Quantcast
Real or Fake - Will Smith just smacked Chris Rock on live TV - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Real or Fake - Will Smith just smacked Chris Rock on live TV

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Real!!

I pumped Jada about 10 years ago in Vegas. She's the real deal. She's got that insecure pansy pussy whipped. Met her at a Paris Hilton party I got dragged into by a drunk celebrity who thought my 20" arms at the time made me a doorman at that club.

Epic time. Thanks Tren!

My Ride
    V8s

I'm with Buster.

Why can't anyone fathom that Chris Rock and Will Smith decided to do this without asking permission from the Oscar production team?

Saying "No way is it staged, the oscars would never let them get away with it" doesn't remotely prove that this wasn't planned.

note: I wouldn't classify this as a hill to die on one way or the other. I couldn't care much less. I just think it's silly to rule out the prospect of those two guys planning this ahead of time.

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

what the fuck would be the upside of that? I've yet to hear anyone provide any shred of reasoning for staging something like this.

For sure anything can be staged these days and many things are, but the moon landing wasn't staged and neither was this. Because WHY? lol it makes no sense at all. Domestic abusers and violence in general is in the spotlight right now and staging a violent act is likely to have massive repercussions for a career actor.

Tarnishing a 30+ year career of being a marketable family friendly actor for publicity? Is Will Smith trying to craft a bad boy image so he can play a tough guy grandpa in a few years.
    Last edited by adamc; 03-28-2022 at 12:36 PM.
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Quote Originally Posted by adamc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what the fuck would be the upside of that?

Tarnishing a 30+ year career of being a marketable family friendly actor for publicity? Is Will Smith trying to craft a bad boy image so he can play a tough guy grandpa in a few years.
    Agreed. His acceptance speech kina looked like a cry for help also.

My Ride
    This and that.

Definitely not fake. As much of a 'joke' Chris Rock is, I don't see him being cool with getting dissed like that on a show like that either.

My Ride
    ute

Buster gonna be the only one to die on this hill eh.

You’re right man it was totally staged and they decided to broadcast Will Smith screaming “FUCKING” at the top of his lungs to millions of families around the world at the most prestigious awards ceremony on earth. A actor who has purposely and famously made a point of NEVER being recorded cursing in his 30+ year career, even producing several hugely popular rap songs with nary a “damn” in them.

Not to mention the butchered production edit trying to cut away from the disaster and all of their PR teams scrambling into damage control mode immediately afterwards.

On a night where one of the participants of the “stunt” was nominated for the most important award. Totally set up.

Maybe go back and watch some of the HD clips and then admit you’re wrong ��
    Prestigious?

Nobody cares about awards ceremonies any more. Their ratings are shit. They're considered mostly irrelevant. They're the punchline of a joke.

As for what happened here, the most likely is: Will Smith and Chris Rock came up with a bit and planned something out. The Oscars either knew what they were actually planning something, or they thought some alternate version was happening. If I'm being generous, maybe even Chris Rock didn't know that Smith was actually going to make contact with his face - maybe the plan was to grab his collar or something. Maybe even Smith hammed it up with some f bombs that the network wasn't expecting.

But this was not a spontaneous spectacle.

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

Any broadcasting Will Smith shouting FUCKING at the top of his lungs, not once but twice was all part of the well crafted plan too, right?

Eating the massive FCC fines for a ratings bump? Have you actually seen the full uncensored clips?

I'm positively convinced you're trolling now.
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Prestigious?

Nobody cares about awards ceremonies any more. Their ratings are shit. They're considered mostly irrelevant. They're the punchline of a joke.

As for what happened here, the most likely is: Will Smith and Chris Rock came up with a bit and planned something out. The Oscars either knew what they were actually planning something, or they thought some alternate version was happening. If I'm being generous, maybe even Chris Rock didn't know that Smith was actually going to make contact with his face - maybe the plan was to grab his collar or something. Maybe even Smith hammed it up with some f bombs that the network wasn't expecting.

