Quantcast
Am I crazy or is this the worst time ever to buy a vehicle? - Page 119 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 119 of 125 FirstFirst ... 109 118 119 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 2493

Thread: Am I crazy or is this the worst time ever to buy a vehicle?

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You sir are a genius. Almost becomes a win win situation
    You might need end up in a bidding war with me, then we both lose haha

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by haggis88 View Post
    You might need end up in a bidding war with me, then we both lose haha
    can't you just be friends in the trailer together?
    if not you could just do that thing around here that's always suggested with dads...

Mobile Art Room ?
    2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited

My Ride
    Silverado

Prices seem to be coming down.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    can't you just be friends in the trailer together?
    if not you could just do that thing around here that's always suggested with dads...
    This depends entirely on if he is an Xbox or PlayStation guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Haven’t seen one of these in a while… more so curious as to what financial institution took this as collateral on a loan though (shows as repo)

https://regalauctions.com/inventory....o6aU08vMXCWiTS
    Fuck it was tempting as fuck to bid on that, thought it'll go 6-8. so it did land around there, ended at 7700 i was told, not sure if it sold .... I'd likely push it higher myself lol

I've been trying to buy a new car for like 3 years... such a PITA to get a new car these days.

I put my name down at a Honda dealership for a new Type-R the spring before all the hype started up about it. First in line, lots of communication with my sales guy. I even brought him an x-mas card as thanks for helping me navigate the pre-sale route. Next spring when they found out they would only be getting 1 car... they ghosted me

I also tried to get on the list for a Corolla GR and the manual Supra. In both of those cases I was asked to put down a deposit while being hopelessly waitlisted.

More recently I put down a deposit on a Bronco Heritage edition, 2 door with a manual. The dealer couldn't get the order to go through initially, and finally this summer when the 2024 order banks opened up, it was still restricted. I ended up just taking my deposit back.

After that I started looking for cars on the lot instead. I used the dealer website to setup alerts for vehicles that matched the trim and options I was looking for. A few weeks later one popped up that I think somebody custom ordered for a bit below the MSRP.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    I've been trying to buy a new car for like 3 years... such a PITA to get a new car these days.

I put my name down at a Honda dealership for a new Type-R the spring before all the hype started up about it. First in line, lots of communication with my sales guy. I even brought him an x-mas card as thanks for helping me navigate the pre-sale route. Next spring when they found out they would only be getting 1 car... they ghosted me

I also tried to get on the list for a Corolla GR and the manual Supra. In both of those cases I was asked to put down a deposit while being hopelessly waitlisted.

More recently I put down a deposit on a Bronco Heritage edition, 2 door with a manual. The dealer couldn't get the order to go through initially, and finally this summer when the 2024 order banks opened up, it was still restricted. I ended up just taking my deposit back.

After that I started looking for cars on the lot instead. I used the dealer website to setup alerts for vehicles that matched the trim and options I was looking for. A few weeks later one popped up that I think somebody custom ordered for a bit below the MSRP.
    Holy shit you're alive

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post
    You know our perceptions of value have been skewed when a 10 year old SUV with 150k on it, "doesn't seem terrible" at ~50% of MSRP
    gotta adjust for inflation.

That's WAY less than 50% of MSRP

My Ride
    NC1

You going for the cool cars haha
    All those are $$$ market price adjustment haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Go and re-fill all your old comments and posts now

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Holy shit you're alive
    Barely, haha

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    You going for the cool cars haha
    All those are $$$ market price adjustment haha
    I know you can get them as "used" with a few hundred km on them, but I just couldn't bring myself to pay the marked up price.

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    Go and re-fill all your old comments and posts now
    Might take me a while

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Might be worth shopping via smaller city dealers. I ended up going to Kamloops to buy mine as Calgary was a bunch of fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Might be worth shopping via smaller city dealers. I ended up going to Kamloops to buy mine as Calgary was a bunch of fucks.
    I think there is higher availability of a lot of these cars this fall, I've been seeing lower markups lately too

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

I know you can get them as "used" with a few hundred km on them, but I just couldn't bring myself to pay the marked up price.
    That's your problem, all the cars you listed are "limited" production (demand>supply) and you likely only wants to pay MSRP, so why would anyone sell to you?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

The tides are turning on vehicles for the masses but anything special, low production etc aren’t seeing much change. I have seen all the greedy fuckers with their “used” Corolla GRs sit on them forever thankfully.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

We gotta realize we aren't special. That'll help.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    That's your problem, all the cars you listed are "limited" production (demand>supply) and you likely only wants to pay MSRP, so why would anyone sell to you?
    I agree, while I don't mind waiting for a new order to get exactly what I want and pay MSRP, it really isn't like it used to be anymore.

In the end I had to change strategies and wait for an available car in the colour and trim I wanted to pop up. Seems like the way of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    The tides are turning on vehicles for the masses but anything special, low production etc aren’t seeing much change. I have seen all the greedy fuckers with their “used” Corolla GRs sit on them forever thankfully.
    I started seeing MSRP manual Supra's pop up here and there. I don't know how long the Corolla GR's can hang onto their premium

They are kind of economical feeling inside too, hard to justify the price when you look at other cars in that range
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 10-26-2023 at 11:13 AM.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    We gotta realize we aren't special. That'll help.
    Haha first session of therapy
    You aren’t special
    You don’t know everything

Okay now we begin haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    The s in msrp is suggested
    So exactly
    Haha it’s like real estate prices
    Supply demand
    Don’t be poor
    Except there’s way more people with money now vs before so dang it haha doubt there be any fire specials like old times
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    The s in msrp is suggested
    So exactly
    Haha it’s like real estate prices
    Supply demand
    Don’t be poor
    Except there’s way more people with money now vs before so dang it haha doubt there be any fire specials like old times
    There are always deals, just have to be more patient and diligent than the next guy!

Well... not on Type-R's or Corolla GR's though. haha

Page 119 of 125 FirstFirst ... 109 118 119 120 ... LastLast