Quantcast
Thoughts: Freedom Convoy 2022 - Page 72 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 72 of 153 FirstFirst ... 62 71 72 73 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 3053

Thread: Thoughts: Freedom Convoy 2022

My Ride
    Model S

Tucker on point

I didn't realize most of american media was all in on lying about them being violent insurrectionists that want to overthrow the government, pretty disturbing clips in there...

Wow, is the right and the left actually on the same side this time? Them Cheese pharoahs might be on the chopping block next.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Our Ram Ranch anthem to the invading terrorists also made the news. Awesome.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...ranch-1297926/

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tucker on point

I didn't realize most of american media was all in on lying about them being violent insurrectionists that want to overthrow the government, pretty disturbing clips in there...
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post

Wow, is the right and the left actually on the same side this time? Them Cheese pharoahs might be on the chopping block next.
    so googe and zenops are the same person?
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

At first I thought the whole trucker convoy was pretty lame...but seeing the media vehemently attack it, seeing the woke crowd label them as racist nazi terrorists and calling for military to intervene, then how the bureaucrats are now trying to stop their donations (great crypto advertisement) I gotta say I feel like I'm on the trucker's side now. Of course I'm really just watching this all unfold from a distant seat, totally unaffected, but it's both eye-opening and entertaining.

Yikes if true:
    https://www.techradar.com/news/donat...osed-user-data

I have no idea why anyone would upload their passport info to a donation site but apparently there was 50gb worth

Maybe Doug has remembered he has an election in four months and letting the economy suffer is something his supporters don't really like, and his donors can't afford.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post

Maybe Doug has remembered he has an election in four months and letting the economy suffer is something his supporters don't really like, and his donors can't afford.
    Or they could just abandon a bad mandate policy

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Or they could just abandon a bad mandate policy
    Giving into the will of obstructionist protesters would be a disastrously bad idea. Why would they leave with mandates when you're just giving them exactly what they want without resistance? They've effectively extended mandates in Ontario, simply because giving power to people who want to blockade stuff to get what they want is incredibly stupid and invite more economic disruption as a protest strategy. There's a reason they didn't cave to the pipeline and rail protesters

My Ride
    ute

Giving into the will of obstructionist protesters would be a disastrously bad idea. Why would they leave with mandates when you're just giving them exactly what they want without resistance? They've effectively extended mandates in Ontario, simply because giving power to people who want to blockade stuff to get what they want is incredibly stupid and invite more economic disruption as a protest strategy. There's a reason they didn't cave to the pipeline and rail protesters
    Well your flavor of authoritarianism is just as dumb as all the rest of them

As bad an idea as continuing to spew the same damaging rhetoric further dividing a country.
    We aren't be run by leaders, and if you feel that way I feel sorry for you.

The majority of Canadians are ready to lift mandates.

Its not up to the government to determine the amount of risk I am willing to take in my day to day life.
    As an individual its up to you to govern yourself accordingly.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2022/01/...ctions-to-end/

Well your flavor of authoritarianism is just as dumb as all the rest of them
    What flavour is that? Not caving to a small mob at the foot of parliament?

JT, the fucking imbecile, could end the blockades in 5 minutes with a stroke of his pen.

My Ride
    ute

What flavour is that? Not caving to a small mob at the foot of parliament?
    Refusing to implement the obviously correct policy because it would threaten your authority.

Refusing to implement the obviously correct policy because it would threaten your authority.
    It isn't the obviously correct policy when it comes under coercion.

Not having a policy in parallel with our largest trading partner isn't a correct policy. So that takes care of the federal mandates. A phased elimination of mandates that allows businesses to reopen faster as hospitalization number are monitored is the correct policy. We have the case of the incorrect policy being implemented in Alberta because it was needed to maintain authority, so it goes both ways I guess.

When the US ends their cross border mandates, it is time for the feds to end ours. Anything else just benefits them while hurting us, and that's stupid. The provincial mandates were all going to be coming to an end. Was plain to see. But now you can't appear to cave to economic obstructionists because it would only promote those who threaten the economy and free movement of people and goods to achieve their own political means. That is what makes dropping mandates now the incorrect policy, because even the appearance of caving to this kind of coercion has greater negative effects down the road.

But it's not like trading partners and investors thought that the movement of goods was under risk of becoming unreliable in Canada or anything.

My Ride
    ute

It isn't the obviously correct policy when it comes under coercion.

Not having a policy in parallel with our largest trading partner isn't a correct policy. So that takes care of the federal mandates. A phased elimination of mandates that allows businesses to reopen faster as hospitalization number are monitored is the correct policy. We have the case of the incorrect policy being implemented in Alberta because it was needed to maintain authority, so it goes both ways I guess.

When the US ends their cross border mandates, it is time for the feds to end ours. Anything else just benefits them while hurting us, and that's stupid. The provincial mandates were all going to be coming to an end. Was plain to see. But now you can't appear to cave to economic obstructionists because it would only promote those who threaten the economy and free movement of people and goods to achieve their own political means. That is what makes dropping mandates now the incorrect policy, because even the appearance of caving to this kind of coercion has greater negative effects down the road.

But it's not like trading partners and investors thought that the movement of goods was under risk of becoming unreliable in Canada or anything.
    Wrong.

Okay.

My Ride
    ute

Okay.

I'm happy to debate the pipeline issues. Start a thread on it and we can discuss it there. Right now we're talking about vaccine mandates for truckers.

I'm happy to debate the pipeline issues. Start a thread on it and we can discuss it there. Right now we're talking about vaccine mandates for truckers.
    In that case, being equally authoritarian as the United States is the correct policy when it comes to cross-border travel of truckers. The emotional benefit of dropping them under such conditions do not outweigh the negative ramifications, as it wouldn't benefit Canadian truckers anyway, and would likely have no benefit to the movement of goods into Canada as no American truckers would want to spend the quarantine period on return.

My Ride
    ute

In that case, being equally authoritarian as the United States is the correct policy when it comes to cross-border travel of truckers. The emotional benefit of dropping them under such conditions do not outweigh the negative ramifications, as it wouldn't benefit Canadian truckers anyway, and would likely have no benefit to the movement of goods into Canada as no American truckers would want to spend the quarantine period on return.
    What are the negative ramifications?

What are the negative ramifications?
    Empowering economic obstructionists. Did well stopping it the last time, messy as it was. But giving a blueprint on how to succeed next time wouldn't be good for anyone. Everything from well-organized groups to half-assed blockades causing disruption would continue to erode willingness to invest and procure goods from Canada.

Plus there's no guarantee they'd actually leave just by lifting the trucker mandate anyway. So you empower them and still don't get goods moving freely? Would be a dumb move.

They've basically made the smartest move keeping the mandate until the blockades are dealt with. Which at this rate means longer than they likely would have stayed, because there's no tangible benefit to dropping before the US does.

So the smartest move is to continue to be as authoritarian as the US. No benefit to do anything else.

Page 72 of 153 FirstFirst ... 62 71 72 73 82 ... LastLast