could manage to implement a UBI despite the political class never allowing it, you are always going to be faced with the pricing problem. Both of these points are conveniently ignored by UBI advocates. It's barely better than the Miss USA candidates saying that their dream is to solve world hunger and have peace all over.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    772
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I could see Trudeau as a Miss USA contestant.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Egg Sammich
    Posts
    1,518
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I could see Trudeau as a Miss USA contestant.
    Doesn't Trump own that pageant?
    No way he's letting someone brown win.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,400
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't Trump own that pageant?
    No way he's letting someone brown win.
    Trump just dates the contestants. Not sure if Trudeau has the knees for him though.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    9,024
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Trump hasn't owned that pageant in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His name isn't NICEramos.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    337
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CUG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a really unintelligent aunt who thinks "this is all communism". In reality it's the acceleration of capitalism:

    1.) Well-resourced people are not struggling really at all, other than their "mental health" issues around not being able to as easily visit Mykonos and party at Coachella
    2.) The principle of scarcity is predictably offering its outcome (shortages of XYZ, increasing costs of XYZ; see lumber, RVs, food, etc)
    3.) Less-resourced people are in a severe all around depression
    4.) Record profits for well-positioned corporations/businesses
    5.) The fall of smaller less-resourced businesses
    6.) Predictably, when the government provided coverage for those less-resourced people, the angry lower-middle-class screamed about communism because poor people apparently shouldn't be able to eat or have shelter.

    Personally, this situation has walked a few of the remaining conservative values I had out the door. I cannot identify with people who have zero empathy for others in such a loud manner, in order to, in essence, defend billionaires.

    Great reset? You're seeing the system play out in its natural manner. To suggest this was a massive conspiracy is, as a metaphor, to expose your underwhelming and defective genitals to the internet. (not OP specifically)
    Wow. You've managed to fall for every socialist/communist illusion there is. Keep the blinders on, everything thing is fine.

    EDIT- Judging by your negative rep, you're angry. I honestly wouldn't know where to start in pointing out all the errors in your thinking on this one. We have to go all the way back and teach you about simple economics like inflation that you are demonstrating a complete lack of understanding on.

    Every problem we are seeing in the world right now is due to centralized power and overeach of government, not capitalism. Hilarious that you would think something like UBI is a construct of capitalism, and that it is a good idea to help people that are hurting. That's the equivalent of having a knife cut, and then shooting yourself so that the knife wound won't bother you any longer. The reason the poor keep getting poorer, is because the government won't stop creating crazy inflation by printing money. And they are doubling down on killing the poor and wiping out the middle class by further fucking up our monetary issues with UBI.

    For somebody claiming to be empathetic, you sure fucking hate the poor and seem to want to see the rich get richer.

    The entirety of the "Great Reset" revolves around further centralizing power, and removing freedoms and opportunity of citizens. It's basically text book Communism. The likes of Buster and the rest of us do not have to believe we can make it to Billionaire status to be against this. We simply do not want to be strangled down to current lowest level of poverty, which is exactly what these great reset policies lead to. Weird, just like Communism has always done.



    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought the deal with UBI was that there was no "clawback" for small amounts earned above it? Like there was no disincentive to working whatever shitty party time job you coukd get on top of UBI?
    Seems like they have changed their tune on that with the latest news we are seeing.


    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't Trump own that pageant?
    No way he's letting someone brown win.
    At least he would have another pussy to grab.
    Last edited by Misterman; 04-15-2021 at 03:42 AM.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Vagabond Backpacker
    My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus
    Posts
    1,222
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    All this MMT bullshit greatly concerns me. We know who will benefit most.

    (To save others doing the calculation, it works out to ~16x, 11.5x, 7.4x, 4.6x, respectively).

    172909125_10101210781112947_5746169332644652302_n.jpg

    Credit expansion, deficits/debt, and government support of zombie companies is of greatest benefit to the plutocrats.
    Last edited by davidI; 04-15-2021 at 02:53 AM.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    2,615
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All this MMT bullshit greatly concerns me. We know who will benefit most.

    (To save others doing the calculation, it works out to ~16x, 11.5x, 7.4x, 4.6x, respectively).

