Quantcast
lets talk 3 bean salad recipes because my doctor is an ass - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: lets talk 3 bean salad recipes because my doctor is an ass

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

My only tip, since I'm a noob at this, is that if you want to lose weight, track every calorie. Every single calorie, no matter what fad diet or "nutrition program" or "lifestyle change" you make. Tracking calories leads to weight loss.

Being stronger and more fit also sounds good, and is a complementary, but separate, goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post

In terms of workouts I like cycling but it consumes more time than calories. Have to ride an hour or two to get a good work out in unless you're doing intervals or a spin class. Fastest way to burn calories is running intervals. Its really good way to increase endurance and cardio too.
    Can't you try biking harder? Or is this at a leisurely pace?

As long as you're eating correctly and your calorie intake isn't out of control, any amount of exercise should amount to some weight loss. Personally, I've found that as long as I keep my calorie intake to around 1,800 calories and then fit in a workout that burns an additional 200 (any number of ways: jump rope, boxing circuits, basketball, whatever), then I'm running at a pretty decent calorie deficit.

I find it harder to eat well after the intense workouts that burn like 700+ calories/hr. That's when I find that I'm trying to eat whatever I can get my hands on or risk stalling my metabolism.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Being stronger and more fit also sounds good, and is a complementary, but separate, goal.
    Personally I don't think one goes without the other, at least not in a lasting/healthy way.

On topic, @ThePenIsMightier you must be talking of the delightful Paisley Farms bean salad from Costco. Fantastic and full of sugar!
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 05-18-2021 at 10:21 AM. Reason: mentioned the wrong dick my mistake
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    ute

I'd rather be a fatty than one of those rail thin runner types. Fuck that noise. Or worse, wearing spandex on a bike. Or DOUBLE worse, wearing spandex on a mountain bike.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I think it’s funny when bikers throw shade at other kinds of bikers.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Personally I don't think one goes without the other, at least not in a lasting/healthy way.
    Setting clear goals is important. If it's just weight loss, like literally just weight loss, then exercise is the least important part of the process.

Now, what the "best" goals should be for each individual are not somethin I'm qualified to speculate on.

OP mentioned being a fatty and talked about nutrition options. I think there's a lot of gains to be made focusing in on that alone before getting more complex by adding secondary goals.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I just can't get behind the vernacular of the youth of today. In my day shade was thrown from trees, tall buildings and fat people ahead of me in line at the ice cream truck.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    ute

I cannot be easily categorized.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I cannot be easily categorized.
    That's what all the snowflakes think honey.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    That's what all the snowflakes think honey.
    Technically the snowflakes would be correct.

I am zero help for the cholesterol thing... but this is the most delish bean recipe I've ever had. I make extra and turn it into a dip for veggies. https://food52.com/recipes/82876-whi...termilk-recipe

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Eat less. Buy a food scale. Weigh your food, or look at the nutrition facts.

Eating out can be tough. A burger and fries can be anywhere from 1000-3000 calories.

Dunno how tall you are, but at 1500 cals/day I lose around 1kg/week. 1800 is maintenance for me. I'm 5'11 and Asian, the latter part means I have to eat less (yes, whiteys can eat a bit more).

Use MyFitnessPal to log your calories and activities. Use a HRM to track your physical activity. Walking consumes very few calories BTW.

I lost over 50 lbs doing this, and I'm so freaking fit now that I got a discount on my life insurance because my blood work and BP were excellent.

You will have to budget your calories. Want something sweet? Okay, that's 200 cals off or you're gonna have to run for 20 mins.

Everyday you must eat fruit, veggies and get your fiber. Oatmeal, watermelon, oranges, apples, etc are your friends. We're old so you gotta have the fiber. Shredded Wheat, whole grain bread.
    I've been restricting my calories since May 16th. I'm targeting 1800 but actually coming in closer to 1500 most days. Activity level is up. Both are at perfectly sustainable levels. I'm enjoying the food quantity actually.

Down about 7 lbs

My Ride
    Family Hauler

A pretty solid diet IMO for weight loss is Paul Saladinos modified carnivore. Now dont jump down my throat yet - You still eat things like berries, avacados, honey, squash, olives, cucumbers etc, but get lots of calories from meats and organ meats.

George St. Pierre is actually doing it right now and reporting how he feels on his instagram, he's down a few lbs and says he feels great - And he's maybe 12% BF to begin with.

