Quantcast
Thoughts: Freedom Convoy 2022 - Page 49 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 49 of 153 FirstFirst ... 39 48 49 50 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts: Freedom Convoy 2022

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly man, and I say this with the utmost respect, there is a huge difference between what you see as a lack of empathy, versus what many people see as being crippled by empathy. Having empathy is good, but allowing empathy to destroy far more than it saves is not.
    If you find wearing a mask crippling then your life has been a lot softer than I expected.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Does everything need a medical peer review and john hopkins study group?
    Obviously not. But if you're going to claim "vAcciNAtions Do NoThing" "MaSks DO NoTHIng" "ThEY'Re ImPlanting TrACKinG ChiPs" "ThE VAccInE MaDE Me MAgnEtic" "5G is MiND ConTROl" "ThE WoRLd is FlAt" then I'd expect to see some sort of evidence supporting your claim.

As I've said many times, I'm not necessarily against lifting restrictions - I just believe decisions should be based on information (data, research, science, and facts) rather than conspiracy theories or a catchy phrase overlaid on a flag and re-tweeted around the world.

Don't want to wear a mask? Fine. Justify it based on reason and facts (e.g. it makes my breathing challenging and I get lightheaded. My glasses fog up and the lack of visibility is dangerous. I'm outdoors and able to distance myself from others. It constantly comes off my nose and I'm touching it and then touching people's drinks/food/whatever so it's less hygenic than not wearing one.)

I won't hate on rational thought but I can't stand made-up hyperbole as justification for anything.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    Obviously not. But if you're going to claim "vAcciNAtions Do NoThing" "MaSks DO NoTHIng" "ThEY'Re ImPlanting TrACKinG ChiPs" "ThE VAccInE MaDE Me MAgnEtic" "5G is MiND ConTROl" "ThE WoRLd is FlAt" then I'd expect to see some sort of evidence supporting your claim.

As I've said many times, I'm not necessarily against lifting restrictions - I just believe decisions should be based on information (data, research, science, and facts) rather than conspiracy theories or a catchy phrase overlaid on a flag and re-tweeted around the world.

Don't want to wear a mask? Fine. Justify it based on reason and facts (e.g. it makes my breathing challenging and I get lightheaded. My glasses fog up and the lack of visibility is dangerous. I'm outdoors and able to distance myself from others. It constantly comes off my nose and I'm touching it and then touching people's drinks/food/whatever so it's less hygenic than not wearing one.)

I won't hate on rational thought but I can't stand made-up hyperbole as justification for anything.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to davidI again."

Must I beyond?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

If you find wearing a mask crippling then your life has been a lot softer than I expected.
    He has a big beard.

I’ve noticed this is common with men and big beards. They all hate masks, and for good reason…

But…

I am not exactly for masking per se, but is so easy and such a tiny inconvenience, it’s laughable.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I don't want to wear a mask. Do the reasons matter? If I say it makes me lightheaded, people will argue with that and claim I'm overreacting. If I say it's because my glasses fog up, people will come up with a reason why that's not valid.

My reason is because I don't want to. I think that's sufficient.

Back to the subject of convoys. There was a line of honkybois on 6th avenue a few minutes ago. They kept rolling, lasted a few minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you that it's time to move on since mandating compliance is an encroachment on freedoms and apparently "love thy neighbour" only applies when a lot of these protesters are at church.

There have been deaths from influenza and other viral spread for decades and mask use has never been commonplace in the West. At the same time, many Asians have worn masks to respect their communities and avoid viral spread (yes, pollution and population density are surely also factors).

There is evidence that masks are effective at reducing the viral spread and perhaps had the world gotten vaccinated and complied with mask/distancing mandates we'd already be past this by bringing R0 <1 but it's quite obvious that's not going to happen given the divisiveness in society now.

Personally, I'll continue to wear a mask when I'm around people because it costs me next to nothing and if it saves a life then great; if it doesn't, it's just a minor discomfort/inconvenience to me.

My issue at this point isn't the informed decisions that people make - I greatly support freedom of choice. My disgust is at the false beliefs and widespread disinformation they use to try and support their positions and general lack of empathy towards their community.

I know I can't fix the lack of empathy but I will try to share the research where I can so people are at least making their decisions based on science rather than partisan propaganda.
    I didn't say that masks don't work. Your question was about quantifying the lives saved. That's a much more difficult task. I fully support your decision to wear masks. But you realize that if you never left the house, you would move your risk of transmission from low (with a mask) to zero.

You're showing a shocking lack of empathy by leaving your house.
    Last edited by Buster; 02-04-2022 at 09:52 AM.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    He has a big beard.

I’ve noticed this is common with men and big beards. They all hate masks, and for good reason…

But…

I am not exactly for masking per se, but is so easy and such a tiny inconvenience, it’s laughable.
    Beard Tarps.. https://alwaysbearded.com/products/b...rp-solid-black

This is what masks do? You decide?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibm_ZuwNuRQ

My Ride
    Model S

Yet you just used ridiculous hyperbole to criticize your opponents. Nobody holds those views. This is not a serious argument. Again, you also don’t understand burden of proof.

and perhaps had the world gotten vaccinated and complied with mask/distancing mandates we'd already be past this by bringing R0 <1 but it's quite obvious that's not going to happen given the divisiveness in society now.
    No. This is wishful thinking. We already know these things are ineffective.

My justification is I don't want to wear a mask. If you want to, go for it, but stop trying to use your "empathy" into forcing others to do so.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Quote Originally Posted by RawB8figure View Post
    This is what masks do? You decide?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibm_ZuwNuRQ
    that shows it working perfectly.... lol

What is it supposed to do, redirect your breath back inside you??

* Disclaimer i think mask mandates should be over though haha

My Ride
    ute

"Empathy" is just a fancy word for virtue signalling.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I think arguing about the benefits and drawbacks of masks/vaccines totally misses the point.

I think the vast majority of people who are upset with restrictions now probably are pretty much like me. They wore masks, they got vaccinated, they avoided social gatherings, they complied and did their part. Now they don't want to. The reasons for that are probably varied, but don't' really matter.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I won't hate on rational thought but I can't stand made-up hyperbole as justification for anything
    I'm not commenting on the overall argument between you two as it is pointless but I can't help to point out you contradicted yourself with blazing hypocrisy in your own rant in a way that would make even 89coupe blush. Outstanding sir.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 02-04-2022 at 10:10 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I think arguing about the benefits and drawbacks of masks/vaccines totally misses the point.

I think the vast majority of people who are upset with restrictions now probably are pretty much like me. They wore masks, they got vaccinated, they avoided social gatherings, they complied and did their part. Now they don't want to. The reasons for that are probably varied, but don't' really matter.
    Won't somebody think of the children?

My Ride
    changes every year

I fucking hate empathy. I'm not gonna do it.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Me, I just hate children.

My Ride
    ute

Masks are now like the 90s charity infomercials.

For a mere inconvenience ("a dollar a day!") you can save lives and make the world a better place.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Don't want to wear a mask? Fine. Justify it based on reason and facts .
    lol I don't have to justify anything that inconveniences me in the slightest bit. I can do a 180km/h down the TransCanada if I wanted to, doesn't mean I need to justify it to the cop that pulls me over. I made the choice and got caught, give me the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    that shows it working perfectly.... lol

What is it supposed to do, redirect your breath back inside you??

* Disclaimer i think mask mandates should be over though haha
    Perfectly, haha

Hahaha

I don’t know about you but under perfect lab conditions a lot of aerosols escaped the mask.

https://twitter.com/efenigson/status...69165329539077
    Last edited by RawB8figure; 02-04-2022 at 10:31 AM.

Page 49 of 153 FirstFirst ... 39 48 49 50 59 ... LastLast