    172909125_10101210781112947_5746169332644652302_n.jpg

    Credit expansion, deficits/debt, and government support of zombie companies is of greatest benefit to the plutocrats.
    A person who makes a dollar off of rent-seeking and government regulatory capture is more dangerous than a capitalist that makes a billion dollars.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Vagabond Backpacker
    My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus
    Posts
    1,222
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A person who makes a dollar off of rent-seeking and government regulatory capture is more dangerous than a capitalist that makes a billion dollars.
    Note sure if I understand your point - at the moment, my view is that it's the capitalists making the billions off of regulatory capture and rent-seeking.

    Stimulus, easy credit conditions, and growing bureaucracy have basically made it so dominant corporations haven't had to compete against anyone for over a decade. Even the "disruptive innovators" are basically just monopolies who price-out or buy-out their competitors with easy money now (granted, the lucky few who get bought out do gain from their efforts).

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    2,615
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Note sure if I understand your point - at the moment, my view is that it's the capitalists making the billions off of regulatory capture and rent-seeking.

    Stimulus, easy credit conditions, and growing bureaucracy have basically made it so dominant corporations haven't had to compete against anyone for over a decade. Even the "disruptive innovators" are basically just monopolies who price-out or buy-out their competitors with easy money now (granted, the lucky few who get bought out do gain from their efforts).
    those aren't capitalists.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Vagabond Backpacker
    My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus
    Posts
    1,222
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    those aren't capitalists.
    Who are modern day capitalists then? SMEs taking advantage of cheap credit to fight through the bureaucracy? Seems to me the small caps have been failing more than succeeding.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    3,051
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hypothetically if the moon was made of cheese we could have a giant fondue.
    Well since there was never a moon landing, do we really even know?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    2,615
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who are modern day capitalists then? SMEs taking advantage of cheap credit to fight through the bureaucracy? Seems to me the small caps have been failing more than succeeding.
    Anyone working within a system that is free from government price controls and coercion is a capitalist. They are either successful or not, but they are operating in a free market.

    Anybody who is not operating in such a system is not a capitalist.

    It's not like you can declare yourself "I am a CAPITALIST, I shall do capitalism!" It's an economic and political system not a personal one.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Ignore List
    Posts
    9,024
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    So nobody in Europe or North America then. Probably lots in Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His name isn't NICEramos.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    590
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Capitalists have already bailed on US dollars, and Yen and Yuan.

    They all moved to digital currencies. Its very hard to "owe" someone a Bitcoin, there is really no banking structure setup to lend a Bitcoin into the future. As well it should be. You should only be in government fiat currencies if you believe that debt bondage should be a thing.

    I'd rather have real growth and progress year over year, decade on decade, century to century - not whatever NASA is (If a $10,000 toilet seat represents capitalism in America)

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    YYC
    Posts
    3,270
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Given what I know. I'd much more support a beefed up school program to feed and get clothing/supplies to the kids that attend who need it.
    Parents are going to spend UBI on what they want first (generally) and food ain't one of them.

    But feeding kids at school isn't going to buy votes. Maybe long term when they become 18. But who knows what Trudeau will identify as when that happens.

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    2,615
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So nobody in Europe or North America then. Probably lots in Africa.
    You can identify lots of cases of explosive growth in African countries after a failed-state status and the people start to rebuild infrastructure from the ground up. Market participants begin to solve problems. Then the warlords take over and whatever.

    As for NA and Europe - I think you are correct, we're becoming less and less free market and are suffering the consequences.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    160
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can identify lots of cases of explosive growth in African countries after a failed-state status and the people start to rebuild infrastructure from the ground up. Market participants begin to solve problems. Then the warlords take over and whatever.

    As for NA and Europe - I think you are correct, we're becoming less and less free market and are suffering the consequences.
    Examples of these cases?

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    772
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonito View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Examples of these cases?
    Wakanda.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Oil and Gas - The Great Crew Change - thoughts?

    By ExtraSlow in forum Careers
    Replies: 54
    Latest Threads: 02-26-2020, 11:55 PM
  2. Reset "maintenance light" on RSX?

    By old&slow in forum Mechanical
    Replies: 2
    Latest Threads: 03-01-2008, 10:19 AM
  3. Reset needed after changing the stock air box?

    By Caretaker in forum Mechanical
    Replies: 9
    Latest Threads: 08-11-2003, 01:10 PM
  4. AFC V2 stuck in Dec Air menu. Any way to Reset?

    By Hollywood in forum Mechanical
    Replies: 8
    Latest Threads: 05-15-2003, 11:06 PM
  5. Reset The "Maintenance required Indicator"

    By No.not.again in forum Mechanical
    Replies: 9
    Latest Threads: 01-20-2003, 01:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •