Quantcast
Official 2021/22 NHL Thread - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2021/22 NHL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can't unrape someone, but you sure as shit can let them know they didn't need to be raped by coercion.
    What is the way one “needs” to get raped if not by coercion?

Between this and suggesting that a rape victim ‘had the chance to say no’ is some pretty concerning stuff about not understanding the basic concept of what rape is.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    What is the way one “needs” to get raped if not by coercion?

Between this and suggesting that a rape victim ‘had the chance to say no’ is some pretty concerning stuff about not understanding the basic concept of what rape is.
    There are different ways to rape someone. Duh.

There are different ways to rape someone. Duh.
    And those are the ways you’re suggesting the rape victim needs to be raped instead in the future?

Gotcha. Beach will remember that for next time. Sounds like quite the empowering choice you’re giving them.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    If you were a grown-ass man like Kyle Beach, would you have had trouble turning down a blowjob from a creepy, massage trainer? (Or whatever the gross details of the alleged offense are).

I have lots of empathy for his anguish if it's about the Blackhawks not taking his claims seriously. Lots.
    I just have trouble picturing the difficulty in turning down unwanted sexual attention from someone who's not exactly running the corporate office. Someone who's about half a step ahead of the Towel Boy.

*And in case this seems overly insensitive... I've literally turned down an unwanted creepy advance from someone in sports. *When I was a grown-ass man. Kids are obviously a different story.
    Probably should just take a minute or two and read a story about it. Its pretty fucked up.

The kid was threatened by the video coach who would have an impact on his opportunity to play.

My Ride
    ute

And those are the ways you’re suggesting the rape victim needs to be raped instead in the future?

Gotcha. Beach will remember that for next time. Sounds like quite the empowering choice you’re giving them.
    You should figure out how to lose arguments with grace. You certainly have enough practice.

As you stated, some people had "choices" which could have allowed them to avoid the rape. People will have those choices in the future to avoid future rapes. Some people don't have that opportunity.

As you stated, some people had "choices" which could have allowed them to avoid the rape.
    As I stated they need to know they have it. They need to know it's real. The situations these players have found themselves in robbed them of choice. That's the point.

You don't have a choice if you don't know one exists.

Follow yet?

People will have those choices in the future to avoid future rapes. Some people don't have that opportunity.
    So after you tell people they don't need to be raped by coercion (but the need to be raped in other ways is apparently still on the table) how does that give them the opportunity in the future?

My Ride
    ute

As I stated they need to know they have it. They need to know it's real. The situations these players have found themselves in robbed them of choice. That's the point.

You don't have a choice if you don't know one exists.

Follow yet?

So after you tell people they don't need to be raped by coercion (but the need to be raped in other ways is apparently still on the table) how does that give them the opportunity in the future?

When you tell someone what their choices are to avoid getting raped, people scream "victim blaming!". You did it in this very thread.

You're arguing against yourself. Again.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    Probably should just take a minute or two and read a story about it. Its pretty fucked up.

The kid was threatened by the video coach who would have an impact on his opportunity to play.
    Of course it's fucked up. Of course the video coach is bad. I hope someone rapes the video coach, to death.

When I used to work in a warehouse, I was a seasonal worker who sometimes drove a delivery van and sometimes did the crappy jobs no one else wanted to do in the warehouse. I was the lowest guy on the totem pole by a country mile, but I wanted to earn my spot so they wouldn't lay me off as early. And it worked because I did a pretty good job.
    There was the Owner > the Manager > warehouse Manager > sales people > warehouse guys > trucker > me. One day, the warehouse guys, the manager and a few sales people were eating in the lunch room with me. I heard the overhead speaker say "Greg - line 1 please. Greg, line 1" and I mentioned it to the sales guy that he should answer the phone if he didn't hear the announcement. The manager laughed and said "that's not Greg, that's Dave. Greg's the Owner. You haven't been blowing this guy, have you?! Jesus, Dave! Have you been tricking this kid into blowing you?!?"

That guy understood.

When you tell someone what their choices are to avoid getting raped, people scream "victim blaming!". You did it in this very thread.

You're arguing against yourself. Again.
    Telling people there are choices to be made to avoid getting raped but not actually explaining what those choices are is just shitty advice. When you tell someone who was raped that it was their choices that caused them to be raped, that is victim blaming.

Telling somebody to look both ways before crossing the street is good health and safety advice. Telling somebody who walked across the street, and was run down by a driver looking to hit a vulnerable pedestrian that not looking both ways before crossing the street is what let the driver run them down. That is also victim blaming. Especially when the pedestrian did look both ways, it's the driver that made the choice to hit them.

Can you spot the difference?

My Ride
    ute

Telling people there are choices to be made to avoid getting raped but not actually explaining what those choices are is just shitty advice. When you tell someone who was raped that it was their choices that caused them to be raped, that is victim blaming.

Telling somebody to look both ways before crossing the street is good health and safety advice. Telling somebody who walked across the street, and was run down by a driver looking to hit a vulnerable pedestrian that not looking both ways before crossing the street is what let the driver run them down. That is also victim blaming. Especially when the pedestrian did look both ways, it's the driver that made the choice to hit them.

Can you spot the difference?
    You're being too loose with the word "cause". This is where you are missing the point.

You're being too loose with the word "cause". This is where you are missing the point.
    I can’t change the definition of ‘cause’ for you. Sorry.

My Ride
    ute

I can’t change the definition of ‘cause’ for you. Sorry.
    You have misdiagnosed your issue.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    This severely punishes Florida for something Chicago did 11 years ago. 7-0 to start? I'm very very uncomfortable with that disruption to Florida and I fuckin hate Florida. There better be A LOT of blood on Joel's hands to be (clearly forced) to resign.
    Oh, and guess what's happening to Winnipeg tomorrow? They get to lose their GM. Guaranteed. He better have his hands soaked in blood, too.

I want the offenders to pay. But I don't want a patsy to take the fall to appease some woke losers. That just sweeps more of this shit under the rug and perpetuates the cycle.

My Ride
    ute

I presume they resigned so they didn't have to reveal their part

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This severely punishes Florida for something Chicago did 11 years ago. 7-0 to start? I'm very very uncomfortable with that disruption to Florida and I fuckin hate Florida. There better be A LOT of blood on Joel's hands to be (clearly forced) to resign.
    Oh, and guess what's happening to Winnipeg tomorrow? They get to lose their GM. Guaranteed. He better have his hands soaked in blood, too.

I want the offenders to pay. But I don't want a patsy to take the fall to appease some woke losers. That just sweeps more of this shit under the rug and perpetuates the cycle.
    Have you seriously not read WHY these people are losing their jobs?

Coles notes- the leadership team had a meeting as Beach brought it to their attention, they decided to do nothing to act on it as they didn't want the "distraction" to ruin their chances of winning the Stanley Cup.

Rapist then sexually assaulted a junior staff member (intern?) at the Stanley Cup celebration.

He was asked to resign from the team later that summer after he was given a severance, Stanley Cup ring and his day with the cup.

If you don't see how fucked up that is then I have no idea what to tell you.

My Ride
    *The First*

Dear Philly,
    WtFBBQ your jerseys are the worst. The Midget-B name bars have been unacceptable for years. Now I'm able to look away from that long enough to notice your sleeve numbers are white and your main numbers orange?
    Why can't your plane just crash? When were you ever an honorable team? Because I know it's been fully 50 years.

Get some CooperAlls back on to match your trash jerseys.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post

Coles notes- the leadership team had a meeting as Beach brought it to their attention, they decided to do nothing to act on it as they didn't want the "distraction" to ruin their chances of winning the Stanley Cup.

Rapist then sexually assaulted a junior staff member (intern?) at the Stanley Cup celebration.

He was asked to resign from the team later that summer after he was given a severance, Stanley Cup ring and his day with the cup.

Why can't they just come out and say "We fucked up, we deserve to be fired" instead of all of this nonsense about educating themselves, blah blah blah

Why can't they just come out and say "We fucked up, we deserve to be fired" instead of all of this nonsense about educating themselves, blah blah blah
    Agree with you there.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post

It's the grossest thing in the world. If and only if they are certain Joel and Cheveldayoff have blood on their hands.

We want the same thing. We want the offenders eliminated. But picking arbitrary Blackhawks personnel to take the fall without due process is just letting the real perverts stay hidden in the shadows while the witch hunt gets their blood and fools everyone into thinking the problem is purged. When it's not.

If you can't see that...

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast