Quantcast
2022 f1 - Page 19 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 19 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 f1

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He’s been good this year, mostly because racing rules have been clarified. Or maybe it’s still early in the year. I’d hate to see him go back to his old overtaking maneuvers, because the Red Bull whining would be unbearable once they get a penalty.
    I think Max was mostly aggressive with Hamilton. So it makes sense that he's leaving a better impression this year, since Lew Lew is never on the same lap as Max.

Leclerc is fun.

Max is still stupid.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Lol you know Max has gotten under certain people's skin when they revert to schoolyard tactics of calling someone ugly just because they are successful.

Go do something else and enjoy your lives.

I, for the record, think it was real classy of Charles to commend Max over the radio after the race. Max v Charles respect each other, nice fair battles, and good sports about it. Its a nice change from the toxic and divisive stuff we saw with Lewis v Max.

My Ride
    This and that.

It’s no different than sour Max fans saying only reason Ham has won so many times is because he’s had the best car the whole time, and now that he’s not doing well it’s because he is a shitty driver and it has nothing to do with his car. You can’t have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    The Ham hate is so strong here
    correct. Fuck that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    It’s pretty rare for someone that rich to have that ugly a face.

Presumable there is something able to be done about it…
    You would think. Vettel got his hair back. Apparently Max is on track to become a billionaire, but even Billionaire Bezos couldn't fix that googly eye of his.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    He’s been good this year, mostly because racing rules have been clarified. Or maybe it’s still early in the year. I’d hate to see him go back to his old overtaking maneuvers, because the Red Bull whining would be unbearable once they get a penalty.
    I've been enjoying the respectable racing between Leclerc and Max thus far. Without shady ass Hamilton up there wiping people out for a win, thing's should be nice clean racing this year.

It’s no different than sour Max fans saying only reason Ham has won so many times is because he’s had the best car the whole time, and now that he’s not doing well it’s because he is a shitty driver and it has nothing to do with his car. You can’t have it both ways.
    Uh no, that's pretty consistent to say he was winning because of his car, and now that he doesn't have a miles better car he isn't winning.

As far as Jeddah goes..................... Damn that was some piss poor luck for Checo, would've liked to see him take a win. Mclaren in the points!! Things are perhaps looking a little more positive for them. Fair finish for Russel, I hope he stays consistent this year. With any luck Lewis will tuck tail for 2023 season and I will be a full on Merc fan. I wonder who they would pick up to replace Lewis?

My Ride
    This and that.

By Imola we will know where the teams will stand for the most part and if Merc is gonna be in the running this season or not. It’s not looking good but there’s still time and ultimately the GOAT and 8 consecutive constructors are on the same side so if anyone can pull it off, it’s them. In the meanwhile we will see what Max and RBR’s luck and constant whining can get them at the end of the day. I just feel bad for Checo from that whole camp, sucks that he got stuck with a bunch of douche’s RBR/Max are. Even if Merc/McLaren can’t put a fight to RBR this season, I’d much rather see Ferrari and Leclerc take it over those douche canoes. Vettel and Riciardo were the best things to happen to those clowns and they couldn’t even hold on to them.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 03-28-2022 at 12:00 AM.

My Ride

Calling him ugly is the same as his car being superior than everyone else? I don't get your logic here.

Anyone who thinks Lewis would have gotten 6 of his championships with another car than Merc are delusional. Max or Charles, in that position, could have been equally successful given the dominance of that car.

My Ride
    This and that.

Well Max does have that car now so we will see if he can become a champion for 5 consecutive years. There was nothing stopping the other teams to put up a fight for all those years, just as nothing will stop teams other than RBR to try and compete now and moving forwards.

Above people are saying it’s the driver and manufacturer together that make the car what it is and using that argument to say Lewis is shit that’s why he sucked in Jeddah, but then when he was able to do it pull it off for 7 yrs in a row, it had nothing to do with him and it was just the car, or he was lucky, or flunking it the entire time. Come on.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 03-28-2022 at 12:08 AM.

My Ride

Well Max does have that car now so we will see if he can convert it for 5 consecutive years. There was nothing stopping the other teams other than Merc to put up a fight for all those years, just as nothing will stop teams other than RBR to try and compete.
    Other than the immense 500 million budget they had and engineering talent that they bought with it? The millions upon millions in winnings year after year that they could then put on the cars? The non-stop wind tunnel development? Oh yes, nothing stopping anyone else from getting at them! /scarcasm

Also, I know its early, but compared to other years RB and Ferrari seem neck and neck. So its much more of a toss up than the mercedes qualify 1-2, start and leave the rest of the field behind, boring processions we got used to.

Out of curiosity, when did you start watching F1?

My Ride
    *The First*

Well Max does have that car now so we will see if he can become a champion for 5 consecutive years. There was nothing stopping the other teams to put up a fight for all those years, just as nothing will stop teams other than RBR to try and compete now and moving forwards.

Above people are saying it’s the driver and manufacturer together that make the car what it is and using that argument to say Lewis is shit that’s why he sucked in Jeddah, but then when he was able to do it pull it off for 7 yrs in a row, it had nothing to do with him and it was just the car, or he was lucky, or flunking it the entire time. Come on.
    I'm not sure how many races last year did Ferrari place two in the top of five. I'm guessing it was all of them. No? Maybe closer to zero?...
    Oh... Well I guess it's as if this season isn't the same because it appears that Ferrari is "choosing" to place a couple of their drivers in the top 5 (3) so far. So obviously this should have no effect on Hamilton because there's no changes and he should be able to virtue signal his way through.

My Ride
    ute

By Imola we will know where the teams will stand for the most part and if Merc is gonna be in the running this season or not. It’s not looking good but there’s still time and ultimately the GOAT and 8 consecutive constructors are on the same side so if anyone can pull it off, it’s them. In the meanwhile we will see what Max and RBR’s luck and constant whining can get them at the end of the day. I just feel bad for Checo from that whole camp, sucks that he got stuck with a bunch of douche’s RBR/Max are. Even if Merc/McLaren can’t put a fight to RBR this season, I’d much rather see Ferrari and Leclerc take it over those douche canoes. Vettel and Riciardo were the best things to happen to those clowns and they couldn’t even hold on to them.
    By Merc, do you mean Russell or Hamilton?

Russell might be doing well, but so far it hasn't looked for for GCOAT

What? Not sure if you have watched the first 2 races so far? But the competition between constructors is very tight this year. RBR certainly does not have a run away car this season.

If you'd stop making up arguments it might be easier to participate in the discussion. Does Lewis suck? As a person, yes. As a driver? Who ever said he is a bad driver? He is certainly a top level driver, but calling him the GOAT for winning in that ridiculously dominant Merc car is disingenuous when Max, Vettel, Leclerc, Lando, etc all could have accomplished the same thing in that car.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    Lol you know Max has gotten under certain people's skin when they revert to schoolyard tactics of calling someone ugly just because they are successful.

Go do something else and enjoy your lives.

I, for the record, think it was real classy of Charles to commend Max over the radio after the race. Max v Charles respect each other, nice fair battles, and good sports about it. Its a nice change from the toxic and divisive stuff we saw with Lewis v Max.
    The guy is ugly because he’s ugly.

And too successful to still be that ugly.

It’s pretty fortuitous he wears a helmet for a living.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Holy fuck Shak is getting annhiliated in this thread. Glad he bought himself a new car and watch to calm himself down. I think buying regular commuter cars for him is like the equivalent of jerking off for some. Calms him down for a day or two, get some pent up energy out

Question unrelated to the weekends race - Did they ever figure out what Ferrari did to their engines in 2020 and what the FIA made them un-do? Couldn't find anything online... maybe we'll never know.

My Ride
    Exploded.

GR doing relatively okay is nice to see

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    Holy fuck Shak is getting annhiliated in this thread. Glad he bought himself a new car and watch to calm himself down. I think buying regular commuter cars for him is like the equivalent of jerking off for some. Calms him down for a day or two, get some pent up energy out

Question unrelated to the weekends race - Did they ever figure out what Ferrari did to their engines in 2020 and what the FIA made them un-do? Couldn't find anything online... maybe we'll never know.
    https://inews.co.uk/sport/formula-on...plained-627212

The key moment had come at the US Grand Prix last year. A technical directive was issued by the FIA outlawing certain settings related to fuel flow, which is strictly regulated. Ferrari’s rivals maintained that the team had designed a system to hold the fuel in the car in a different way, thus hoodwinking the sensor into registering the correct numbers.

The team adamantly denied that this directive was the reason behind a sudden drop in straight-line speed but team boss Mattia Binotto insisted it was down to some experimental settings, “a trade-off between grip limit and power limit has been moved this weekend, as a test on our side, to try to match [Mercedes’] cornering”.

However, the rest of the season saw Ferrari continue to “experiment” on set-up, reaffirming those suspicions. The FIA did eventually admit to concluding an analysis of the engine and “reached a settlement” with Ferrari. Amazingly, they said they would be keeping the results of it secret and released a vague statement about Ferrari agreeing “to a number of technical commitments that will improve the monitoring of all Formula 1 power units”. Essentially, a community service sentence.
    Seems like they were gaming the sensor to use up more fuel than they were allowed to and then got caught. At least thats my vague understanding.

My Ride
    This and that.

'annihilated'

But you're right about the buying car/jerking off rush.

All the Max fans' mannerisms and hate on Lewis for unrelated reasons just further solidify my dislike towards Max/RBR/Horner and the entire culture. At the end of the day, I don't care who you like, I know I am not going to convince anyone to start liking Lewis if they have hatred towards him, just the same way nobody is ever going to convince me to not think that Max and the team are a bunch of douche canoes and just because you're willing to dive into every corner to do the overtake without caring about the safety aspect of the move, doesn't make you a good driver.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 03-28-2022 at 10:36 AM.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I started skimming the comments as soon as I started to see they were devolving into mostly insults (though they've all been kinda funny).

Some of the pods I've listened to have talked about how overpowering the DRS is, which led to some shenanigans like Leclerc and Verstappen heading into that final straight, which was also the same location as the Verstappen-Hamilton brake-check incident.

Do you think there's any validity to the argument that DRS has made passing TOO easy now, and that there is more appeal in watching cars work for a pass that will stick, than watching cars swap leads every other DRS zone?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    ute

'annihilated'

But you're right about the buying car/jerking off rush.

All the Max fans' mannerisms and hate on Lewis for unrelated reasons just further solidify my dislike towards Max/RBR/Horner and the entire culture. At the end of the day, I don't care who you like, I know I am not going to convince anyone to start liking Lewis if they have hatred towards him, just the same way nobody is ever going to convince me to not think that Max and the team are a bunch of douche canoes and just because you're willing to dive into every corner to do the overtake without caring about the safety aspect of the move, doesn't make you a good driver.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    I started skimming the comments as soon as I started to see they were devolving into mostly insults (though they've all been kinda funny).

Some of the pods I've listened to have talked about how overpowering the DRS is, which led to some shenanigans like Leclerc and Verstappen heading into that final straight, which was also the same location as the Verstappen-Hamilton brake-check incident.

Do you think there's any validity to the argument that DRS has made passing TOO easy now, and that there is more appeal in watching cars work for a pass that will stick, than watching cars swap leads every other DRS zone?
    DRS is a very imperfect solution

My Ride
    This and that.

That was actually one good thing that came out of the whole thing but too bad Max still didn't learn his lesson and kept acting in the exact same way for rest of the season. Thankfully he wasn't seriously injured though, he's lucky that safety is now what it is.

Page 19 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 29 ... LastLast