Dont believe all the cholesterol BS... unless your triglycerides are off the fucking chart or you have a family history of heart problems I wouldn't worry about it - many peoples cholesterol is set by their body.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    A pretty solid diet IMO for weight loss is Paul Saladinos modified carnivore. Now dont jump down my throat yet - You still eat things like berries, avacados, honey, squash, olives, cucumbers etc, but get lots of calories from meats and organ meats.

George St. Pierre is actually doing it right now and reporting how he feels on his instagram, he's down a few lbs and says he feels great - And he's maybe 12% BF to begin with.

Dont believe all the cholesterol BS... unless your triglycerides are off the fucking chart or you have a family history of heart problems I wouldn't worry about it - many peoples cholesterol is set by their body.
    If my cholesterol goes down I think I'll view that as a bonus. My primary goals are to get more fit and feel better.

My Ride
    TypeR

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post

These diets definitely work really well especially if you eat like crap, only downside they are super hard to sustain. That is a huge lifestyle shift for most people. I think trying something like this is great to experience if you are already on a nutrition plan long term like GSP. IMO macros and flexible dieting will always be king especially for general population.

Good Cholesterol can still be bad if you over consume it. I personally experienced this eating fairly healthy going from 163-227 over 9 years while training consistently. 5 months ago I got a blood test after not getting one for about three years and my non hdl and ldl was super high. Fast forward 5 months and a diet shift my LDL and non HDL numbers are down over 20%.

I use to rely heavily on red meat, shell fish and eggs (3-5 a day) for my protein sources. Throw in the odd fast food and you would be surprised how fast things add up. Saturated fat and Trans fat are in everything. If you set limits for these numbers for your regular eating and give yourself some good cheat meals 1-2x a week for sanity, you can easily lower it without meds.
    Last edited by scboss; 05-26-2021 at 01:17 AM.
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Eat more ginger

Double if your wife’s a redhead

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Manhattan was on to something re: Intermittent Fasting as it's excellent for a variety of health issues, including weight loss.

If you like the beers, check out 0.0% options - there are actually some decent ones available now.

HIIT is also great. Check out Shaun T's Insanity Workouts - perhaps a little old but they're great. I'm sure you can find similar on YouTube as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    Can't you try biking harder? Or is this at a leisurely pace?
    Cycling is a very time consuming sport. I'd liken it to long distance running. There's not many big hill climbs around the city and its not very feasible to do intense intervals on rides around town because you'll either be going way too fast for the pathways or sharing the road with cars. Spin classes or stationary bikes are great for quick intense workouts which is the idea behind Peloton but its a totally difference experience. I find cycling to be meditative so if I'm out on a ride I like to go for at least an hour. The really enjoyable rides are much longer.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    Cycling is a very time consuming sport. I'd liken it to long distance running. There's not many big hill climbs around the city and its not very feasible to do intense intervals on rides around town because you'll either be going way too fast for the pathways or sharing the road with cars. Spin classes or stationary bikes are great for quick intense workouts which is the idea behind Peloton but its a totally difference experience. I find cycling to be meditative so if I'm out on a ride I like to go for at least an hour. The really enjoyable rides are much longer.
    Fair. Cycling in the city can be pretty hard to do.

From my personal experience: my boxing training basically has me doing 30-minute runs and that's the extent of any roadwork I do. The time limit doesn't change, but the pace (and distance) is the progression I'm aiming to achieve. Also 30 minutes is also about as long as I can focus because running is boring to me. Of course, I have to pay close attention to my running route. Stopping at every single red light downtown like I did yesterday really fucks up any momentum from running.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is h20 intake. Every time I've done a cut cycle increasing water intake has been critical to maintaining fat/weight loss (sometimes I had to drink distilled water, but regular water has also worked fine for me for regular weight loss). Buster, make sure you're piling in plenty of water while you've cut your caloric intake to 1800-1500. It'll make a big difference, especially in consistent loss IMO, it always has for me anyway.

My experience has been similar to what JRSCOOLUDE has advised - strength/weight training is as important as cardio, maintain a healthy diet at the caloric intake your body needs to lose weight at the rate that you want, track those calories every day, weight yourself every day/morning, and just keep at it.

I'm 47 now, and I can't believe how much more quickly I lose both cardio and strength capability than 10-15 years ago in the prime of my body building/lifting/etc age. Last week I went for a run and pulled up almost lame after about 1/10 of what I used to be able to do pre covid. WTF, whose lungs are these??!! Thought I was going to die. Strength is even worse now post covid, my joints are even more swollen and messed up due to SLE, even strapping my hands up every exercise felt like trying to move a ton of bricks. Diet has always been the easy part for me, and still will be based on recent results...
    Last edited by Gman.45; 05-26-2021 at 02:46 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast