Quantcast
Fatal dog attack, owner gets slap on the wrist - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 270

Thread: Fatal dog attack, owner gets slap on the wrist

  1. #221
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2013 328i, 2020 BMW F900 XR
    Posts
    278
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visualk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't get why people that walk their dogs feel entitled to have them off-leash on pathways where it is not off-leash area. I was jogging on the pathway and this off-leash dog kept chasing after me with the owner trying to catch him. It's so annoying, I had to yell at him to put him on a leash to which the owner responded sorry. What rights does a pedestrian have? It seems useless to call by-law as the person would be long gone.
    The other night we were out walking our puppy and there was a dog loose in the park area by our house. It comes over and scares my pup, so I pick it up. I hear a faint voice yelling for the dog. Apparently he decided to let his dog out of the yard and wander in the park alone. I had to actually herd the towards the voice. Stupid lazy f*kers

  2. #222
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Edmonton area
    My Ride
    Has wheels
    Posts
    1,131
    Rep Power
    35

    Default

    I used to regularly walk my dog off leash before we moved out of town. I would also only do it if there was no one around and often use it as training time. If I saw other people in the area I would toss her leash back on, pretty simple.

  3. #223
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    4,139
    Rep Power
    64

    Default

    Significant monetary consequences that is actually enforced. It is the only way for people to learn.

  4. #224
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Only 15min from Aspen!
    My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore
    Posts
    8,433
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Significant monetary consequences that is actually enforced. It is the only way for people to learn.
    Nah, Busters idea is better. Charge the human with whatever the dog did.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

  5. #225
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Affordable Housing
    My Ride
    Acura Lexus
    Posts
    10,876
    Rep Power
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nah, Busters idea is better. Charge the human with whatever the dog did.
    Can you sue?
    Dog insurance for attacks?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

  6. #226
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Secret City, Alberta
    My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe
    Posts
    669
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    I had a dog come charging out of a house after me once when I was out for a run, I'll never beat that record time.

  7. #227
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Calgary AB
    Posts
    2,455
    Rep Power
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brucebanner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I used to regularly walk my dog off leash before we moved out of town. I would also only do it if there was no one around and often use it as training time. If I saw other people in the area I would toss her leash back on, pretty simple.
    That's fine as long as your dog doesn't decide that this is the day to take an unnatural interest in another persons dog and not respond, then they come running up to my dog who is on a leash and under my control only to find out he doesn't like other dogs and gets an ear ripped. Ask me how I know.

    That is not to say I am accusing you of being a crazy delinquent dog owner or anything, but it certainly can happen and does happen. It only has to happen once and then a dog that was doing nothing wrong pays a price for an owners slip up.

  8. #228
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    The Big Char.
    My Ride
    *The First*
    Posts
    4,236
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Even responsible dog ownership simply isn't worth it, unless you live on a fuckin farm where you can shoot another random dog on sight.
    Ridiculous.

  9. #229
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    9,763
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even responsible dog ownership simply isn't worth it, unless you live on a fuckin farm where you can shoot another random dog on sight.
    Ridiculous.
    Basically this.

    We used to have lots of dogs growing up, but we used them to tree bears on the property and keep them away from the house.

    They were good dogs, but both them and everyone in the family knew their place and purpose.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  10. #230
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    The Big Char.
    My Ride
    *The First*
    Posts
    4,236
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Basically this.

    We used to have lots of dogs growing up, but we used them to tree bears on the property and keep them away from the house.

    They were good dogs, but both them and everyone in the family knew their place and purpose.
    It's such a shame. I could own a dog that wouldn't fuck a bitch in heat unless I nodded. But it doesn't matter because every other pArTiCiPaNt in society is entitled to some retarded killing machine or sloth that is as well-behaved as their Ritalin children.

    I need to purchase an island.

  11. #231
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Turbo stuff
    Posts
    3,418
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    Island not needed, just dig a moat

    And fill it with pitbulls

  12. #232
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Upstairs
    My Ride
    Natural Gas.
    Posts
    13,529
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I could own a dog that wouldn't fuck a bitch in heat unless I nodded.
    Name:  fc22362f-5bd7-4d0d-ac62-ff974476a816_text.gif
Views: 377
Size:  231.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

  13. #233
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Edmonton area
    My Ride
    Has wheels
    Posts
    1,131
    Rep Power
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's fine as long as your dog doesn't decide that this is the day to take an unnatural interest in another persons dog and not respond, then they come running up to my dog who is on a leash and under my control only to find out he doesn't like other dogs and gets an ear ripped. Ask me how I know.

    That is not to say I am accusing you of being a crazy delinquent dog owner or anything, but it certainly can happen and does happen. It only has to happen once and then a dog that was doing nothing wrong pays a price for an owners slip up.
    I agree with your point, it's why she walked beside me while off leash. If I saw other people/animals, sit and leash back on. I never had an incident doing it this way but I was diligent in doing so. On these very same walks, I have had other dogs run up on us out of control (while mine was on leash) and I kicked said dog in the shoulder/chest area as the owner was running trying to catch up. Owner didn't seem to have any issues with my actions in that scenario but I sure didn't care otherwise anyways. We've since moved onto a small acreage, so I don't really have to worry about that scenario anymore.

    1.5~ years ago my wife, little one and I were at a playground and a boxer got loose from a nearby house. Ran out the front door and was totally out of control, lady sent her 12? year old kid to track the dog down. I ended up going to help the kid as neither clearly knew what they were doing. Took a few minutes to track and get it back on a leash but was the best option with my kid (and others) with a dog out of control. I used my own dog as bait to get the boxer back on a leash
    Lady thanked me afterwards, said she was looking after the dog for a friend or something, clearly didn't know what to do with a dog, let alone a high energy boxer breed.

  14. #234
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    9,763
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Meanwhile. In BC

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...-law-1.7177874

    Judge orders shared custody of pet dog under new B.C. law

    Recent changes to B.C. legislation mean pets no longer treated as mere property in custody disputes
    Last edited by killramos; 04-19-2024 at 12:15 PM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  15. #235
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    DT 780
    My Ride
    LEXUS LX470
    Posts
    1,513
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    of course pets are not just property. its not like you can just buy and sell them.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

  16. #236
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    9,763
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    It’s a good thing our courts are focused on these important issues.

    While we simultaneously let criminals walk because we don’t have judicial resources to try them in a timely manner.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  17. #237
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    4,953
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    You ever watch a three leg dog try to take a shit?

    Funniest ten minutes of the week.

    Name:  20240420_170608.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  293.1 KB

  18. #238
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Homeless
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    9,763
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You ever watch a three leg dog try to take a shit?

    Funniest ten minutes of the week.

    Name:  20240420_170608.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  293.1 KB
    Bad take imo
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

  19. #239
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    ute
    Posts
    4,953
    Rep Power
    100

    Default

    Maybe?

    But I still laughed. Tripod squatting looks tricky as fuck.

  20. #240
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    DT 780
    My Ride
    LEXUS LX470
    Posts
    1,513
    Rep Power
    65

    Default

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...ence-1.7195533

    "Defence lawyer Rabie Ahmed had argued his client was a responsible pet owner and said a ban would be unnecessary and punitive. "
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Dog shit & shitty dog owner's

    By treg50 in forum Home and Garden
    Replies: 14
    Latest Threads: 05-01-2015, 11:09 AM
  2. VIDEO: Muslim Gets (pretend) Persecuted After Ottawa Attack

    By broken_legs in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 11
    Latest Threads: 10-30-2014, 12:16 PM
  3. Attack on Canada, U.S is attack on Muslims: imams

    By G-Suede in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 35
    Latest Threads: 01-11-2010, 01:50 PM
  4. Cat Killers get a slap on the wrist

    By bulaian in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 69
    Latest Threads: 09-09-2008, 10:22 AM
  5. Bus driver gets slap on hand

    By snoop101 in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 75
    Latest Threads: 09-04-2008, 08:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •