Quantcast
Tavarish's P1 rebuild is awesome - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Tavarish's P1 rebuild is awesome

My Ride
    ute

Default Tavarish's P1 rebuild is awesome

When he pulled out that wiring harness near the end of the current video I actually said "holy fuck" out loud.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

I've been watching this for the sheer lulz. Dude is taking on a monumental project with that car lol.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've been watching this for the sheer lulz. Dude is taking on a monumental project with that car lol.
    I feel like I need to watch these episodes like this:

Name:  istockphoto-1149081600-612x612.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  23.5 KB

So awesome I've always enjoyed his channel, sucks he had to sell the FnF Lambo for this thought. I really liked the end product of that build.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    When he pulled out that wiring harness near the end of the current video I actually said "holy fuck" out loud.

Thanks. great video, I need to follow from the beginning now.

I haven't heard of this guy before. He's awesome.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Thanks. great video, I need to follow from the beginning now.

I haven't heard of this guy before. He's awesome.
    There is a group of 3 of them.. Tavarish, Jared (Questionable Garage), and Hoovie. They are all entertaining in their own ways. But Tavarish usually takes on the really big projects.

My Ride
    *The First*

LoL!
    This is irreparable within any means of a budget.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    LoL!
    This is irreparable within any means of a budget.
    He paid I think 500k for a "2 million dollar" car and can use parts from other McLarens to try to save money.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    He paid I think 500k for a "2 million dollar" car and can use parts from other McLarens to try to save money.
    I think I watched enough where he said some part he needed was >$700k. It's over. The diminished value of even regular cars that have been repaired after flooding is tremendous. The value of this car after repair will be so low, it's just entertainment to make the videos.

My Ride
    This and that.

He will lose money on the car itself but he will make multiple times more from the revenue videos will generate so he's sitting pretty.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    He will lose money on the car itself but he will make multiple times more from the revenue videos will generate so he's sitting pretty.
    Yeah exactly, the biggest lever on the ROI is the youtube views, the car is just a means to get this.

I got a kick out of the 720 (or maybe 765?) he built last year. Constantly says "build it better than original" or whatever, and weeks after finishing it, he posts a picture of the car with a massive pool of oil on the side of the road after it grenaded itself haha. But again... it's just for the views. I'm sure he knows you can't actually build it better than when it came from the factory.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by bjstare View Post
    Yeah exactly, the biggest lever on the ROI is the youtube views, the car is just a means to get this.

I got a kick out of the 720 (or maybe 765?) he built last year. Constantly says "build it better than original" or whatever, and weeks after finishing it, he posts a picture of the car with a massive pool of oil on the side of the road after it grenaded itself haha. But again... it's just for the views. I'm sure he knows you can't actually build it better than when it came from the factory.
    Meh, with McLaren??
    You sure about that?

Name:  tim-robinson-i-think-you-should-leave.gif
Views: 627
Size:  51.7 KB

@Buster

My Ride
    V8s

Haha I anticipated that response before I even hit the post button. I suppose I should've specified the engine. Pretty sure everything else about mclaren build quality is suspect, but I'm also no expert.

My Ride
    This and that.

The fact that he has the skills and aptitude to even 'put together' cars of this nature as a DIY is hugely impressive to me and good for him to be able to use social media to capitalize on that. Just because I don't have the ability and the brains to do it, I can't hate on a guy like that. Haha.

I've always like his content, and fixing/restoring a P1 that was previously going to be needing a boat registration, is an impressive feat (so far).

I do like McLaren as a company too, despite their QA issues with silly things like huge panel gaps frequently happening on 350$k and up cars which are brand new. When I next go to the UK I want to visit both McLaren and especially Lotus, right after the Duxford air/war museum.

My Ride
    *The First*

My friend's BMW i8 had a catastrophic series of errors that cratered its main batteries and brain and other things. Fucking thing was in the shop for around 6 months and was simply never the same car afterward.
    *Also, it was never under water...

I am leaning towards this P1 not functioning beyond 49% of its capability no matter how long this highly skilled guy spends on it.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

I remember seeing this P1 all over instagram when the floods first got it. Physically floated out of the guys garage and into the street/against a tree ha ha.

Pretty cool project but I wouldn’t touch a flood damaged hybrid even if I had endless funds haha

My Ride
    ute

As was mentioned, Mclarens are built like shit - I've seen it with my own eyes. Even in this P1 video the panels have giant shim stacks form the factory just to get the panels to align. The instrument binnacle was broken and glued together - from the factory.

He blue up the 675 because it over-boosted it (by a lot) and Mclaren engines are very delicate as a result of attempted weight savings.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I think I watched enough where he said some part he needed was >$700k. It's over. The diminished value of even regular cars that have been repaired after flooding is tremendous. The value of this car after repair will be so low, it's just entertainment to make the videos.

I'm not so sure about this. This is the most famous P1 on the planet, with this build (and it's instagram history). Same as his Murci was the most famous Murci of all time because of his project and it's roots.

People pay money for a story on a car. What kind of premium will they pay for the most famous P1 in existence? Who knows.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I'm not so sure about this. This is the most famous P1 on the planet, with this build (and it's instagram history). Same as his Murci was the most famous Murci of all time because of his project and it's roots.

People pay money for a story on a car. What kind of premium will they pay for the most famous P1 in existence? Who knows.
    Just because flammable and inflammable turn out to mean the same thing, it's still important to not confuse famous with infamous.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Never heard of him
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast