Quantcast
Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine? - Page 151 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Are you getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

265 73.00%
  • No

59 16.25%
  • Undecided

39 10.74%
Page 151 of 365 FirstFirst ... 141 150 151 152 161 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 7282

Thread: Who is getting the COVID-19 Vaccine?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://ourworldindata.org/explorers...ple+vaccinated

Looks like, based on this, Canada surpassed US for first shot.
    I think we're still decently behind on second shot, based on my friends in the US that already have theirs?
    Yeah, Canada is focusing on 1st shot which all things considered is the better route. Get more people with a bit immunity then do second shots when supply is at its peak (June/July). Canada might realistically hit 450k or even 500k vaccines today alone (granted Friday is always the highest day of the week).

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    https://ourworldindata.org/explorers...ple+vaccinated

Looks like, based on this, Canada surpassed US for first shot.
    I think we're still decently behind on second shot, based on my friends in the US that already have theirs?
    On second doses the US is at about 38% while Canada is just under 4%. Only thing holding second doses back in the US is the minimum recommended wait time between doses. It's getting new people vaccinated that's the problem. Their doses per day peaked back in mid-April and has been in steady decline since.

Canada's impressive first dose numbers are basically coming at the expense of second doses. We're pretty close to the EU in terms of doses/100 people (rolling-7 day average), but they have higher second doses while we're sticking to the 'prioritizing getting as many people first doses as quickly as possible' plan (which is more similar to the UK's rollout).

My Ride
    Silverado

who gives a fuck if we have a higher % of first vaccines given out. The majority of states are considered wide open with no mask requirements. If people are getting covid who cares, it's on them. The pandemic is over. How foolish do we look being like woo our first shot % is higher while we are sitting in (90% of a) total fucking lockdown. These fucking liberal cheerleaders trying to show we are doing well at getting vaccinated when in reality all we are experiencing is the federal governments failure to procure enough vaccines.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 369
Size:  42.1 KB

here is what the status is of some of the more restricted states:

Name:  Capture2.JPG
Views: 362
Size:  76.7 KB
    Name:  Capture3.JPG
Views: 363
Size:  63.0 KB

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ronavirus.html

seriously, look at this fucking shit! Palestine and Colombia have managed to fully vaccinate more people!
    Name:  Capture4.JPG
Views: 364
Size:  29.3 KB

We are below the world average in % of people fully vaccinated! Mind boggling.

Name:  Capture5.JPG
Views: 360
Size:  29.5 KB
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 05-21-2021 at 03:27 PM. Reason: To keep kerts panties from bunching

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    How foolish do we look being like woo our first shot % is higher while we are sitting in total fucking lockdown.
    Less foolish than thinking we have been in any kind of lockdown much less a total fucking one?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Less foolish than thinking we have been in any kind of lockdown much less a total fucking one?
    Go die in a fire! You fucking semantic, pedantic twat.

My Ride
    Silverado

https://www.google.com/amp/s/diction...glish/lockdown

a period of time in which people are not allowed to leave their homes or travel freely, because of a dangerous disease:
    It’s important for parents to find ways to keep kids active during lockdown.
    We’ve had weeks and weeks of lockdown with this pandemic, so it’s normal to feel anxious.
    The prime minister placed the UK on lockdown with drastic new measures to fight the coronavirus outbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Go die in a fire! You fucking semantic, pedantic twat.
    This isn’t an issue of semantics, claiming we are in, or have ever been in, a “total fucking lockdown” is just being a complete fucking idiot. I get that these ‘stressful and unprecedented times’ have taken their toll on people but that isn’t an excuse for making up a different reality.

We’d probably be open right now if we had an actual lockdown at any point, certainly a well timed one when it was painfully obvious the third wave was kicking off. We’d be riding these vaccine numbers into a nice, open spring. Throughout this whole thing everything has been done to avoid locking down to balance the economy with health, to the detriment of both. Pretending we’ve locked down isn’t going to change the fact that we never did.

My Ride
    Silverado

: a temporary condition imposed by governmental authorities (as during the outbreak of an epidemic disease) in which people are required to stay in their homes and refrain from or limit activities outside the home involving public contact (such as dining out or attending large gatherings)
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lockdown

Here, another dictionary source. Sorry you're butthurt over my correct use of the word lockdown

: a temporary condition imposed by governmental authorities (as during the outbreak of an epidemic disease) in which people are required to stay in their homes and refrain from or limit activities outside the home involving public contact (such as dining out or attending large gatherings)
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lockdown

Here, another dictionary source. Sorry you're butthurt over my correct use of the word lockdown
    Which also means with this definition, that many of states that are ‘completely open’ are actually still in (total fucking) lockdown. Hell, one of them just allowed golf to re-open, whereas we, Ontario recently excluded, have been allowed to travel to different provinces to golf this whole time.
    Last edited by kertejud2; 05-21-2021 at 03:38 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado

Nah, not worth it
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 05-21-2021 at 03:56 PM.

If only you'd spend the same amount of energy refuting the purpose of my post
    Was the purpose of your post to have a total fucking tantrum?

Lauding how open things are in the states when about 125 million or so people are living in states still with some form of mask mandate and even more with “lockdowns” is kind of weird.

My Ride
    *The First*

Nah, not worth it
    Post wins internet!
    +Rep incoming.

My Ride
    Silverado

No, whats weird is being proud of the fact that we have passed the US in %of people who have had one dose when our vaccination rate is a complete failure compared to the US. Not only are we way behind the US in vaccinations, we are way behind in reopening (from what I don't know).
    I figured I respond considering you had to dig up the post history

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Kert could never be more personally proud than of a government who inserts itself so deeply in people’s lives with minimal existing rationale to do so.

That and any implication that Americans are doing something better than Canadians makes whatever exists between his ears melt.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

We did over 89k doses today woot

My Ride
    ute

I assume kert is paid by the public coffers somehow. Maybe a politician. Perhaps staff or one of their myriad other hangers-on that are parasites....err...."policy experts".

'It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.'

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I assume kert is paid by the public coffers somehow. Maybe a politician. Perhaps staff or one of their myriad other hangers-on that are parasites....err...."policy experts".

'It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.'
    Sounds like the the kind of leech to declare vaccines as being racist or some other drivel
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

No, whats weird is being proud of the fact that we have passed the US in %of people who have had one dose when our vaccination rate is a complete failure compared to the US. Not only are we way behind the US in vaccinations, we are way behind in reopening (from what I don't know).
    Proud? What the hell are you going on about?

It's a notable milestone because of the U.S. vaccine rate, and is something that would have seemed ridiculous to even suggest even a month ago when the U.S. dose rate was at its peak that we could pass them in people with a shot by May Long Weekend. There are posters here who only a couple months ago didn't think they'd get a dose before September or in 2021 at all, and now some posters are getting second doses. So ramping up shots that much is definitely noteworthy, and considering first doses are the main basis for any of our re-opening roadmaps, probably worth following.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Issues managers are more of a conservative thing, which in itself isn't the obstacle. I roll in the right circles to be able to play the part, but I'm not enough of a sycophant to get brought into the inner circle. Which is a shame, it'd be a sweet gig.

My Ride
    ute

Issues managers are more of a conservative thing, which in itself isn't the obstacle. I roll in the right circles to be able to play the part, but I'm not enough of a sycophant to get brought into the inner circle. Which is a shame, it'd be a sweet gig.
    Only conservatives have staffers?

Page 151 of 365 FirstFirst ... 141 150 151 152 161 ... LastLast