But this was not a spontaneous spectacle.
    Might as well add ZenOps 2.0 to your user title.

Hollywood and professional sports is your nickel.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ute

what the fuck would be the upside of that? I've yet to hear anyone provide any shred of reasoning for staging something like this.

For sure anything can be staged these days and many things are, but the moon landing wasn't staged and neither was this. Because WHY? lol it makes no sense at all. Domestic abusers and violence in general is in the spotlight right now and staging a violent act is likely to have massive repercussions for a career actor.

The purpose should be self evident.

The idea that the Oscars are "family friendly" is dumb.

They actively promote films by Roman Polansky, and films like Call Me By Your Name. Whether or not you find those morally objectionably situations, you can't claim them to be "family friendly" in any way. The list is long on Hollywood's questionable family friendliness.

- - - Updated - - -

Any broadcasting Will Smith shouting FUCKING at the top of his lungs, not once but twice was all part of the well crafted plan too, right?

Eating the massive FCC fines for a ratings bump? Have you actually seen the full uncensored clips?

I'm positively convinced you're trolling now.
    You know how publicity stunts work, right?

We've seen a million of them. This is just another one. I mean, I was born one day, but it wasn't yesterday. I'm actually a bit surprised people are being so naive.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Might as well add ZenOps 2.0 to your user title.

Hollywood and professional sports is your nickel.
    100%

I used to think he was always joking around, but now I am getting concerned.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    I'm with Buster.

Why can't anyone fathom that Chris Rock and Will Smith decided to do this without asking permission from the Oscar production team?

Saying "No way is it staged, the oscars would never let them get away with it" doesn't remotely prove that this wasn't planned.

note: I wouldn't classify this as a hill to die on one way or the other. I couldn't care much less. I just think it's silly to rule out the prospect of those two guys planning this ahead of time.
    I totally agree with your logic. I believe it was real for other reasons.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I totally agree with your logic. I believe it was real for other reasons.
    The Oscars production team two seconds after the incident: "Oh shit, that wasn't what they told us they were going to do."

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    how did you become that unhinged from what you saw. Shakalaka is right you've got some issues.
    You must be a blast at parties. You do understand he is partaking in hyperbole for comedic effect? While at the same time we inherently understand he is also communicating some amount of serious truth in his statements?

Fuck the internet is SERIOUS BIZNISS

Can the viewing audience sue the Oscars for mental trauma? If the US wants to stage another moon landing, at least they now know how to close most of the obvious fakery.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 03-28-2022 at 01:04 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Why has no one slapped Will Smith in the face for rebooting the Fresh Prince and ruining it?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

What I found amazing is that only the Japanese live feed managed to make it to light unedited. They bleeped out every other broadcast.

Although its not hard to fill in the blanks as a lipreader.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    100%

I used to think he was always joking around, but now I am getting concerned.
    +1

It seems he has found his hill.

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Back to Bel-air that guy goes.
    Cereal Killer.
    @iambrianspilner

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

So this is the Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson of 2022 eh?

Alright...

Also is this the beginning of the demise of Buster we're witnessing here? Over 2 celebs who are past their prime?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    You must be a blast at parties. You do understand he is partaking in hyperbole for comedic effect? While at the same time we inherently understand he is also communicating some amount of serious truth in his statements?

Fuck the internet is SERIOUS BIZNISS
    I did review again after Shak's comment. Still not racist.
    The participants happen to be black and that's kind of it. I didn't drag in calling the Williams sisters cheaters out of nowhere. The shitty movie that fuck-face won an award for is about them. If I suddenly said I hated MLK Jr, then that would be weird. I also didn't have anything bad to say about Chris Rock, so that doesn't add up.
    I'm also pretty sure it's not me who has put Lewis Hamilton on blast. I don't care about him and I don't watch F1. I just saw enough of last year's final race to find out that I'm on that ugly guy's side, not Hamilton. I've commented a few times in the F1 thread because it's so dominantly discussed around here.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast