2021 f1 - Page 90 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 90 of 96 FirstFirst ... 80 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 1917

Thread: 2021 f1

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has it been stated anywhere the reason for Perez's retirement?
    I read it was because RBR wanted to take him out from in-between Max and Ham at the restart after the last safety car so Max had less cars to over take, but that could be just internet rumours. Either way, at that time they didn't know that Masi was going to make it easy for them anyway and basically give them the WDC.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 12-13-2021 at 04:06 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado

Hamilton didn't deserve it

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    The cocky Dutch guy tried to make a pass way, way inside of a turn on the first lap so the cocky black guy went so fucking far off the track I think he was able to visit the concession while he cut the corner and gained a hilarious lead instead of actually being passed.

Some steward (maybe named Stuart) said this was A-OK.
    So is going off track to cut the corner legal or illegal? Is that more or less controversial than this final lap thing? Also, I don't want to pretend to understand the obviously thicc rule book but why would anyone want a race to end numerous laps early because of a safety car or whatever. Why would it not run wide open the entire expected duration? I paid attention purely because of obvious exciting story but I find the entire thing overly complicated right now haha
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    So is going off track to cut the corner legal or illegal? Is that more or less controversial than this final lap thing? Also, I don't want to pretend to understand the obviously thicc rule book but why would anyone want a race to end numerous laps early because of a safety car or whatever. Why would it not run wide open the entire expected duration? I paid attention purely because of obvious exciting story but I find the entire thing overly complicated right now haha
    The end of the race stuff is less controversial I think. Basically everyone acknowledges that they played fast and loose with the rule book to get the best possible racing event.

The pass by Max seems to be the one that is more controversial. Half the people want that type of aggressive pass to be allowable, and half don't. The part B to this is that Hamilton took advantage of the fact that the tracks now have hundreds of feet of extra track instead of gravel to re-pass max. This is a "feature" of the newer tracks that other drivers have been warning will be abused, as Hamilton did. So Max's behaviour was aggressive (rightly or wrongly), and Hamilton's response was cheesy and entitled-toddler like.

Lewis could have made the corner if Max didn't divebomb and not leave any space to do so.
    In Brazil, Lewis tried the outside and Max forgot how to brake and shoved them both off track.
    In Saudi, Lewis went inside and Max went wide and cut the corner and carried on.

Lewis would have been damned either way with Max's driving. Lewis made the right play based on FIA's precedence of inconsistency.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Schumacher was dirty. I don't think Lewis always benefits from being dirty. I think he had benefited from a lot of decisions going his way over the years. The start of this race being a prime example.
    Agreed on this. As talented as Schumi was, I still hold a lot of distain for his antics and cheating (Jerez 97 was a perfect example of that).

At least Lewis has kept his career relatively issue free in that realm. Which I do commend him for

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Going off track to pass is illegal period. The aggressor is always under heavier scrutiny, with the exception of lap 1.

Going off track to defend against a pass is murky. In this case it was deemed ok because the defender was forced off. That said I’ve seen at Monza where the aggressor left room, defender went off track, and only a warning was issued. Shit like this needs to be cleaned up and enforced properly.

I mean the drivers have complained since Brazil not knowing what’s allowed and what’s not, and that makes it stupid.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

You do know that Hamilton rammed Max this race, right. (Again)
    This one is definitely both shared fault here. But this is a problem with the FIA. The FIA just rules that the place has to be given back, but they leave it to the drivers to just sort of figure out where on the fly. Now you have this BS with both of them refusing to make a move before DRS detection. There really should be a designated spot on track for these types of rulings.

But in this case with the rules the way they are, this is more Lewis' fault than Max's. Hamilton is claiming he didn't receive the message to take the place back, but that's completely irrelevant to the crash situation. He sees Max slow down, which could be a car problem or whatever, as a race driver you are looking for an opportunity to make the pass always. So Lewis has no excuse, there was an opening to pass, he should have went. Instead he just sits behind Max like a retard, and then Max who is following FIA orders tries to let Hamilton by at a place that won't fuck him over the most. Then he sees Hamilton just careening right towards him, so he dives to the right and brakes to create more speed differential for Hamilton to complete the pass. Hamilton target fixates and just piles into the back of the Redbull like it's his first day on track. Facepalm for Hamilton all over that incident.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Did you not read the part where their investigation discovered that Max slammed the brakes causing a sudden deceleration of 2.4G? Or are we just going to ignore that and argue for the sake of arguing?

You should be thankful that the penalty won't impact his next race, which it very well should have considering how dangerous it is to do that.
    And how else would you propose he create more speed differential to get Lewis past him? You seem to be ignoring(like the FIA) that he cranked wheels to the right as well, so as to try and prevent an accident from the guy behind him driving like he is blind. More lucky charms for Lewis. Only he could intentionally ram someone from behind, and the rear ended driver gets the penalty/points.

The idea that Max braking is somehow a smoking gun is preposterous.

It's a reasonable smoking gun to use if you know nothing about racing, and ignore any and all possible context about why he braked.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    I am just pissed that Max keeps getting away while acting like a hooligan without getting any real consequences to his dangerous actions. Way to tell him it's okay for him to keep acting like that. Wouldn't put him DNF'ing himself and Lewis at the final race just so he can have the WDC based on the number of wins.
    It's hilarious that people keep spewing stuff like this. The worst accident of taking someone out this entire season, was done by Hamilton. And the only reason for close racing points is due to the way the FIA has appeared to show favoritism to Mercedes, and Max DNF'ing over an unlucky tire situation. This whole season was owned by Max. The irony of a Hamilton fanboi claiming the rules need to be enforced harsher, is that if the penalties were enforced fairly and harshly across the field, Lewis wouldn't even have been in contention for WDC this year.

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

I am a casual fan since I was a kid, I look forward to next year. But, the FIA really need to fucking fix their house before then so we don't have crazy bs all year long.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by BigDL View Post
    I am a casual fan since I was a kid, I look forward to next year. But, the FIA really need to fucking fix their house before then so we don't have crazy bs all year long.
    "Fixing their house" looks a lot like not giving their superstars freebees. I said at the time when Silverstone happened that they would regret it. And here we are.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Silverstone was max not backing out, compare that to Hamilton at Dubai. Sure Hamilton cut the course and got a lasting advantage but he lived to fight. Max has no understanding of that which is a gift and a curse. Hamilton should have given the lead to max at Dubai, max should have backed out at silverstone or gone wide.

I’d just like to see fair racing, with little input from the stewards or director.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I’m not convinced F1 has anything to do with racing
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I’m not convinced F1 has anything to do with racing
    Not this year in many circumstances.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    *The First*

Who was the Crypt Keeper at the very start of the broadcast that tried to help us manufacture all the drama about the drama? Man, that was some bad television!

Was that some famous, racer guy? That's gotta be some Weekend At Bernie's shit.
    He sounded like the Haitians from GTA Vice City.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Maybe you guys should try watching MotoGP next year. It seems to be a top tier racing series where actual racing takes place.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I guess that puts the Ham #blessed and FIA favoring Mercedes narratives to bed.

Great season. Great tense ending. Very fucking enjoyable.
    Nah, I'd say not.

Masi- "Hey Lewis, remember when you drove off track and gained 2 seconds? You have to give that advantage up."
    Lewis- "No thanks, I'll keep it. Fuck Max, and fuck you Michael"
    Masi- "Ok, wonderful Lewis. Thanks again"

It was nice of the FIA to have a moment of clarity on the last few laps of the season after RBR getting repeatedly fucked. It got RBR the outcome they earned this year, but for me it doesn't make up for the non stop nonsense this year.

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    Yes, and track position is king. You don't put yourself in a position to have to overtake Max as the last races have shown.
    The race should have ended under safety car had the rules been followed though.
    And nobody was psychic enough to know the Latifi crash was coming. Merc absolutely should have put tires on Lewis car when Max went for his first set under VSC. But they gambled because they didn't want to risk losing the position, and they paid for that gamble at the end of the race. And the unlapping of cars is at directors discretion, so rules were followed. But I agree it was a shit show.

What does Merc want? The race to finish behind safety car?
    If that is what equals winning, then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Is there an equivalent term to puck bunny in F1?
    Tire biter

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    I mean, I'm just a humble space chicken, but if Max didn't DNF Silverstone, he would've been up on points this season anyways. The fact that he was tied for points with that DNF says a lot to me.
    And literally nobody talking about Baku. That DNF was pure shit luck and not even a debatable tussle between him and Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    But why should have there been a penalty? Max forced Lewis wide, and Lewis drove into the runoff and rejoined at the right point. If Lewis tries to make the turn, they both crash. As a Lewis hater I get that would give Max the championship. But if you heard the comms, Lewis made sure the gap between him and Max remained the same after he cut the corner, so he would have no lasting advantage. Once that was established, he drove off. He was ahead of Max before he was lunged at, and maintained the gap after he went off and rejoined. Objectively, no harm no foul, but apparently everyone's bias is clouding their judgment e.g. Buster actually cares what drivers do in their personal time like they are supposed to be role models or something...lol
    So zero seconds and 2 seconds are now the same. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    You think Max had to leave Lewis room on the outside?

I always like referring to this post when it comes to "the rules of racing" and my interpretation is that Lewis should have yielded to make the corner. https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2014...les-of-racing/

My view is that given Max's position Lewis should have yielded. The fact Max made the corner indicates to me he didn't carry too much speed in but I guess that's always going to be debatable.

I think one solution would be to establish the corner entry threshold through an imaginary plane between two markers to establish who has position, though it still wouldn't resolve if an attacker carried too much speed into the corner.

For example (I'm not saying this is the corner entry threshold but saying it could be an example of how the threshold could be conclusively established for the stewards):

Attachment 103262
    Personally I would say this is close enough that Max probably should've made the corner and left Hamilton room, but not a dive bomb. But the funny thing about this argument, is the people saying that Max dive bombed this corner, are the same ones saying that Silverstone was no fault of Lewis at all, despite it being a BLATANT dive bomb by Lewis. Credibility gone.

My Ride
    ute

Despite all of our differences, I'm glad that me and @Misterman can come together over racing.

Despite all of our differences, I'm glad that me and @Misterman can come together over racing.
    Don't forget separatism.

My Ride
    *The First*

Get a fuckin room and argue about who's the Power Bottom!

My Ride
    Bicycle

Page 90 of 96 FirstFirst ... 80 89 90 91 ... LastLast