Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 257 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 257 of 365 FirstFirst ... 247 256 257 258 267 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,140 of 7282

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This later stage of covid is revealing some interesting people to be susceptible to moronic thinking. Rogan is one .. Also Bret Weinstein
    Yup. These “just asking questions” guys are off the rails. When I first discovered BW about a year ago, he was making a lot of sense to me. But lately he’s just become another grifter.

Just a bunch of horse-paste eatin' anti-vaxxers!

My Ride
    *The First*

I usually defer major health care crisis decisions to countries who have a GDP smaller than Calgary and Botswana is always my first choice.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I usually defer major health care crisis decisions to countries who have a GDP smaller than Calgary and Botswana is always my first choice.
    Well they have a life expectancy of 54 years, so they are doing something right.
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

Quote Originally Posted by born2workoncars View Post
    Just a bunch of horse-paste eatin' anti-vaxxers!

Is that Jan 9, 2021 or sept 1, 2021? #triggered

They need to stick to blood diamonds, leave the Covid-19 deworming to the pros.

Agreed, lets just add them to the list of countries that are full of doctors and public health institutions that know nothing about medicine and just love eating horse paste:

Czech Republic, Bolivia, Honduras, Slovakia, South Africa, and Zimbabwe, among others.

Relevant:

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Yup. These “just asking questions” guys are off the rails. When I first discovered BW about a year ago, he was making a lot of sense to me. But lately he’s just become another grifter.
    Bret's always been a weird dude.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I don't think people should be taking Ivermectin today because there's no solid study completed on it yet, especially horse paste which is a whole other world of weird, but I feel the latest media and social media onslaught of Ivermectin will just promote fake news if positive results ever comes to fruition. Group think is terrible on both sides.

India was treating patients with Remdesivir and Ivermectin with some positive results during their waves. Remdesivir actually got FDA approval for treating COVID. Both were ridiculed, which is stupid. Horse paste, sure ridicule away, but giving Ivermectin a bad rap right off the bat with no supporting data because one use is for animals is stupid. Gotta get those meme upvotes and likes I guess.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Is that Jan 9, 2021 or sept 1, 2021? #triggered
    It was British colony so Sept 1st, 2021.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    , but giving Ivermectin a bad rap right off the bat with no supporting data because one use is for animals is stupid. Gotta get those meme upvotes and likes I guess.
    A lot of it comes from anti-vax people claiming it was a miracle drug so we dont need vaccinations. The only supporting data at the time was a single doctor treating people in a 3rd world country.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

someone correct me if i'm wrong but getting vaccinated doesn't mean you can't get covid and you can still pass it to others. The variant has appeared because the virus is trying to survive and adapt so the vaccine can't do its job. So why get the vaccine now if you can still get covid, transmit it and breed the variant...not trying to be ignorant but just trying to understand it.

As Kert loves to demonstrate, it's not an either/or. You can implement an Ivermectin protocol AND vaccines. There's no reason for not having a treatment protocol for COVID at this point. Not sure how anyone thinks it's 'get vaccinated, but if you catch covid and you're not vaxxed, there's zero options for you'. This is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    A lot of it comes from anti-vax people claiming it was a miracle drug so we dont need vaccinations. The only supporting data at the time was a single doctor treating people in a 3rd world country.
    I think the loudest voices have been doctors working on the frontline seeing results. That's why we know about Ivermectin. Whether the anti-vax crowd tries to hijack it is another issue, but throwing the baby out with the bath water is probably not the right approach here. If the best argument you can formulate is that the drug is used across the animal kingdom... probably time to revisit the evidence and ask yourself why you're so quick to develop an emotional response to discredit the treatment.

Tik-Tok - I like a lot of your posts on the forum, but you were so quick to start these childish 'flcccccccccccccccccccp' posts after I first added Ivermectin to the discussion in this thread. I still have trouble understanding how some forum members are unable to facilitate healthy discussion and debate on this subject.

I have never taken an anti-vax position in this thread, and all the content and arguments I post have reasonable grounds to be considered and a substantial amount of evidence. Yet there's kneejerk reaction from some members that I have yet to fully understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    someone correct me if i'm wrong but getting vaccinated doesn't mean you can't get covid and you can still pass it to others. The variant has appeared because the virus is trying to survive and adapt so the vaccine can't do its job. So why get the vaccine now if you can still get covid, transmit it and breed the variant...not trying to be ignorant but just trying to understand it.
    Vaccines provide a significant reduction in the severity of illness from Delta.

Yes, you can still die of covid if you are vaccinated, but it is significantly less likely.

Boosters are being implemented because CDC is hoping they will boost immunity. Eventually we will see a covid variant that escapes vaccinated immunity entirely, mainly because it's narrow in its scope of action.

This is why acquired immunity is important to study. We need to know if the natural immune process creates a broader, more durable response to variants - right now it seems like that is the case.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    The vaccines are highly effective, even with variants, of greatly reducing your risk of a serious health outcome from being infected. No matter what risk group you were in before being vaccinated, getting vaccinated dramatically reduces your risk of a serious health outcome. That's the point.
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

Quote Originally Posted by born2workoncars View Post
    I have never taken an anti-vax position in this thread.
    Saying you don’t need to get the vaccine if you’ve been infected is an anti-vax position.

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Saying you don’t need to get the vaccine if you’ve been infected is an anti-vax position.
    Naw, it really isn't. And being black and white is a painfully ignorant mindset. One could argue this is a subset of your marxist-leaning ideology.

You can simultaneously suggest that a young, healthy individual with no co-morbidities who has recovered from COVID does not need a vaccine - and also believe that vaccines are effective for those who have not yet been infected, or are in at risk groups.

Interestingly enough, this is why many European countries recognize acquired immunity as sufficient for a vaccine passport.

My Ride
    ute

more like born2notworkonviruses.

amirite?!

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    more like born2notworkonviruses.

amirite?!
    If you're gonna troll, at least be funny!

My Ride
    ute

I laughed at me. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    The vaccines are highly effective, even with variants, of greatly reducing your risk of a serious health outcome from being infected. No matter what risk group you were in before being vaccinated, getting vaccinated dramatically reduces your risk of a serious health outcome. That's the point.
    so it protects the individual from serious health outcomes (IE death from covid) but it still doesn't stop the transmission of covid from one person to another. I saw that there was a cruise ship that only allowed vaccinated people on board but somehow there was an outbreak on the ship!

Page 257 of 365 FirstFirst ... 247 256 257 258 267 ... LastLast