Quantcast
2021 f1 - Page 84 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 84 of 96 FirstFirst ... 74 83 84 85 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 1917

Thread: 2021 f1

https://twitter.com/MotorsportWeek/s...BLI2VpXXw&s=19
    Mercedes are currently meeting to discuss their options, which include agreeing with the outcome of the protest hearings (i.e. doing nothing) or appealing. The matter would then go before CAS (Court of Arbitration for Sport) #F1

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Shak furiously offering his legal services to Mercedes

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

F1 Fantasy League ended pretty close...

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by 2Legit2Quit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shak furiously offering his legal services to Mercedes
    Mercedes literally has the best lawyer for the job at the race. Paul Harris QC got Man City out of a one-year UEFA ban when they were dead to rights. The meme of the CEO of Man City walking in front of like 40 lawyers is the team/group representing Mercedes.

Even if Mercedes does not win, they need to push this to fix all the fucking issues with the FIA and stewarding. Lando sums it up pretty well “So it was obviously made to be a fight. It was for the TV, of course. It was for the result. Whether or not it was fair, it’s hard for me to decide." Racefans Article

FIA needs to decide if they want a sport where rules are adhered and governed to, or WWE.

My Ride
    06 S2000

I mean, I'm just a humble space chicken, but if Max didn't DNF Silverstone, he would've been up on points this season anyways. The fact that he was tied for points with that DNF says a lot to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

I cant believe people are fighting and looking for excuses to keep the SC on the track. To finish a season like that behind a safety car???

I mean wtf do we want out of F1? Do we want a race or do we want a procession?

I for one appreciate the FIA for letting them battle with no backmarkers, for a final lap showdown. Had this been any other race people would be raving about the FIA wanting to get back to racing.
    Last edited by OTown; 12-12-2021 at 03:16 PM.

My Ride
    ute

The entitlement on display by Merc and fans is exactly the reason I was cheering for Max.

It's so very on-brand for Merc, Toto and Lewis to think that the rules, the interpretation of the rules, anything related to luck....all of that should always swing in favour of Lewis at all times.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    I cant believe people are fighting and looking for excuses to keep the SC on the track. To finish a season like that behind a safety car???

I mean wtf do we want out of F1? Do we want a race or do we want a procession?

I for one appreciate the FIA for letting them battle with no backmarkers, for a final lap showdown. Had this been any other race people would be raving about the FIA wanting to get back to racing.
    You can't believe that? I think Mercedes scratches their head about why they don't deserve to have people ahead of them on track blue-flagged whether they are back markers or not.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I would have liked to see pit lane closed so a tire advantage would not decide the championship, it’s luck of the draw though. Nothing Hamilton could do, we want them to race but in a race dominated by Hamilton do we want to see it decided by the FIA and their choices. Red Bull had a huge advantage in being second and getting to do the opposite of Mercedes, being first is the worst second is the best today.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

I don't think anyone had an issue with the racing and settling it on the track - it's the amount of fuckery that Masi and co are doing to manufacture the race. If Masi doesn't pull off this 'move' then Lewis wins because Mercedes assume (like all other times, the race would end under a SC). He was well clear of Max and everyone else until the SC. Why should a team, not just Mercedes, get fucked over because they want to have a showdown to make it exciting for TV?

It's funny you talk about wanting a 'race', but all the regulations and rule updates (since the hybrid era started) have been made to make Mercedes slower because RB and the rest of the field couldn't figure out to build a faster car. You can't have it both ways. Either watch one team dominate and live with the procession or stop calling it motorsports so you can artificially create drama and apply the rules to suit your TV ratings. This is supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsports and I personally would rather see one team destroying the field than someone interfering with the race results. This is not just this race, but the entire season has had awful stewarding and race direction.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    I personally would rather see one team destroying the field

Well, to be fair, that's what we had at silverstone.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Well, to be fair, that's what we had at silverstone.
    You're the best troll! I don't even think you're a Max fan. Just someone who wants to piss off Shak!

My Ride
    ute

You're the best troll! I don't even think you're a Max fan. Just someone who wants to piss off Shak!
    I do have the advantage of being able to cheer for ABL - Anybody But Lewis, and his insufferable personal branding and general GOAT-wannabe douchebaggery.

If I had my choice of who beat Lewis this year, it would be Lando and McLaren, not RBR.

My Ride

I cant help but think that this was just like 2008 in terms of last lap drama. Latifi is the new Glock.

Also, all the anti-FIA people seem to completely forget the lap 1 incident where lewis was basically allowed to take a shortcut without any penalty.

IMO, and something that we can all agree on, is that the FIA need to have a serious sit down. They need to have a review of the rules, maybe make some new sporting rules regarding racing and passing, and get some clarity and consistency because right now FIA's decisions on a whole are just affecting race results far too often.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    Also, all the anti-FIA people seem to completely forget the lap 1 incident where lewis was basically allowed to take a shortcut without any penalty.
    But why should have there been a penalty? Max forced Lewis wide, and Lewis drove into the runoff and rejoined at the right point. If Lewis tries to make the turn, they both crash. As a Lewis hater I get that would give Max the championship. But if you heard the comms, Lewis made sure the gap between him and Max remained the same after he cut the corner, so he would have no lasting advantage. Once that was established, he drove off. He was ahead of Max before he was lunged at, and maintained the gap after he went off and rejoined. Objectively, no harm no foul, but apparently everyone's bias is clouding their judgment e.g. Buster actually cares what drivers do in their personal time like they are supposed to be role models or something...lol

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I do have the advantage of being able to cheer for ABL - Anybody But Lewis, and his insufferable personal branding and general GOAT-wannabe douchebaggery.

If I had my choice of who beat Lewis this year, it would be Lando and McLaren, not RBR.
    But I get the feeling that if the roles were switched - if Lando was leading and Hamilton was in Max's spot - that you would be screaming fucking shenanigans.

I don't think anyone had an issue with the racing and settling it on the track - it's the amount of fuckery that Masi and co are doing to manufacture the race. If Masi doesn't pull off this 'move' then Lewis wins because Mercedes assume (like all other times, the race would end under a SC). He was well clear of Max and everyone else until the SC. Why should a team, not just Mercedes, get fucked over because they want to have a showdown to make it exciting for TV?

It's funny you talk about wanting a 'race', but all the regulations and rule updates (since the hybrid era started) have been made to make Mercedes slower because RB and the rest of the field couldn't figure out to build a faster car. You can't have it both ways. Either watch one team dominate and live with the procession or stop calling it motorsports so you can artificially create drama and apply the rules to suit your TV ratings. This is supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsports and I personally would rather see one team destroying the field than someone interfering with the race results. This is not just this race, but the entire season has had awful stewarding and race direction.
    The question, I think, is why just those 5 cars? Masi didn't unlap Ricciardo and and Vettel, allowing them to impede Sainz from challenging Verstappen. And this argument can go further down the line. If the application of the existing rules (or in this case, perhaps this new rule) is for fairness, then the ruling affected them too.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    But I get the feeling that if the roles were switched - if Lando was leading and Hamilton was in Max's spot - that you would be screaming fucking shenanigans.

The question, I think, is why just those 5 cars? Masi didn't unlap Ricciardo and and Vettel, allowing them to impede Sainz from challenging Verstappen. And this argument can go further down the line. If the application of the existing rules (or in this case, perhaps this new rule) is for fairness, then the ruling affected them too.
    Exactly this.
    If you are person who likes the Sport (forget about which side you are on ) and think is this fair racing? Either you allow every one to un lap and then restart the race or you restart with out allowing any one to un lap. Making sure only those 5 cars un lap is IMO fixing the out come of the race.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

But why should have there been a penalty? Max forced Lewis wide, and Lewis drove into the runoff and rejoined at the right point. If Lewis tries to make the turn, they both crash. As a Lewis hater I get that would give Max the championship. But if you heard the comms, Lewis made sure the gap between him and Max remained the same after he cut the corner, so he would have no lasting advantage. Once that was established, he drove off. He was ahead of Max before he was lunged at, and maintained the gap after he went off and rejoined. Objectively, no harm no foul, but apparently everyone's bias is clouding their judgment e.g. Buster actually cares what drivers do in their personal time like they are supposed to be role models or something...lol
    Im no fan of Lewis but I also agree with this. At first glance it seemed Lewis should get a penalty. But on fairness Max did a Schumi chop into that turn. Lewis did well not to bite into Max's invitation to bond in a romantic racing embrace. Lewis gave that gap back. This was covered in the after race show. Two racing drivers gave their own views on it.

I'm not a fan of Lewis at all, but his driving was phenomenal and well disciplined. Merc played too cautious and cocked up. When it came down to it. Red Bull had nothing to lose by taking a risk. That they did.
    He who dares wins..

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    Yah but then Hami would have been behind Max with a "fresh" set of softs and a faster car for the restart, while Max would have been on 20 lap hards. I get why they didn't pit him though, they were worried the race would finish behind the safety car.
    He would've been behind Max in P2 with no guarantee that they'd even get a chance to race and get it back.

I've read a lot of things complimenting RBR for their strategy and willingness to "gamble" with Max's tire change on the SC, but I would argue that it's not much of a gamble when you have nothing to lose and everything to gain: He can stay out in P2 and hope he gets a chance to race HAM on his current tires; or he can pit in P2, come out in P2 and hope he gets a chance to race HAM on his newer, fresher tires.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    Exactly this.
    If you are person who likes the Sport (forget about which side you are on ) and think is this fair racing? Either you allow every one to un lap and then restart the race or you restart with out allowing any one to un lap. Making sure only those 5 cars un lap is IMO fixing the out come of the race.
    Could they just have let everyone unlap and still restarted at the same spot? Doesnt take too long for lapped cars to pass since everyone is already bunched up. I think its irrelevant. The cars were already passing in the 2nd sector... so by the time they get to the SC line, they would all be long gone.

Page 84 of 96 FirstFirst ... 74 83 84 85 94 ... LastLast