Quantcast
Tesla Crash Texas - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Tesla Crash Texas

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Butte
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Tesla Crash Texas

    Have you seen the news about the latest fatal, no-driver crash in Texas?
    Apparently there was nobody in the driver's seat of a Model S when it crashed into a tree. And two people were killed.
    Crashed into a tree!!

    Story here: CNN Texas Crash

    This driver-free car idea is getting scary.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    22,167
    Rep Power
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SingleBarrel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you seen the news about the latest fatal, no-driver crash in Texas?
    Apparently there was nobody in the driver's seat of a Model S when it crashed into a tree. And two people were killed.
    Crashed into a tree!!

    Story here: CNN Texas Crash

    This driver-free car idea is getting scary.
    Teslas are not self driving or driver free cars. Nothing scary about a car that needs a driver crashing when there’s no driver.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Capture.JPG

    The ensuing fire is scary. wouldn't want to get knocked unconscious in a wreck

    https://www.khou.com/article/news/lo...4-e39638390647
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 04-20-2021 at 07:55 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Egg Sammich
    Posts
    1,518
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Remember when YouTube was new and squids would upload footage of them cracking 300 on a bike and then they'd promptly be tracked down by the police, arrested, and then mocked by the mainstream local media?

    Now, you can create a channel of nothing but videos of you making breaded shrimp in the backseat of your Tesla while it drives you on the highway and it's socially acceptable enough that you can make money from it.

    It seems like technology is no longer a progressive force in our society.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Not Aspen
    My Ride
    Two from Freemont
    Posts
    9,354
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Capture.JPG

    The ensuing fire is scary. wouldn't want to get knocked unconscious in a wreck

    https://www.khou.com/article/news/lo...4-e39638390647
    All car fires are scary.

    https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/man-seriou...fire-1.5385414


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,400
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that a Prius?

    Maybe not the best example
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    846
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing scary about a car that needs a driver crashing when there’s no driver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,561
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Probably fucking in the back seat. Probably for an onlyfans account.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Silverado
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From my original link "normally, when the fire department arrives they have the car fire under control in minutes, but this one went on for 4 hours." Even from your link, the guy was able to escape and survive and the fire was extinguished in minutes.

    Maybe both people died on impact in the crash, but there is a solid chance they burnt to death.
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 04-20-2021 at 11:03 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    167
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Disclaimer: I do own a Tesla. I'm not a huge fan of AutoPilot and basically never use it.

    This crash basically just seems like people being idiots to me. Maybe we'll find out more in the future but hardly international news worthy IMO...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Not Aspen
    My Ride
    Two from Freemont
    Posts
    9,354
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From my original link "normally, when the fire department arrives they have the car fire under control in minutes, but this one went on for 4 hours." Even from your link, the guy was able to escape and survive and the fire was extinguished in minutes.

    Maybe both people died on impact in the crash, but there is a solid chance they burnt to death.
    Battery fires are nuts.

    The car I linked is fully engulfed.

    To your point, if you were inside unconscious, you might have burned to death. Battery powered or not. I wasn't trying to make a point of battery vs gas. The point is that any car get burn.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Calgary (currently in Houston)
    My Ride
    x5 / Mini Roadster
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably fucking in the back seat. Probably for an onlyfans account.
    59 year old Doctor and a 69 year old engineer, I doubt it. They are saying 1 was in the passenger seat and the other was in the back seat.
    Hanging out in H-Town.

    Miss the Autobahn

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,561
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    I obviously didn't read the actual article, was just making a joke.

    It does go to show how even educated people can just be fucking retarded.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    846
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J-D View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Disclaimer: I do own a Tesla. I'm not a huge fan of AutoPilot and basically never use it.

    This crash basically just seems like people being idiots to me. Maybe we'll find out more in the future but hardly international news worthy IMO...
    Agreed but we all know this will/is going viral because its a death related to Tesla and most will just spew that. They will glance over the most important part where there was no fucking driver lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    2,615
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    This is now my favorite tesla.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Calgary (currently in Houston)
    My Ride
    x5 / Mini Roadster
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I obviously didn't read the actual article, was just making a joke.

    It does go to show how even educated people can just be fucking retarded.
    It is an interesting story, if true. What the heck were they doing before the crash 'if' no one was actually driving or in the drivers seat.

    Musk has come out to say that car did not have FSD.
    Hanging out in H-Town.

    Miss the Autobahn

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Egg Sammich
    Posts
    1,518
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I obviously didn't read the actual article, was just making a joke.

    It does go to show how even educated people can just be fucking retarded.
    No shit. I can't convince an engineer/customer to stop treating me like an enemy but a car can drive an engineer around the block and convince him to let it drive him on a highway, endangering his life and the lives of everyone else around.
    Infuriating.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,555
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rc51 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    59 year old Doctor and a 69 year old engineer, I doubt it. They are saying 1 was in the passenger seat and the other was in the back seat.
    If there's a niche, someone will fill it.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    4,420
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    alcohol

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    The SHBARUS
    Posts
    2,021
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Well, it takes no skill to act stupid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tesla Megathread (was Just lost $40k USD on Tesla options)

    By RedDawn in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 297
    Latest Threads: 10-27-2015, 09:25 AM
  2. Texas Mile Lambo Crash at 200+MPH

    By CSMRX7 in forum Cars, Bikes, Machines
    Replies: 15
    Latest Threads: 10-28-2010, 10:47 AM
  3. 3 Tesla Motors Employees Dead after Plane Crash

    By scat19 in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 02-18-2010, 01:56 PM
  4. Tesla Crash

    By GTI_Fahrenheit in forum Street Encounters
    Replies: 5
    Latest Threads: 08-01-2008, 09:04 AM
  5. before crash, after crash

    By Neons4life in forum Bike Talk
    Replies: 28
    Latest Threads: 03-13-2004, 02:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •