Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 313 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 313 of 365 FirstFirst ... 303 312 313 314 323 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,260 of 7282

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it'll be really funny if the results of the studies actually verifies Invermectin as a viable early infection treatment. I'm rooting for it just for the lolz even.
    Completely anecdotal, but we met an expat couple at the ferry terminal in BC, who were trying to get back to Mexico. They got turned around at the land border in their car. They said they didn't get what the problem was, because in Mexico they're just giving everyone Ivermectin and don't seem to have a problem with hospitals. Like I said, completely anecdotal, but interesting none the less. I haven't bird dogged to see what Mexicos death and ICU numbers look like.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

My Ride
    NC1

How many of them unhealthy/obese/underlying conditions? Okay doesn't mean you should die.

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    How many of them unhealthy/obese/underlying conditions? Okay doesn't mean you should die.
    We were also pretty locked down in January. People weren't out driving to work and dying in car accidents, or dying doing stupid activities.

There is always a ton of contextual issues with these shock and fear headlines that are needed to make sense of things. The covidiots don't like talking about those things.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    I'm guessing on average they were in average health.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

It's Easy to say just get Jabbed, what, you afraid of a needle? You are an Idiot.

No. People are quite capable of making their own decisions without unnecessary coercion. And people are smart enough to know that if the risk was so great, people would be lining up in huge queues to get the Jab. Each person is different. So they can look at other things to evaluate further. They look at the data, the studies, alternative treatments, their age, how healthy they are, the risk of Adverse events, their religious beliefs. Maybe they want to get the jab after evaluating everything, and maybe they don't, and that's fine.

How is one willing to say go get the jab or you can't have a job or participate in team sports, or participate in society? If one was coerced or peer-pressured, and they take it even though they didn't want to, but then died or suffered adverse events, then that's a pretty crappy outcome. Let people decide their own way. It's more acceptable to oneself if one makes their own decisions and faces the consequences whether it turns out bad or not, rather than being told what to do and then suffering the consequences when something bad happens to them.

I can provide all the information I want regarding Covid19 and this particular vaxx, and then discuss and debate things. In the end, I can provide my reasonings, and whether people agree or not, that's fine. I would never feel right denying people what they want to do or force someone into doing something against their will.

My Ride
    Model S

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    In the past we did not operate using the concept that a person is responsible for their own infectivity. We established that an infection was a passenger that was not directly your responsibility. There is no reason to consider this concept sacrosanct. I don't see anything reprehensible about extending the concept of personal responsibility to infections you cause.

In other words, your freedom to throw a punch ends where my nose begins. By the same logic, perhaps your freedom to be infected ends where your infection of other people begins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    one is accidental, one is negligence.
    This is amazing. So many of you people have become brain damaged. It's like you went from an intelligent, principled person to an empty vessel carrying water for a narrative that you never would have supported 2 years ago.

TurboMedic is a medical professional of some sort, I'm guessing an EMT, and he's saying hilariously dumb shit, while being a condescending asshole, even though it's trivially provable that he's wrong. He doesn't have any clue about MABs. He'll google it after reading this post, realize how dumb it was to say only a few thousand have been tried, and then throw out more straw man arguments. And yes, it's absolutely true that you bounce back right away on them. They're easy to get here and they work fantastic. But he keeps doing this thing where he argues against some nonsense he found somewhere else and acts as though I've said anything close to that. Like the vaccines being FDA approved, as if that's a factor I ever brought up. Haha wtf?

Anyway, it's best that he and I ignore each other for now, we're both being dicks and there's no chance of productive conversation. I'm actually interested in discussing things, but not with people who just lob low-effort slander. If you say things like anti-vaxxer, horse paste, "facebook research", injecting microchips, 3g, population control, you're not a serious person. It's a pretty transparent attempt to convince people not to read what someone else has to say, and it's bizarre as hell.

Anyway, there are two large problems I see with the discussion.

The first one is the rationale being spouted for mandates is factually incorrect. All of it. It's not just misleading, it's completely upside down in many cases. With a little effort, this is easily provable using actual government data and peer reviewed studies that aren't even disputed. Like we are talking reading straight-forward integers in tables for some of this. Things people keep spouting as fact have been debunked by more recent studies in journals like The Lancet 6-9 months ago, and are NOT current science. Ironically, because the "follow the science" people gave up following the science a year ago. I hear people say things that Fauci said in March that he's reversed June. Same with the CDC.

People's understanding of the risk is amazingly miscalibrated. The risk of getting covid, the risk of severe outcomes, and the efficacy of the vaccines, all wildly misunderstood. That's understandable, because most people don't have thousands of hours to spend on this shit and keep up to date with it, but what's more surprising is the misplaced confidence that people have, and the 180 they have taken on what they now think are reasonable measures.

The second problem is most people don't actually want to find out that the direction is wrong and are being intellectually lazy about it. This for a few reasons. If you posted on instagram bragging about your vax, you've adopted it as your identity and joined this cult mentality that you're one of the good citizens. It's really hard to go back from something that you've adopted as part of your identity and shown to the world and had positive reinforcement for. Another big one is that the pandemic fucking sucks. We want this to be the answer. People who don't take it are getting in the way of it being the answer. For these folks, at some point, it will sink in for most that this isn't the answer to ending the pandemic.

It's not going to work. The data on this is clear enough that 2 people at the FDA RESIGNED IN PROTEST. The folks that were onboard with this whole thing all along, they can see by the data and the research, plain as day, that this is a stupid, untested strategy that is unsupported by the science. They voted something like 15-2 against approving a 3rd shot.

The FDA. Voted. Not. To. Approve. With landslide supermajority of scientists that comprise the advisory board. The kind that follow the science.

And it was VETOED by the Biden admin's CDC chief (who has been wrong consistently). One lady just disregarded their opinions and unilaterally gave the green light. Meanwhile, European countries are still finding very concerning data and pulled Moderna because it turned out that the vaccine is more dangerous than COVID for younger people according to the numbers. The same one that they screamed until they were blue in the face is safe and effective, now needs boosters 6 months later according to some, and is suddenly banned in 5 countries in the span of a couple weeks.

As much as you have been bombarded with, admittedly mostly bullshit, some of it extremely outlandish, that's gotta at least tickle your brain a little bit.

Here's a fun fact. I have a copy of the database for Washington State updated as of 3 weeks ago. It's public record, anyone can get a copy. Most states make their data available. It's not as granular as I would like, and some countries are better, but it's enough to completely debunk several of the claims that people just repeat uncritically. I looked at deaths in my county of about 220k people under 50 since the pandemic began. Do you know what is more life threatening?

WALKING IN SEATTLE.

12 pedestrian deaths in Seattle last year. 7 covid deaths under 50 in my county of 220k, ever. Those 7 include stage 4 cancer patients and severely ill and obese. ZERO children. So vaccinating kids is really fucking stupid risk-wise. That part is very clear and always has been, from all data in every country.

Same story with vaccinating people who were previously infected. Their immunity is far superior, validated repeatedly in multiple papers. The reason for this is also very obvious if you understand how the vaccines work, even to a layperson. Even if you've lost your mind and justified forcing other people to get vaccinated, as though that does anything to protect anyone else (reduced spread is technically correct in some sense, but in practice, basically a wash, or in some cases, even worse) it should at least be non-controversial that there is no justification to vaccinate people who had COVID.

Anyway, I hope people realize that we are well past Plan A. And there is no Plan B. The booster idea was grasping at straws. Nobody knows how to get out of this, but we know it wont be the current vaccines. Herd immunity was a cute theory, but it's debunked and no medical authority is still hanging on to that hope. Of course, every last person briefly became an expert in herd immunity and repeated the nonsense that it was the magic 70% or 80% or whatever. That was just accepted as some well established fact and everyone else was treated as uneducated if they didn't already know that. While we are at it, masks are nearly useless also. This is all theater because we don't have the answers and people in charge have to act like they know what they're doing.

Anyway, I have to run to my meeting at the ice wall!

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    So many of you people

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

19 months in, and people still don't understand masks are to stop people from spitting on eachother. Then they wonder why we aren't listening to their arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    TurboMedic is a medical professional of some sort, I'm guessing an EMT, and he's saying hilariously dumb shit, while being a condescending asshole, even though it's trivially provable that he's wrong. He doesn't have any clue about MABs. He'll google it after reading this post, realize how dumb it was to say only a few thousand have been tried, and then throw out more straw man arguments. And yes, it's absolutely true that you bounce back right away on them. They're easy to get here and they work fantastic. But he keeps doing this thing where he argues against some nonsense he found somewhere else and acts as though I've said anything close to that. Like the vaccines being FDA approved, as if that's a factor I ever brought up. Haha wtf?
    You misread my post for comparison sake, so I'll just correct you. I said this:
    Even though BILLIONS of doses of vaccine have been administered and proven effective vs what likely amounts to thousands of treatments?
    as a comparison for the vast difference between preventative vs reactionary treatment. It was something around 600,000 antibody treatments, which is literally thousands in comparison to the billions of vaccine doses. Just because it doesn't fit your narrative doesn't mean it isn't true. Nowhere did I say a few thousand.

By the way, what are your credentials? What is your experience in all of this aside from reading stuff and watching youtube? I would assume you have no actual tangible first hand experience....am I correct? And no, I'm not an EMT, I went to school longer than that
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Gupta on Rogan show. Entertainment factor high.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Model S

Ok, so from thousands to hundreds of thousands, getting warmer! We're actually well over a million but who's counting. Also, they're "free", so cost isn't even an issue if you want them.

For some reason, Canada seems to be avoiding telling people about them or making an effort to distribute them widely, which is kind of fucked up, but it's clear that people have a spiteful, punitive attitude towards unvaccinated people, even though this is what clears out hospitals. If I needed them, I could go to over 75 locations in the state, including pharmacies, and I don't have to take someone's hospital bed. This should be a huge part of any health care strategy because even vaccinated people need them for breakthroughs, which start happening after 6 months or so.

But hey, if people know they can get them, they might use it as an excuse to avoid the vaccine, so fuck em, let them die to prove a point and gloat after, right. Really putting the "care" in "health care"!

By the way, what are your credentials? What is your experience in all of this aside from reading stuff and watching youtube? I would assume you have no actual tangible first hand experience....am I correct?

My Ride
    NC1

The govt is pot committed to vax so must ignore natural immunity and MABs

$2100 usd a pop for regeneron. $16 for a jab.

Pretty obvious choice as a government which one you should encourage.

My Ride
    NC1

Lol shit nvm

My Ride
    *The First*

WtF is Regeneron?! Isn't it a joke from Always Sunny in Philadelphia?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Flowers for Regerneron was a supser sads book.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

https://globalnews.ca/news/8218172/c...vid-treatment/

Canada only bought 9000 doses according to that article. What a joke compared to the 3M doses US bought.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    https://globalnews.ca/news/8218172/c...vid-treatment/

Canada only bought 9000 doses according to that article. What a joke compared to the 3M doses US bought.
    The Canadian government sucks at procurement? I’m shocked good sir! Next you’ll tell me we struggle to buy jets.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Why would we need millions of doses of a costly treatment for a disease where severe outcomes are almost totally preventable? What's the point of that?

Page 313 of 365 FirstFirst ... 303 312 313 314 323 ... LastLast