Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 844 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 844 of 985 FirstFirst ... 834 843 844 845 854 ... LastLast
Results 16,861 to 16,880 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by Ca_Silvia13 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why does this matter at all to some people? I took a picture of my 2nd Vax paperwork and just show it to people on my phone. Never once had an issue at hockey, job site or the pub. Who cares about an actual passport or QR code it's completely useless.
    Because the people who want a QR code and only a QR code would have everyone believe that there will be rampant fraud without it.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by littledan View Post
    I for one would not want my dob, name, and ab health number available so publicly I.e. built into a qr code. No thanks.
    That's not how this works.

A functioning QR code system will have less data leak than showing random bouncer your DL.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    That's not how this works.

A functioning QR code system will have less data leak than showing random bouncer your DL.
    *assuming they only do a QR code
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    Devil’s advocate, the experts also claimed that covid could not have come from a lab.
    Well, let's face it. There's been lots of guidance from the experts that proved questionable. We believed that surfaces were a significant contributor of the virus, but then discovered that they were not. We were all told to wear masks, yet we still don't have conclusive information on exactly how effective they really are. Governments went into panic mode as soon as the 1st wave started happening, and in retrospect that was an overkill reaction which cost the economy dearly. I think we can conclude that the feds financially supported the public TOO much, in that people were and are opting not to work at all. (I believe it should have been wage-based). We found out the AZ vaccine wasn't the best option, and now those who got it early when it was the first one available (as the government and experts suggested) that it is now causing problems and they aren't as protected.

Science and experts are not infallible. In fact, the very nature of science is to change ideas as more information becomes available. It's the best understanding we have at the time, dictated by people more intelligent than you or I, typically with a lot of history and knowledge on the subject. They were rushed to provide guidance for the entire public to follow, without truly knowing enough. As the dynamic situation changes and more is learned, the guidance changes. As you mentioned, I don't think all this does us any favours as it pertains to how the anti-vax crowd perceives the vaccine. Or the virus itself, for that matter. When they say "The vaccine can make you sick", it's technically true and the fact the negative instances have been kept pretty quiet isn't helping. Now, does it make you more sick than Covid itself? All evidence says "clearly not". But if they are so staunch in their positioning when they don't even have a valid point to make, one can imagine the stubbornness that ensues when there IS a little evidence to support their position.

Personally, I'm going to continue to follow guidance, since it's at least the closest thing to the truth we know.

My Ride
    Bicycle

*assuming they only do a QR code
    BC requires everyone over 12 to show vaccine card. And anyone over 18 to show vaccine card and a piece of government ID. QR code has your name attached and Government ID check to make sure you are proper owner of QR code.

Nothing is stored with QR code or app. Verification app checks central DB only for vax status. DOB is not even exposed.

Now the only thing that I can fathom they do more is adding geotag on the verification app to check for potential multiple use of QR code at multiple locations within a limited time period. Kinda like Pokemon Go antispoof mechanism.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-28-2021 at 04:09 PM.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    Well, let's face it. There's been lots of guidance from the experts that proved questionable. We believed that surfaces were a significant contributor of the virus, but then discovered that they were not. We were all told to wear masks, yet we still don't have conclusive information on exactly how effective they really are. Governments went into panic mode as soon as the 1st wave started happening, and in retrospect that was an overkill reaction which cost the economy dearly. I think we can conclude that the feds financially supported the public TOO much, in that people were and are opting not to work at all. (I believe it should have been wage-based). We found out the AZ vaccine wasn't the best option, and now those who got it early when it was the first one available (as the government and experts suggested) that it is now causing problems and they aren't as protected.

Science and experts are not infallible. In fact, the very nature of science is to change ideas as more information becomes available. It's the best understanding we have at the time, dictated by people more intelligent than you or I, typically with a lot of history and knowledge on the subject. They were rushed to provide guidance for the entire public to follow, without truly knowing enough. As the dynamic situation changes and more is learned, the guidance changes. As you mentioned, I don't think all this does us any favours as it pertains to how the anti-vax crowd perceives the vaccine. Or the virus itself, for that matter. When they say "The vaccine can make you sick", it's technically true and the fact the negative instances have been kept pretty quiet isn't helping. Now, does it make you more sick than Covid itself? All evidence says "clearly not". But if they are so staunch in their positioning when they don't even have a valid point to make, one can imagine the stubbornness that ensues when there IS a little evidence to support their position.

Personally, I'm going to continue to follow guidance, since it's at least the closest thing to the truth we know.
    The issue is that scientists/epidemiologists/etc. are not the ones calling the shots, they provide suggestions then our elected officials and appointed government bureaucrats filter things through policy, which clumsily disseminates the impacts to our lives.

Simplicity would be:
    1. Offer vaccines
    2. If people don’t want to get vaccinated, and they get hospitalized, they get reprioritized from other icu cases
    3. Go on with life

My Ride
    Bicycle

The issue is that scientists/epidemiologists/etc. are not the ones calling the shots, they provide suggestions then our elected officials and appointed government bureaucrats filter things through policy, which clumsily disseminates the impacts to our lives.

Simplicity would be:
    1. Offer vaccines
    2. If people don’t want to get vaccinated, and they get hospitalized, they get reprioritized from other icu cases
    3. Go on with life
    Nobody got the balls to publicly say #2 tho.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Make the 80% suffer for the 20%, peak Canada

My Ride
    ute

I've been saying it for months.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Does triage mean smothering the unvaccinated?

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Does triage mean smothering the unvaccinated?
    If by smother you mean letting them drown in their own lung fluid *if* there is no capacity available, then yes

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea smothering is actually more medical care than I want to give them.

They can choke on their own pillow at home.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Bradley Cooper cloned sniper army?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Simplicity would be:
    1. Offer vaccines
    3. Go on with life
    True enough. There certainly has been a disconnect between the two since this started.

#2 would be a challenge. And, in fact, might be challengable under the Charter as well. If these people complain that going to a restaurant is a "right", you better believe chaos will ensue if they get denied medical care.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

True enough. There certainly has been a disconnect between the two since this started.

#2 would be a challenge. And, in fact, might be challengable under the Charter as well. If these people complain that going to a restaurant is a "right", you better believe chaos will ensue if they get denied medical care.
    I’d rather a court challenge then the ambiguity we see today for everyone who chose to get vaccinated, and by the time it gets through the courts we could have natural herd immunity from covid ripping through the rest of the population. The downsides aren’t really making themselves evident IMO.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Medical care is a right?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

President of Croatia Says We will Not be Vaccinated Anymore

Croatians have been “vaccinated enough” and should be allowed to accept the risks of becoming infected with COVID on their own terms, according to President Zoran Milanović.

President Milanović broke with the majority of his contemporaries in expressing frustration over medical authoritarianism and COVID hysteria pushed by the mainstream media and globalists.

“Croatia is ‘not sufficiently vaccinated,’ unlike the E.U. average. We are only at 50 percent,” Milanović said in recent statements to the press. “I don’t care. We’re vaccinated enough and everyone knows it.”

“We need to know what the goal of this frenzy is. If the goal is to completely eradicate the virus, then we have the goal. I have not heard that this is the goal. If someone tells me it’s a goal, I will tell him he’s out of his mind.”

“I start every day with CNN and those few channels and I wonder if I am normal or are they crazy,” he said. “They spread panic. They do it from the beginning.”

“There is no life without risk, without the possibility of getting sick. People get sick from a thousand other more serious things, and while that’s happening we’ve been talking about COVID-19 for a year and a half.”

Name:  covid-vaccine-virus-meme.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  57.2 KB

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Medical care is a right?
    Tommy Douglas said it was. Depends how you interpret “timely” and “appropriate”.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Medical care is a right?
    Again, we're talking about the perspective of the "other side". If they pay their taxes, a chunk of it goes to the medical system. If they then don't have access to that system, then I can see there being a case to be made that they are being unfairly treated. Is it an actual "right"? Maybe, maybe not. But you better believe that "they" will strongly believe it is.

My Ride
    ute

Again, we're talking about the perspective of the "other side". If they pay their taxes, a chunk of it goes to the medical system. If they then don't have access to that system, then I can see there being a case to be made that they are being unfairly treated. Is it an actual "right"? Maybe, maybe not. But you better believe that "they" will strongly believe it is.
    At best your tax contribution towards the medical system is some form of insurance. And insurance payouts aren't guaranteed, they are contingent.

Page 844 of 985 FirstFirst ... 834 843 844 845 854 ... LastLast