Quantcast
Putin vs Ukraine. - Page 23 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 23 of 138 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Putin vs Ukraine.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

China taking Taiwan is a foregone conclusion. There is no other outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    I am curious on Putins statement about consequesnces. Going towards Nukes is a big thing for everyone. That changes everything and I wonder if that point China and everyone else will just say cool it. If Putin did go towards nukes, I wonder if his own commanders will follow orders or decline. The nukes set a precident globally it becomes a free for all on each other.

I wonder what would happen if NATO did a mass airstrike on Russian forces IN Ukraine(not Russia). Technically its not on Russian soil. Also as a thought experiment, whats stopping Ukraine firing a missle(non nuke) towards Moscow or another Russian city? Its a hard punch to the bollocks psychologically. If Ukrain falls, it sets a global precident that countries can do whatever and the USA wont do shit. China will take Taiwan. But then again if Russian fails. What happens then?
    You do not escalate wars just to send messages. If Russia for something that seriously impacts the interests of the us or Europe then you do something.

My Ride
    Toyota, VQ35DE, B58

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    I by no means support the war that is happening now, but people seem to forget that Russia and Ukraine and both very well versed in propaganda, they were both of the same machine back in the day. Anyone who blindly believes what Ukraine has to say is the same idiot who blindly believes what Russia has to say.

This video by Sky News was kind of funny. Watched it this morning, at 1:41 you clearly see a dude on the steps with an SS badge on his shoulder....a true patriot of the Ukraine indeed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngSy15kB8kA&t=100s

Attachment 104836

There is so much misinformation going on it's crazy. Ukraine says Russians shot at the residential building, Russia says Ukraine's air defenses were mis-calibrated and shot their own building, you can choose who you want to believe.

Shit like this.....The official Twitter account of the Ministry of Defense for Ukraine posting a video of a SU-35 being taken out by a Mig-29.....from a freaking video game? If anyone thinks that it's only the big bad Russians who are lying in this conflict is sadly mistaken.

Attachment 104837

At least BBC is trying to debunk some of this shit. This is why I stay off Social Media, too many idiots making shit up for views and cred...

https://www.bbc.com/news/60528276

Also this was posted on Reddit and everyone told the guy to delete it.....so it was removed.....they were saying that he was giving away military positions to the Russians....I don't know much more about this but noone seems to be condemning the fact that this is artillery in a residential area. The caption said "Ukraine Army Begins to deploy artillery within residential areas"....I don't care who you are and which country you represent, but that's just fucking low. Using human shields is just fucking pathetic.

Attachment 104838

Anyways, moral of the story, don't trust shit you see online and automatically assume that Ukraine = Angels and Russia = bad guy, they are both pretty fucking evil if you ask me, but what pisses me off is that the news never talk about Ukraine being a shithole with it's own sins, they just paint them all as a victim and freaking saints. Fuck I hate western media haha, they always only show one side of the conflict.

EDIT: Just realized that last picture was posted in the Ukraine subreddid, that's what it was taken down. All Russia has to do is to identify most people on that forum and they would have found all the extremists they been looking for....it's pretty vile shit in there.
    Ukraine is definitely winning on the propaganda front.....https://twitter.com/CAFinUS/status/1...pLER7jNug&s=19

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
    -- Donald Rumsfeld

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    You do not escalate wars just to send messages. If Russia for something that seriously impacts the interests of the us or Europe then you do something.
    Warfare is not just physical, its also psychological. Putin is deemed to be untouchable, his circle is scared of him. If that image is broken, Putin can fall from within.

Its a wakeup call for NATO and Europe indeed. I wonder if sanctions of SWIFT will just push Russia into Bitcoins for transactions.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    Warfare is not just physical, its also psychological. Putin is deemed to be untouchable, his circle is scared of him. If that image is broken, Putin can fall from within.

Its a wakeup call for NATO and Europe indeed. I wonder if sanctions of SWIFT will just push Russia into Bitcoins for transactions.
    What is Russia currently doing that hurts us? Ukraine is not strategic. If our worry is that Russia will now expand the war past Ukraine, then why would we do that first?

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    What is Russia currently doing that hurts us? Ukraine is not strategic. If our worry is that Russia will now expand the war past Ukraine, then why would we do that first?
    That is a good question.
    Its not specifically Ukraine. Think of it like a playground, when one person starts doing what they want, others follow suit. The hold by the major powers to keep some form of stability starts to falter. What is different now is that its not only the USA and Soviet after WWII. The little kids have grown up and are trying to find thier place in the world. China, India. The dynamics of the smaller countries around them changes.
    If we are talking specifically Ukraine, resources and strategic infulence (buffer country). Big powers need a buffer country. Soviets created buffer countires with the Eastern block. That changed. Ukraine was the buffer country for the west and its strategic influnce. If Ukraine falls, that advantage goes goes back east to Russia.

That being said. Its not entirly Russia hurting the west. Europe has become weak. USA has weak leadership. Russia is taking advantage of it.

My Ride
    ute

We don't have to intervene in every conflict. We can declare we don't like certain activities and conflicts - Ukraine is a good example. But we should be very careful about how we choose where to get involved. Every conflict in the world isn't one that is worth our efforts and resources. Ukraine is one of those also.

My new past time. Watching flight radar.
    Seems USA is in the area and British as well. Definitely on standby. I'm sure there's aircraft carriers around there too.
    Name:  Screenshot_20220226-144139.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  101.8 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20220226-144006~2.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  153.7 KB

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Ukrainian Army WFH. Flatten grid square, maybe two grid squares, of Russian troops and be home for babushkas borsch.

This was my laugh of the day...

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    This was my laugh of the day...

He didn't flee.

He was giving the freedumbers the middle finger salute.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Looks like everyone has gotten addicted to sanctions, new ones every day, now with Swift cut off as well. At this point Russia might as well cut off the gas, they can't get paid for it anymore. Also stop selling oil to the Americans, soon enough they will be begging Canada for a pipeline.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Name:  Screenshot_20220226-180709.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  117.6 KB

Hank Scorpio strikes again.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Musk is the best kind of eccentric billionaire.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Accurate.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

*laughs in north korea*
    *Laughs in bombed ocean

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Looks like everyone has gotten addicted to sanctions, new ones every day, now with Swift cut off as well. At this point Russia might as well cut off the gas, they can't get paid for it anymore. Also stop selling oil to the Americans, soon enough they will be begging Canada for a pipeline.
    But the point was to bypass the America's and get a better price????

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Musk is the best kind of eccentric billionaire.
    No shit, eh? He's like a Bruce Wayne without the unrealistic physical ability. Only his toys are bigger.

While there's certainly video getting out of Ukraine, I'm actually fairly surprised on the low volume on Twitter. Normally it's great for up to the second information. There must be tens of thousands of people on the ground filming all this...

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    No shit, eh? He's like a Bruce Wayne without the unrealistic physical ability. Only his toys are bigger.

While there's certainly video getting out of Ukraine, I'm actually fairly surprised on the low volume on Twitter. Normally it's great for up to the second information. There must be tens of thousands of people on the ground filming all this...
    The live feeds out of the cities seem dead as hell, nothing is happening, so perhaps why not much is being filmed? Seems most of the fighting is on outskirts where not as many people maybe. Maybe that's why there is so much misinformation out there, to fill in the void

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

"Just two weeks to flatten the city"

Page 23 of 138 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast