Quantcast
Anyone see this "Recall Calgary's Mayor Petition"? - Page 16 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone see this "Recall Calgary's Mayor Petition"?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by 04Terminator View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't worry. I'm in Red Deer today, Then Edmonton tomorrow, but leaving Alberta on Sunday.
    You see, the rest of us are smart enough to know you don't need to be IN Alberta to post on an Alberta website so the real key action for you here is the leave the internet altogether. But thank you for dropping in to masturbate for us, nice to see you still THINK you're more intelligent than your shoes. Your overall brand of comedy is still entertaining even if the schtick broke years ago.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

It's actually very impressive how brainwashed left-wingers are.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    Only bigots can think that she's doing a terrible job as mayor? Right, ok
    There's a very strong correlation between the people that hate Calgary's last 2 mayors, and prejudicial attitudes. So, of course not all, just a large proportion there of.

The guy who started the petition openly displays neonazi symbolism, as did some of the people at these petition sites.

Just look at your "old fart uncle's" posts on Facebook. The posts are sprinkled with bigotry against their colour or sexual orientation (in case of Nenshi - who was Calgary's best ever mayor).

You know it's true. Even if you aren't a bigot yourself, you've seen it.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    Welp, that is impressive...
    Maybe it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    Welp, that is impressive...
    Maybe it can be done.
    Nah your point still stands. In fact this system only processes those things that are unreadable. The problem arises with text that was incorrectly OCR'd.

There's a very strong correlation between the people that hate Calgary's last 2 mayors, and prejudicial attitudes. So, of course not all, just a large proportion there of.

The guy who started the petition openly displays neonazi symbolism, as did some of the people at these petition sites.

Just look at your "old fart uncle's" posts on Facebook. The posts are sprinkled with bigotry against their colour or sexual orientation (in case of Nenshi - who was Calgary's best ever mayor).

You know it's true. Even if you aren't a bigot yourself, you've seen it.
    This is the first time I've heard of this...now Im curious lol

And ya ya, I was wrong about the scanning using the software, forgot these were all hand written.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    But haven't the petition organizers fully acknowledged that they have nowhere near the required number?
    I think they have, but I could be wrong as I have certainly not followed this story closely.
    If they don’t have enough signatures and know they don’t, they could choose to just not submit it. Say they only got XX,000 and the media will report on it even if the official tally would then become 0 with a void petition. Would save taxpayer money and ensure the highest number possible is what gets talked about.

But a submitted petition has to be verified and the results reported within 30 day. There wasn’t any provision in the bill for ‘if there’s nowhere near the required number they don’t need to verify anything.’

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    If they don’t have enough signatures and know they don’t, they could choose to just not submit it. Say they only got XX,000 and the media will report on it even if the official tally would then become 0 with a void petition. Would save taxpayer money and ensure the highest number possible is what gets talked about.

But a submitted petition has to be verified and the results reported within 30 day. There wasn’t any provision in the bill for ‘if there’s nowhere near the required number they don’t need to verify anything.’

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure the UCP law stated that no further action is required if they didn't meet the threshold?? And since they are WAY WAY WAY under, hopefully no more hot air is expended.

This was nothing but a publicity stunt, they admitted this at the start when they recognized they would not meet the threshold.

This was to be divisive, and anger and empower the bigots, and bring them out of the closet, and to put the idea of party politics in municipal affairs on these bigots minds.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Gondek recall petition deadline fast approaching, but verification process far from over | CBC News

This actually says they don't need to fully validate all the signatures for a failed petition.

"If the 40 per cent threshold has not been met, no further verification process on the petition will occur," said Martin.

Martin says that if the required minimum number of signatures is reached, "the next process will be to conduct a random sample, as permitted under the Municipal Government Act, to do a verification process of the recall petition."

The number of signatures needed to verify the petition would use random statistical sampling, which was determined after the city consulted with a third-party organization.

That magic random sample number is 369 signatures, as opposed to verifying each signature individually. That data would then be extrapolated to estimate the overall total of valid signatures.

"The legislation is very prescriptive in terms of what the city clerk must be counting," said Martin, adding that with every signature there also needs to be an address, contact information, a witness and an affidavit. Forging signatures would contravene the law.

"Should that circumstance arise, it would definitely be a matter for the Calgary Police Service," she said.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

"Should that circumstance arise, it would definitely be a matter for the Calgary Police Service," she said.
    Name:  55da5d97-930f-44dd-a348-8887368d544b_text.gif
Views: 164
Size:  387.1 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I wouldn’t be too worried. We don’t prosecute anyone in this country nor investigate any crimes
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I wouldn’t be too worried. We don’t prosecute anyone in this country nor investigate any crimes
    You get fired when you start investigating political crimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Gondek recall petition deadline fast approaching, but verification process far from over | CBC News

This actually says they don't need to fully validate all the signatures for a failed petition.

On second thought. I'd validate anyway. I'd bet MANY MANY are invalid. It would be fun to embarrass them further
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post

Also says they get 45 days when then bill says 30, so there’s got to be some discrepancy between the municipal and provincial level recalls (similarly the bill only refers to the Chief Electoral Officer even though CAOs are mentioned in the municipal fact sheets).

https://docs.assembly.ab.ca/LADDAR_f...5_bill-052.pdf

I’m sure nobody from the province would have hesitated to let a city clerk know they were mistaken given this is such a prominent recall petition so a quick process seems like it’s all that’s needed.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post

That is accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Who wants her gone? The handful of bigots and the Nazi "HH" HVAC guy?

Who gives a fuck.

Tone deaf are the small loud group of bigots that embarrassed themselves with this petition.

I had a conversation with a few of the morons collecting signatures while I'm in town. I asked the 2 trailer park bimbos working the Walmart parking lot on Tuesday if they got through grade 9.

Smart people are tired of dumb people getting their way. That's why the signature tally is so low. Less than even voted for Fuckas in the election.
    What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by darthVWader View Post
    72,000 is pretty lame. But it did smash my prediction of 38,000
    I actually find that very impressive. Based on the number of voters that even give a shit to vote. 72k signatures at random locations with 0 chance of it being passed anyways.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    Mental illness is a serious issue
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

If some simple minded bigots also dislike her based on the color of her skin or the fact that she's a woman, that's their prerogative, sad as it may be. I saw countless folks in downtown +15's lined up to sign this petition during the first few weeks. White collar folks of various genders and races. But I suppose all of them are secretly neonazi's too

Fairly sure having a white collar makes you racist.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast