Quantcast
Fatal dog attack, owner gets slap on the wrist - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Fatal dog attack, owner gets slap on the wrist

https://humanesocietytampa.org/pit-b...%20the%20world.

That is because pittbulls are not recognized by the AKC so they don't show up on their lists... A quick search and even a bit of observation will demonstrate otherwise.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sadly, this one hit very close to home. This past Saturday afternoon I was walking my dog, on-leash, near a playground in my community with my wife and young kids. An off leash pitbull (bully breed?) dog ran up to ours, completely unprovoked, and started viciously attacking my dog, he bit down on her neck and wouldn't let go. This despite the owner trying to pull him off with all his strength and me absolutely hammering on this dog's muzzle repeatedly as hard as I physically could. Our dog ended up needing surgery and is now recovering, our 4-year-old boy is traumatized.

I was previously of the it's-the-owner-not-the-breed school of thought, but this incident completely changed my perspective. This owner was completely opposite to the guy in the OP's story. He was extremely apologetic and seemed completely shocked his dog would do something like that, he's paid the vet bill and has been very sincere in his interactions with me after the incident. Seeing firsthand just how insanely strong and determined these dogs are when they attack, I can now see why these dogs are banned in certain areas. I'm terrified to think of what could have happened if I wasn't there to fight this dog off, or if it perceived my son as a bigger threat than my dog.

PFA Our dog quite literally wouldn't hurt a fly. She was so shocked by the entire incident, she didn't even bark or try to fight back, not that it would have helped.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Fucking brutal. Hope your pup has a speedy recovery, and your kid can move passed that. I've had some close calls at the dog park and it's really jarring, and also want hit the other dog and its owner with a bat. The worst offenders I've seen at the park are doodles.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by SKR View Post
    The State and Silver Side Up are great albums and anyone who says different to my face better prepare to get fuckin launched.
    Nickelback apologists are the best.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Fucking brutal. Hope your pup has a speedy recovery, and your kid can move passed that. I've had some close calls at the dog park and it's really jarring, and also want hit the other dog and its owner with a bat. The worst offenders I've seen at the park are doodles.
    Thanks. Ours is a doodle

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    Sadly, this one hit very close to home. This past Saturday afternoon I was walking my dog, on-leash, near a playground in my community with my wife and young kids. An off leash pitbull (bully breed?) dog ran up to ours, completely unprovoked, and started viciously attacking my dog, he bit down on her neck and wouldn't let go. This despite the owner trying to pull him off with all his strength and me absolutely hammering on this dog's muzzle repeatedly as hard as I physically could. Our dog ended up needing surgery and is now recovering, our 4-year-old boy is traumatized.

I was previously of the it's-the-owner-not-the-breed school of thought, but this incident completely changed my perspective. This owner was completely opposite to the guy in the OP's story. He was extremely apologetic and seemed completely shocked his dog would do something like that, he's paid the vet bill and has been very sincere in his interactions with me after the incident. Seeing firsthand just how insanely strong and determined these dogs are when they attack, I can now see why these dogs are banned in certain areas. I'm terrified to think of what could have happened if I wasn't there to fight this dog off, or if it perceived my son as a bigger threat than my dog.

PFA Our dog quite literally wouldn't hurt a fly. She was so shocked by the entire incident, she didn't even bark or try to fight back, not that it would have helped.
    It's weird the way some people become obsessed with proving something that isn't true. When these types of dogs snap they maim and kill worse than any other and there's a reason for it. I don't gaf if your little sprinkles is "so good with my sister's new baby" and neither does anyone else.

I used to be friends with a guy who became obsessed with proving these dogs are harmless. I had to drop him from social media and eventually, life. What a weird disorder to be afflicted with, letting a dog breed become your personality.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    NC1

Oh my what a sweet doggo !
    Sorry to hear that’s scary holy
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Completely honest question... you were hammering on the dog's muzzle and it did nothing. What is a better way? Gouge out it's eyeballs? Kicks targeting their kidneys? I've heard of sticking your finger in the dogs buttoned but I don't want to do that ever lol

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyHockey13 View Post
    Completely honest question... you were hammering on the dog's muzzle and it did nothing. What is a better way? Gouge out it's eyeballs? Kicks targeting their kidneys? I've heard of sticking your finger in the dogs buttoned but I don't want to do that ever lol
    Grab it's back legs and twist it's body around.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Short of a firearm, your best bet is to cut its throat or try and choke it out. The chances an average person has of actually getting a pitbull or bully breed to release its bite with their bare hands are pretty low.
    Last edited by KRyn; 02-28-2024 at 03:51 PM.

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

One thing I've heard from an oldtimer is grabbing the loose skin at the scruff of the neck, which every dog has, twist it 180degrees, and pull their head up. It doesn't hurt them but triggers some sort of "mother/child" instinct where dogs were carried around by their moms. It also keeps your hands away from their pointy mouth parts.

Not sure if it would work when the dog is in the middle of such an intense attack, but it's worked for me in more minor situations.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Carry a knife.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Grab it's back legs and twist it's body around.
    This is the way with any dog latched on... Grab the back legs and lift and turn.

My Ride
    NC1

Carry a knife.
    man of solutions
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

Carry a knife.
    I actually do this on my dog walks ever since we were stalked by a coyote. That thing didn't care about me, or that it was half the size of my dog.

This was in a neighborhood in the city - the coyote was in some tall grass near a storm pond, and walked beside us in parallel (about 20ft over) as we walked down the sidewalk. It stayed in the grass. When the grass ended, it just stopped at the edge and stared at us until we walked out of sight. Pretty creepy actually.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    I actually do this on my dog walks ever since we were stalked by a coyote. That thing didn't care about me, or that it was half the size of my dog.

This was in a neighborhood in the city - the coyote was in some tall grass near a storm pond, and walked beside us in parallel (about 20ft over) as we walked down the sidewalk. It stayed in the grass. When the grass ended, it just stopped at the edge and stared at us until we walked out of sight. Pretty creepy actually.
    Your knife would have been useless. The coyote was trying to bait your dog into chasing it, which would lead it back to it's pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Carry a gun.
    I agree
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Trucks

In all seriousness, having been raised on a ranch and hunted coyotes with Irish wolf hounds most my younger years. We’d occasionally cross paths with wolves and the best solution to end a fight is a smaller ball peen hammer. It’s not a scary weapon if you happen to have one in your bag at a dog park, but a tap on the melon of any dog breed will completely stun it, double tap if you need it permanent. No blood and you can be the piti’s frendo.

My Ride
    *The First*

If you want to not sleep well tonight, go ahead and search for videos about this on YouTube.
    Spoiler: you need to kill them or they won't stop. Look at them attacking horses. The horse fucking kicks the living shit out of it and stomps it time and time and time again. The dog will not stop.
    There's another video of a guy winding up like he was swinging the sledge at a midway High Striker game using what looks like a wooden canoe oar repeatedly on the back of some gentle breed. Every single fucking strike you would bet a paycheque that it would snap the spine and cut the poor misunderstood protector in half. But instead, it does nothing. It's like shooting at the T-1000.
    Oh, and you can shoot them, too!! They will still attack unless they're in the throes of death.

It's amazing the tenacity that bad owners can instill in these selectively bred killing machines animated teddy bears.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast