Quantcast
The ABORTION thread. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The ABORTION thread.

My Ride
    Z

I seriously don't understand why people are trying so hard to get these completely unwanted kids born into a shitty life. Cheap labor? Half of them end up costing us all social money. Just get rid of them! It makes no sense to me
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by g-m View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I seriously don't understand why people are trying so hard to get these completely unwanted kids born into a shitty life. Cheap labor? Half of them end up costing us all social money. Just get rid of them! It makes no sense to me
    assuming they are healthy too
    what if prenatal testing shows they have .. downs or other stuff

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    My biggest issues with Canada are the slow erosion of our freedoms and the increased involvement of Government in our lives.

So yes, I appreciate the Charter that sets limits on just how far the Government encroach on our life, liberty, and security.

You would hate the world in which you got the legal changes that would give the State the power to encroach on those fundamental freedoms, which is why it's so fucking hilarious watching you try to cut off your nose to spite your face over the foetus of women you'll never meet in your life, whose kids you'd probably despise if they were forced into society.
    i think for us in this generation we are still okay lol until the bubble pops on all the ozark money and in comes totalitarian governance haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Z

No kidding or FASD. Get rid of them! It's like knowingly allowing criminals and social drain into your country
    Z32 TT
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Forced abortion in the case of certain detectable birth defects was not previously on my mind but may as well be included in the discussion.

And that also brings up late-term abortions in the case of defects that are detected later.

- - - Updated - - -

And I don't think anyone mentioned pregnancies that are the result of rape.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

My biggest issues with Canada are the slow erosion of our freedoms and the increased involvement of Government in our lives.

So yes, I appreciate the Charter that sets limits on just how far the Government encroach on our life, liberty, and security.

You would hate the world in which you got the legal changes that would give the State the power to encroach on those fundamental freedoms, which is why it's so fucking hilarious watching you try to cut off your nose to spite your face over the foetus of women you'll never meet in your life, whose kids you'd probably despise if they were forced into society.
    The Charter is a flawed document. The Canadian constitution is a tire fire.

The state has a function - probably its most important function - is to defend the right of every individual to not be harmed. We are probably in alignment with that. Your failure of logic here is that you are willing to allow a 35 week pregnant mother to infringe upon the rights of an almost full-term fetus. Why you think the mother's right to "do what she wants" supersedes the rights of that late-term fetus is where your little "liberty" argument causes your brain to break. You are reacting precisely how people react when they are forced into collapsing their cognitive dissonance. They become agitated.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by g-m View Post
    This isn't a conversation on abortion in general. Most people - I would say that vast majority of Canadians anyway - fall within a reasonable range for abortion to be acceptable. That's somewhere in the 15-22 week range. Long enough to know you're pregnant and formulate a plan without urgency. But not too long that you are stretching into the late term where the fetus/baby becomes a viable independent entity worthy of protections.

Then you have pro-life radicals or radicals like @davidI who think late-term fetuses that are viable, formed humans should be abortable.

My Ride
    NC1

Tbh I think you guys are on the same page - neither of you support the extremes but where you seem to differ is
    how are our courts haha is it like the Americans
    Can our SC be tested on issues like this to the extreme lol

It only got me thinking cuz federal courts overruled single use plastic ban but it’s being enforced by local bylaws so what gives haha
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post

Then you have pro-life radicals or radicals like @davidI who think late-term fetuses that are viable, formed humans should be abortable.
    Ok, how about this as a compromise.

You can force the mother to have the foetus she doesn't want but since you're the one who is so desperate for it to be born, you can assume parental responsibility for all costs and associated efforts in raising it to be a contributive member to society.

Deal?

My Ride
    NC1

You can force the mother to have the foetus she doesn't want but since you're the one who is so desperate for it to be born, you can assume parental responsibility for all costs and associated efforts in raising it to be a contributive member to society.

Deal?
    You need to bring some adoption statistics if you gonna go there
    I am user #49

My Ride
    changes every year

Freedom is a good thing. Do what you feel......BUT, the 2 people need to agree and if the woman wants it and the man doesn't, he should be free of all rights.

I dont think anyone that doesn't want a kid should have a kid, spells disaster for these kids.

My Ride
    NC1

Time value of kids over 18-22 years invested in the spy is probably 500k-1million hmmm so I don’t blame anyone from aborting that responsibility
    I am user #49

My Ride
    ute

Deal?
    I think the social safety net conversation is a good one. But a different one.

The idea that you might defend a person's right to not be harmed (ie negative right) is a different proposition than suggesting society has an obligation to provide for a person (ie a positive right).

I'm not saying we should do one or the other, but the conversation around the merits of negative rights vs positive rights is an interesting one. Canadians believe in a whole litany of positive rights. Most libertarian types (myself included), generally feel that any positive right should be limited or doesn't even exist. It's why it is convenient to bury the notion of positive rights behind large, state-run institutions, because it is easier to hide the coercion required to enforce positive rights. ("Pay your taxes, so that people can get free healthcare. If you don't we throw you in jail"...which elevates someone's right to healthcare over the corresponding person's right to freedom. An obviously immoral position.)

Should the state take care of infants that the mother could not abort late term? Maybe, but probably not. But justifying that position by saying the fetus has a right to not be harmed is a non-sequitur.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

the only people who support banning abortions are the ones who know they can manipulate the poverty stricken uneducated people who are a result of the vast majority of disallowed abortions.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

Who the fuck greened Thaco. Damn trolls.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Was really hoping for a poll here ES
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

Deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I think the social safety net conversation is a good one. But a different one.

The idea that you might defend a person's right to not be harmed (ie negative right) is a different proposition than suggesting society has an obligation to provide for a person (ie a positive right).

I'm not saying we should do one or the other, but the conversation around the merits of negative rights vs positive rights is an interesting one. Canadians believe in a whole litany of positive rights. Most libertarian types (myself included), generally feel that any positive right should be limited or doesn't even exist. It's why it is convenient to bury the notion of positive rights behind large, state-run institutions, because it is easier to hide the coercion required to enforce positive rights. ("Pay your taxes, so that people can get free healthcare. If you don't we throw you in jail"...which elevates someone's right to healthcare over the corresponding person's right to freedom. An obviously immoral position.)

Should the state take care of infants that the mother could not abort late term? Maybe, but probably not. But justifying that position by saying the fetus has a right to not be harmed is a non-sequitur.
    So there you have it: better to bring the fetus to term and abandon it in the forest after it is born than have an abortion after 24 weeks.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

So far what I have learned in the first 2 pages of this thread is Buster is a more articulate and much more angry Zenops without the fun quirky love of nickles.
    Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Maybe this is old school, or new school thinking (I actually don't know anymore).
    But a bunch of dudes debating female body rights is no bueno in my mind.

At the end of the day. The right to choose is all that matters.
    100% agreed. Lets go back to talking about chopping off the tips of our dicks. If you want to have a controversial thread at least have one where it makes sense for a bunch of penis owners to have an opinion on.
    Last edited by schurchill39; 01-23-2024 at 11:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    So far what I have learned in the first 2 pages of this thread is Buster is a more articulate and much more angry Zenops without the fun quirky love of nickles.
    Sums up where I've landed on the issue, too.

Killing another person in your own body is killing another person. Tearing a person's body out limb by limb to take it out of the woman, yes that would be murder. So I believe it's about standing up for those that can't stick up for themselves - the unborn child. The overwhelming majority of abortions aren't because of the Mom's health. It's for birth control. If you don't want to have a baby, use contraception or abstain. I could be perhaps convinced of rare exceptions of rape.

My Ride
    Z

Why do people who normally couldn't give a fuck about other people suddenly care when it's an unwanted unintelligent growth
    Z32 TT
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast