Putin vs Ukraine. - Page 68 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 68 of 138 FirstFirst ... 58 67 68 69 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2745

Thread: Putin vs Ukraine.

My Ride
    BTR-60

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fact that Putin has managed to make Ukraine the "good guys" says more about Putin than it does about The Ukraine.
    If he thinks regular Ukrainian politicians are corrupt, he should see the homes their pro-Russian counterparts live in. It would make Gaddafi blush.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    Cant beleive the ukr hit that russian landing ship in berdyansk. Thats a major win for ukr. Will be interesting to see what took it out. Must be pretty easy to know the specific coords of your own facilities so when rt shows the ship unloading at the port, can dial up a missile with pretty precise targeting

Ok update, ukr claiming that bayrakter drone took it out. Seems pretty noob to park your ship there and not have sorties flying air dominance in the immediate vicinity.
    i dont think the russians have put much air power over ukraine.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

So you are just making excuses why it's ok to openly support and arm Nazis, and ban parties and shut down news organizations.
    Don't put words in my mouth to try to fit your narrative.

I already admitted they have a problem with some people following Nazi ideologies. Nor did I ever say those individuals should be armed - although AZOV appears to be doing quite well against the Russian invasion, so for now, they seem to be serving a reasonable purpose regardless of their affiliation. Quite the contrary: When this is all over, Ukraine would be well served doing what they can to oppose such ideologies and putting more laws in place to make that happen.

But, once again, I have to stress the point you keep missing which is that problem or not, it's NOT an excuse to invade a country. Even AZOV has not operated in Russia and are essentially zero threat to Russia. It's a moot point. It's like saying that America has a racism problem, so they should be invaded. It's a ridiculous stance that makes it obvious how dark your blinders are.

My Ride
    Bicycle

But you would think they have some sort of ground/sea defense against drones as Ukraine has used these in Donbas for years now.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

This is assuming that their fighters and bombers are actually serviceable. Judging the condition of their tanks and trucks, I have little faith their aircraft are airworthy. Maintaining fighters and bombers is an incredible expense.

My Ride
    something green

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    This is assuming that their fighters and bombers are actually serviceable. Judging the condition of their tanks and trucks, I have little faith their aircraft are airworthy. Maintaining fighters and bombers is an incredible expense.
    There is something odd about the Russians not using the air as much as they could judging from their armament on paper. From watching much analysis on this, it seems they have a lot of really good hardware, but their pilots only get 4-6 hours of flight time per month, so Russia knows their losses of pilots and planes would probably be huge if they went all in on air power. They seem to want to do air strikes with missiles instead, keeps the human loss down in the ranks which really puts a dent in overall morale.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Probably saving it for the next chapter, once NATO gets involved.

But yah, it's weird, with all their supposed weapons, signal interference ect, these Turkish drones are able to fly without any interruption, which I find very weird. I am still 100% sure that Russia hasn't shown it's full hand here. I don't understand why they are fighting mostly on the ground with tanks while having much better equipment available at their disposal. It's giving Ukraine the look of being able to fend off Russia, when in reality if all weapons were used this shouldn't even be close.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

New theory: The ghost of Kyiv is really a Russian airforce mechanic.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    Probably saving it for the next chapter, once NATO gets involved.

But yah, it's weird, with all their supposed weapons, signal interference ect, these Turkish drones are able to fly without any interruption, which I find very weird. I am still 100% sure that Russia hasn't shown it's full hand here. I don't understand why they are fighting mostly on the ground with tanks while having much better equipment available at their disposal. It's giving Ukraine the look of being able to fend off Russia, when in reality if all weapons were used this shouldn't even be close.
    That's been the surprise last 4 weeks. I swear Abramovich's yacht from 10 years ago is better than what the Russian Navy got.

https://youtu.be/9ZdfKOt6JPA

Wonder if Russia has the same problem as China where the Generals are more in it get rich off state own enterprises than fighting real wars.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 03-24-2022 at 12:36 PM.

My Ride
    BTR-60

Just imagine, one day you're a kid playing CoD and GTA and the next day you're driving around a stolen Russian APC

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Fugei76dArk

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Name:  preds.jpeg
Views: 300
Size:  70.6 KB

My Ride

Name:  preds.jpeg
Views: 300
Size:  70.6 KB
    Reality though is that Russians got then hands on a ton of Ukrainian equipment as well, so it's def not one sided like the news would like you to believe.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    Reality though is that Russians got then hands on a ton of Ukrainian equipment as well, so it's def not one sided like the news would like you to believe.
    I'm sure this is the 1st meme war.

We'll never know the true loss rate. Ukraine said 1300. Russia said 900. Even if you take those as true, this is still worse ratio than Vietnam war for US. And we both know both are lying about that number.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 03-24-2022 at 03:15 PM.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by whoreads View Post
    Just imagine, one day you're a kid playing CoD
    ...then you're a kid living CoD.

I still play MW3 which happened to be released over a decade ago, and the most vocal people in chat seem to be Russian - or, at least, Russian speaking/accents.

If only they spent a little extra time honing their craft, perhaps Kyiv would be taken by now.

Thing about this war is that there is no such thing as surprise. Putin was lining up those tanks for months.

You can track a US carrier down to 10 meters every second of every day, making the F-35s on it less useful. Back in WWII, Japan didn't even have radar - and 30 minutes sailing in a different direction might have had the US capitulating to Japan.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    Thing about this war is that there is no such thing as surprise. Putin was lining up those tanks for months.
    If you have a piece of equipment on the surface on this earth. I'm sure US and increasingly China will know about it.

The surprise isn't amount of gears deployed but how ineffective they were in deployment.

If this is how Russian military works, their fear of NATO is justified. And Stephen Fry was right, Russia won't win in a convention war and this Ukraine performance proved it. Once NATO is really involved, it's going nuclear.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 03-24-2022 at 05:01 PM.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    If you have a piece of equipment on the surface on this earth. I'm sure US and increasingly China will know about it.

The surprise isn't amount of gears deployed but how ineffective they were in deployment.

If this is how Russian military works, their fear of NATO is justified. And Stephen Fry was right, Russia won't win in a convention war and this Ukraine performance proved it. Once NATO is really involved, it's going nuclear.
    It really depends on which side you are looking at, it's really tough to get an idea of the true scope of this war unfortunately. If you look at Ukraine point of view, they say they are winning. Germany was saying the same thing just as the soviets were approaching their cities and the end was near, but no sane government is going to say "we are fucked boys, we all gonna die". I watch some videos online of the Russian side and Ukrainian losses appear to be huge and Russia says they are winning and making progress. So it's really hard to say what is true unfortunately, it's all propaganda from both sides, unfortunately we won't really now until the end.

I think Russia has a few other tricks up it's sleeves before we go nuclear (hopefully never). Their hypersonic missiles that can't be intercepted by anyone would scare the fuck out of me if I was NATO. I don't know how many they have of them, perhaps not that many, but knowing that there is a weapon that can maneuver at hypersonic speeds and doesn't fly on standard trajectory would scare me. All those air defenses they are positioning in Poland for example are pretty useless when they can't take this weapon down, at least based on my understanding of it. If these are as deadly as they appear, and if Russia has enough of them, then they can from the comfort of a far distance shoot down the anti-aircraft systems that are designed to take traditional missiles and planes down.

With all that being said, I think Russia could really fuck things up if they wanted to, but killing a shit ton of civilians is probably not the ideal way to get them to start liking you, or whatever their plan is after all of this is over, and to tell you the truth not sure they have a plan....or at least doesn't look like it. I hope it never gets to this and civilians can escape, because while right now it seems far away, if Kiev turns into what Mariuple is turning into I will be very worried as I have family there and hope it never comes to this.

There isn't a reason to go hypersonic yet. Artillery shells aren't really interceptable with what Ukraine has right now.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Not exactly the line I would have towed. When it comes to food, its usually best to just lie.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Toe the line not tow the line.

The more I think about it, the more I have a gut feeling that a lot of these bayraktar strikes are actually being carried out by nato. Just my gut feeling though. Hard to claim nato is involved when thhe personnel operating the equipment cant be traced.

I really hope there is not a false flag nato operation to deploy chemical weapons and then use that as a pretense for boots on the ground. Cornering a nuclear power is not a good strategy for the human race. Draw the line on the dnieper river and call it a day to save some lives.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

Page 68 of 138 FirstFirst ... 58 67 68 69 78 ... LastLast