Page 17 of 96 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 f1

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Should have been this one:
    Attachment 99895

I have not yelled at the screen for quite some time.
    I definitely yelled when Max blew a tire.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    the fact that perez avoided ham was pretty amazing.
    Wasn’t hard. Ham had no stopping power and was off to the runoff well before Perez turn in point.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Was this not shown on TSN? I normally have them all scheduled to record.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Great race! Loved every minute of it. Other than Max's tire failure, it was nice for a Checo P1 and Vettel P2. Ham finishing below Mazepin was icing on the cake hahaha. Not that I don't like Ham or Merc, but I think this will keep the WDC and WCC interesting in the next few races with Merc out of the points for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    Yes, I got it to record FP, Quali and the race. TSN 4 I believe.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    Bicycle

I heard it's not, a buddy asked me to share my F1TV password with him.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanEG6 View Post
    Yes, I got it to record FP, Quali and the race. TSN 4 I believe.
    hmmm.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I watched it on TSN.

My Ride
    Mazda 3

It was on a different TSN channel. One of the 4 its never been shown on previously. I think #2.
    I had to create a new recording as it wasn't scheduled.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by ????? View Post
    It was on a different TSN channel. One of the 4 its never been shown on previously. I think #2.
    I had to create a new recording as it wasn't scheduled.
    Same here.

Crazy race all around. Shame Max had that blow out, because instead of the zero net results, he would have gained in lead by 11 points (10 for lead with ham in 3rd, and 1 for fastest lap). So yes, HAM is still one of the luckiest guys around.

Also, Lewis has screwed up almost every race this year. Yet somehow SkyF1 make it seem like hes an ultragod that never screws up. What gives?

The only way this could've went better was to see Max in the points. I was amped to see Checo get his first win with RB, and Vettel on the podium with an underdog team was awesome. I think it was just last week or so that I was saying how one more bad luck weekend for Merc would make this season really exciting, and here we are already.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    Yet somehow SkyF1 make it seem like hes an ultragod that never screws up. What gives?
    Sky always sackrides the Brits.

Russell and Norris also get too much hype right now (although, to their credit, both seem to have a lot of talent and will likely end up being competitive drivers in the next few years).

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    Same here.

Crazy race all around. Shame Max had that blow out, because instead of the zero net results, he would have gained in lead by 11 points (10 for lead with ham in 3rd, and 1 for fastest lap). So yes, HAM is still one of the luckiest guys around.

Also, Lewis has screwed up almost every race this year. Yet somehow SkyF1 make it seem like hes an ultragod that never screws up. What gives?
    If Lewis was ‘lucky’ he wouldn’t have gotten the delayed pit stop by 2 seconds due to Gasly coming out on the side. Had he not been delayed by 2 seconds there, he would have likely been ahead of Max and for sure ahead of Checko when they came out of pit stops. If he was lucky, he would have been 1 and not last and get no points. Seriously, it’s all getting old calling him lucky while everyone else is talented, especially Max. It’s time to acknowledge that you need skill and a bit of luck to make it to the top in this sport there is nothing wrong with either, but saying someone is on the top and has been for almost a decade, just because of luck and no skill is quite unfair.

My Ride
    ute

I would call it luck to have been handed the best car (often not even close) for years. And then piled lucky events/full course yellows at the right time.

He's talented, maybe even the best of his era. But that argument ends short of him coming anywhere close to being GOAT.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    If Lewis was ‘lucky’ he wouldn’t have gotten the delayed pit stop by 2 seconds due to Gasly coming out on the side. Had he not been delayed by 2 seconds there, he would have likely been ahead of Max and for sure ahead of Checko when they came out of pit stops. If he was lucky, he would have been 1 and not last and get no points. Seriously, it’s all getting old calling him lucky while everyone else is talented, especially Max. It’s time to acknowledge that you need skill and a bit of luck to make it to the top in this sport there is nothing wrong with either, but saying someone is on the top and has been for almost a decade, just because of luck and no skill is quite unfair.
    This. All this.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

See Bottas, kthxbye

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

I would call it luck to have been handed the best car (often not even close) for years. And then piled lucky events/full course yellows at the right time.

He's talented, maybe even the best of his era. But that argument ends short of him coming anywhere close to being GOAT.
    Not to mention a team mate that is continuously thrown under the bus to help him out. Nothing like that slipstream in qualifying to make Lewis look good while making Bottas look bad.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

But hasn't F1 always been a meritocracy when it comes to the car itself? Shit cars don't win because they have great drivers. I feel like I've heard someone say that, maybe on Drive to Survive.

My Ride
    ute

But hasn't F1 always been a meritocracy when it comes to the car itself? Shit cars don't win because they have great drivers. I feel like I've heard someone say that, maybe on Drive to Survive.
    Those someones would be wrong.

My Ride
    This and that.

I mean the only true way to ascertain this whole GOAT thing objectively is whatever empirical evidence we have before us and all the records clearly show that Lewis is on top. Now GOAT for some people may be subjective and that's totally fine and people are free to think whoever they like is the best ever. A good car only takes you so far if you're a shit driver so to say because he had the best car this entire time and that was the only reason he won is also silly. Also, nothing has been stopping other teams to make better cars for all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    Not to mention a team mate that is continuously thrown under the bus to help him out. Nothing like that slipstream in qualifying to make Lewis look good while making Bottas look bad.
    Bottas himself said that each race they pick who goes ahead and this round it was Lewis' turn so he decided to choose to go behind him to take advantage of the slipstream. I don't see anything wrong with that. Leclerc only got pole because he got Lewis' slipstream, is there anything wrong with that? And just because of a slipstream factor one person qualifies second and the other tenth in essentially the same car speaks volumes about the skill level of each person on its own.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I mean the only true way to ascertain this whole GOAT thing objectively is whatever empirical evidence we have before us and all the records clearly show that Lewis is on top. Now GOAT for some people may be subjective and that's totally fine and people are free to think whoever they like is the best ever. A good car only takes you so far if you're a shit driver so to say because he had the best car this entire time and that was the only reason he won is also silly. Also, nothing has been stopping other teams to make better cars for all these years.

Bottas himself said that each race they pick who goes ahead and this round it was Lewis' turn so he decided to choose to go behind him to take advantage of the slipstream. I don't see anything wrong with that. Leclerc only got pole because he got Lewis' slipstream, is there anything wrong with that? And just because of a slipstream factor one person qualifies second and the other tenth in essentially the same car speaks volumes about the skill level of each person on its own.
    Lewis might be on top, but how many times has he been effectively consistently challenged? Sure we can blame the other cars for not being competitive enough. I don't think Lewis has been competitively tested enough at that level. The fact that Bottas and Lewis pick who goes ahead sums it up. They should be racing each other. As a team player (Bottas)he suits Merc. Let Lewis do this thing at the front, Bottas sweeps up from behind.
    Its been more about managing the cars as a team then racing. When looked at it like that. I think Bottas has been shit. My theory is, if Toto gets Lord Russel. It messes up the team dynamic and you end up in a situation where Lewis actually has to race and not manage the car. Lewis might make a mistake or they might crash into each other. This allows mighty Max take advantage.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    The fact that Bottas and Lewis pick who goes ahead sums it up. They should be racing each other.
    Are you talking about qualifying? Because if you are that’s all part of team strategy. You get 2 q3 runs so you take turns going first to rotate against track evolution advantage or flag disadvantage on the 2nd run. Every team does this. Do you know what happens when you race each other during qualifying? See Hungary 2007.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 17 of 96 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast