Quantcast
Another car buyer's remorse thread - Page 13 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Another car buyer's remorse thread

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would be chapped if I picked up a new vehicle with damage.

I am, after re-thinking everything, I can't accept the fact I paid a huge amount of money for a car that is going to be basically repaired after. It is no longer new, and there is more to the story that I can't dwelve into yet as I am contacting Infiniti Consumer Affairs about the whole buying experience. Everything that went wrong with this car, went wrong and now regretting buying it and seeing if I can give it back. I will update back when I can. It is far from the issue of my price I paid. If I explained the entire process, you would see why I am livid right now. A few Beyonders know the story as I've been venting to them.

Buying a luxury car, you should have a fanastic buying experience and be happy but my whole deal has gone downhill from the beginning.
    Last edited by dj_rice; 09-02-2017 at 11:21 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

This thread is A+!

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    I am, after re-thinking everything, I can't accept the fact I paid a huge amount of money for a car that is going to be basically repaired after. It is no longer new, and there is more to the story that I can't dwelve into yet as I am contacting Infiniti Consumer Affairs about the whole buying experience. Everything that went wrong with this car, went wrong and now regretting buying it and seeing if I can give it back. I will update back when I can. It is far from the issue of my price I paid. If I explained the entire process, you would see why I am livid right now. A few Beyonders know the story as I've been venting to them.

Buying a luxury car, you should have a fanastic buying experience and be happy but my whole deal has gone downhill from the beginning.
    Here's the thing about "luxury" anything...if you want that blissful feeling, you need to pay for it. Luxury isn't just about the item, it's about not worrying too much about the dollars involved. Kinda like the boat thread - in Shaq's words: rich guys own a nice boat. Wealthy guys just show up and make use of one.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    on a car that new, the paint hasn't faded, so paint matching isn't going to be any issue at all.

Bring it in, get them to swap the bumper, and enjoy your car.

Quit looking for drama LOL
    They arent going to swap the bumper.

Paint match isn't an issue of fade either. You have one paint code, but multiple variations of the same color from teh factory depending when they sprayed the car, so matching paint is almost never perfect. Plus, besides the mix of the paint you have other factors that affect the color. The material it is sprayed on, the thickness, the brand of paint used, even the angle that the paint is sprayed at all can affect the color. When you're dealing with 3 stage and 4 stage colors you can pretty much guarantee it will never match, because A) its pure luck getting that stuff to match and B) no one wants to spend the money on how much time it takes to match it. C) the flip from different angles is impossible to duplicate.

Example: The top shop in Edmonton couldn't match a 4 stage color on a LP640, and nothing on them, cuz that is pretty much impossible to do, but the customer was not happy and wanted to take it to us. I worked at the 3rd best shop in town at that time and we used exactly the same paint as the shop he just had it sprayed at, but we thought we'd give it a go with help from the paint rep. Well, we matched it bang on eventually, but after multiple attempts spraying it, and a full day of screwing with mixing the color. Even after all that screwing with it and multiple attempts, matching it was still a lot of luck. Now the only reason we went through all that trouble was because that car was worth a fair bit, and probably because the owner wanted to see if we could outdo the other shop. I can guarantee you no one is going to go through that same trouble for a $50000 car unless there is something out of the ordinary wrong with the paint match.

As for stuff not matching from the factory. Well, my wife's tristage lexus matches perfect from the factory. So does my BMW. So did my last bmw. It depends on the manufacturer. Now i'll agree most manufacturers will not have their bumpers match the rest of the body, or plastic trim, but some do infact match. Infiniti's generally do match pretty good from the factory.

Also, nothing is more durable than factory paint IMO, especially if you're driving a german luxury car. At my last shop we were spraying the best standox had to offer (mercedes required us to use that), which is a stupidly expensive brand to spray to begin with, but has some neat tech in their clear that activates in the bake cycle to harden up more than normal. Yet it still doesn't duplicate what the manufacturer can achieve for durability because they can bake their paint to far higher temps, because they get to spray cars before they are assembled. I'd prefer a shop not touch painting the bumper at all if it was my car.

Now what is likely to happen here with infiniti is they'll take it to whatever shop does bodywork for them on the cheap and get them to spot repair the bumper. What this means is they're going to stop painting at a body line. This is normally a shit way to fix a car, but in this case its probably the least invasive method of repairing it and what i'd want done myself if its on the very bottom of the bumper. I would not want them to spray the entire bumper personally as it is almost guaranteed to not match since you bought pearl white.

Actually, honestly, I'd tell them fuck it as far as fixing the damage, and i'd leave that 3m/xpel over top of 'the damage that you can't see unless you are bending down'. It's Alberta. film or no film your car is going to get raped if you winter drive it. You should see my 335i after just one winter (Fuck you Edmonton sanding trucks dumping gravel/boulders/razor blades on the roads instead of sand). with our awesomely engineered parking lots you're probably going to drive in to a way too high cement chunk of shit at some point anyway and fuck that lower bumper...

If you really want it fixed though, perhaps tell them you'd like it taken to a shop you use at work and take it to JYC. If the entire bumper has to be sprayed at least taking it there you know you have a good chance of it matching, and if JYC says you can spot repair the bottom, you know its a legit repair to do.
    Last edited by zhao; 09-03-2017 at 12:22 AM.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    They arent going to swap the bumper.

Paint match isn't an issue of fade either. You have one paint code, but multiple variations of the same color from teh factory depending when they sprayed the car, so matching paint is almost never perfect. Plus, besides the mix of the paint you have other factors that affect the color. The material it is sprayed on, the thickness, the brand of paint used, even the angle that the paint is sprayed at all can affect the color. When you're dealing with 3 stage and 4 stage colors you can pretty much guarantee it will never match, because A) its pure luck getting that stuff to match and B) no one wants to spend the money on how much time it takes to match it. C) the flip from different angles is impossible to duplicate.

Example: The top shop in Edmonton couldn't match a 4 stage color on a LP640, and nothing on them, cuz that is pretty much impossible to do, but the customer was not happy and wanted to take it to us. I worked at the 3rd best shop in town at that time and we used exactly the same paint as the shop he just had it sprayed at, but we thought we'd give it a go with help from the paint rep. Well, we matched it bang on eventually, but after multiple attempts spraying it, and a full day of screwing with mixing the color. Even after all that screwing with it and multiple attempts, matching it was still a lot of luck. Now the only reason we went through all that trouble was because that car was worth a fair bit, and probably because the owner wanted to see if we could outdo the other shop. I can guarantee you no one is going to go through that same trouble for a $50000 car unless there is something out of the ordinary wrong with the paint match.

As for stuff not matching from the factory. Well, my wife's tristage lexus matches perfect from the factory. So does my BMW. So did my last bmw. It depends on the manufacturer. Now i'll agree most manufacturers will not have their bumpers match the rest of the body, or plastic trim, but some do infact match. Infiniti's generally do match pretty good from the factory.

Also, nothing is more durable than factory paint IMO, especially if you're driving a german luxury car. At my last shop we were spraying the best standox had to offer (mercedes required us to use that), which is a stupidly expensive brand to spray to begin with, but has some neat tech in their clear that activates in the bake cycle to harden up more than normal. Yet it still doesn't duplicate what the manufacturer can achieve for durability because they can bake their paint to far higher temps, because they get to spray cars before they are assembled. I'd prefer a shop not touch painting the bumper at all if it was my car.

Now what is likely to happen here with infiniti is they'll take it to whatever shop does bodywork for them on the cheap and get them to spot repair the bumper. What this means is they're going to stop painting at a body line. This is normally a shit way to fix a car, but in this case its probably the least invasive method of repairing it and what i'd want done myself if its on the very bottom of the bumper. I would not want them to spray the entire bumper personally as it is almost guaranteed to not match since you bought pearl white.

Actually, honestly, I'd tell them fuck it as far as fixing the damage, and i'd leave that 3m/xpel over top of 'the damage that you can't see unless you are bending down'. It's Alberta. film or no film your car is going to get raped if you winter drive it. You should see my 335i after just one winter (Fuck you Edmonton sanding trucks dumping gravel/boulders/razor blades on the roads instead of sand). with our awesomely engineered parking lots you're probably going to drive in to a way too high cement chunk of shit at some point anyway and fuck that lower bumper...

If you really want it fixed though, perhaps tell them you'd like it taken to a shop you use at work and take it to JYC. If the entire bumper has to be sprayed at least taking it there you know you have a good chance of it matching, and if JYC says you can spot repair the bottom, you know its a legit repair to do.

Its out of my hands now. I've sent a long email to the Happy To Help Team as well as Infiniti Head Office and waiting to hear back on what they want to do to make it right. A car purchase should of never had this many issues from what I went through. Heres one small minor thing I can share, I told them to keep the factory window sticker when they detail it as it was my first brand new car purchase and maybe my last so I wanted to keep it and have it laminated and keep in my records. They ended up throwing it in the garbage/couldn't find it after the detail.

When one buys a brand new car, they expect a brand new car. If I did the damage myself, I would accept it and move on, but I didn't. It was delivered to me damaged and their solution after thinking about it, isn't acceptable. Its all the other issues that went wrong combined with this damage that, enough is enough and I cant just say oh well and lay down anymore. I cant accept the car repaired as I'll always drive it and in the back of my mind its not a new car anymore, its been repaired. I know you may not agree with me here but I know I'm in the right. I paid for a brand new car.
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Thread continues to be very educational and entertaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

To be honest, cars get damaged before delivery all the time that no one knows about. When you have to move a car across the country/world, with probably a few dozen people touching it along the way from manufacturing to shipping, the odds are actually quite high. Nothing is "perfect", doesnt matter if it's a million dollar house or 60k car, sometimes some shit is bound to happen. Just enjoy it and move on imo.

You didn't do thorough research before buying the car, you walked into a dealership and signed within a few hours of being there. That is the worst thing you can do, always sleep on a large purchase, especially when you are financing.

Then you tried to renegotiate the price after they already started the process of transporting your car, and they seemed to take the time to explain the costs to you again. Car arrived on time.

Then you found a minor scratch(?) on the front spoiler and they didn't hesitate to get it repaired, as you said, it's not noticeable unless you crawl down low, so they didn't see it.

Besides you not doing your homework seems like they did their job, sold you an overpriced car at a profit. Pay your note, enjoy, drive safe.

My Ride

https://imgur.com/a/5Yvhu
    https://imgur.com/a/Xqt7l
    https://imgur.com/a/OwRnS

This is the damage found on the car after I took it home. It wasn't a scratch. This was from someone hitting something. I arrived at the dealer, the day the car arrived from the transport truck and I took pictures of it that day, it wasn't damaged that day and was 100% good. It was damaged from the time it was detailed/3M'd in their possession as during the night of delivery I also took pictures before I drove it home and in those pictures when you zoom in, you can see it was damaged already. The damage was more so under the lip hence why I couldn't see anything and maybe the dealer didn't notice it but it is their job to inspect the vehicle is 100% before it is delivered to customer, the damage was not disclosed.

As well, on top of the damage, the detail cleaning done on the car was very poor. I didn't fully examine the car that day before driving home as I was more excited to get in and drive. When it was in my garage and I had more time to look at it, there was small area of dirt when you open the fuel door. There was alot of dirt left over when you open the trunk ledges near the trunk hinges/shocks and along the rear windshield.

https://imgur.com/a/N7RDV
    https://imgur.com/a/60o1u
    https://imgur.com/a/AiG20

The factory window sticker was thrown away after requesting for it to be saved prior to it getting detailed. I had emailed Finance requesting this when I requested the delivery date and time, but this was not relayed to anyone or my Salesguy as he had no knowledge of this request. Now here is the kicker, as my friends work there, they seen the car getting Detailed, and told the Detailer, save the window sticker, of which they said they seen them do, and put into the glovebox. It wasn't in the glovebox the night of the delivery, I assume someone threw it away, perhaps my Salesguy was prepping the car and thought it was garbage, and since no msg was relayed to him, he was none the wiser. Not his fault.

There was also issues getting insurance as I was provided the wrong VIN# from the beginning of the deal, they had some random vehicle on my deal sheet and sold me that random vehicle on paper, and not the vehicle that was ordered from the other dealer. Even on the purchase agreement that insurance used as a "bill of sale" I sent to my Insurance Broker, had the wrong VIN# in it. VIN provided was for a black vehicle they had on the lot, my vehicle was white. My Insurance Broker who you all probably know, mentioned that this was very odd/fishy and wanted me to make sure they sold me the correct vehicle and not to come time to day of delivery and theres a Black vehicle sitting there for me.

There is more details I'm leaving out I can't speak of yet that will paint the whole picture of this horrible experience and would give you the whole idea of why I'm so upset. Everything that could of went wrong, did in all aspects of the purchase. Since I work at a dealer, I've seen customers with less issues than mine flipping the F out and raising hell. So I've remained pretty calm and kept my composure so far but with all the combined issues one after the other, I have to speak my mind now and get it resolved I am not happy, I'm pretty stressed the F out and angry/mad/upset, hardly slept last night and its 6:28am right now and I'm on here writing this post to clarify things.

I know most of you would of flipped your shit and not accepted this car like this, with all the other things that happened. I purchased a brand new car, I was delivered a damaged/dirty car. This was my first brand new car experience, I've worked hard for a long time and been driving the same car for 12 years so this was a huge occasion and it has now forever been tainted and turned me off from buying a vehicle again. If/when this is resolved and Infiniti Consumer Affairs doesn't make me sign a Confidentiality Agreement, I will post up the whole entire experience then you guys will be like wow I can't believe you went through all of that and still bought the car.

Now I don't know what I should do until this is resolved. Stop driving the car and leave it un-touched till then? Or continue driving it? I don't know what Infiniti Canada will want to do. They might even swap me a brand new car? I have no idea what to expect at this point
    Last edited by dj_rice; 09-03-2017 at 09:10 AM.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Yes just turned 21
    I've worked hard for a long time and been driving the same car for 12 years
    You've been driving since you were 9?
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    NC1

Lol well this took another turn.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 12:45 PM.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    Man, I've been wanting to say "congrats on your new car" but keep getting thwarted by your continued troubles.

Just keep driving it, after one day of winter driving or your first parking lot scuff, these little things won't matter at all.

If it makes you feel better, just voice your displeasure once again, then find a different dealer for servicing and enjoy your new car.
    Thanks bro!

For sure I'll have to find a different dealer for Servicing after all this. And what do you know, I work right next door to the competeing dealer LOL. I imagine the selling dealer will not too be happy I have contacted Infiniti Canada.

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Was the name of the dealership named in this thread???...afterall, that kind of is the whole point here isn't it, to warn us not to go there?

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by NissanFanBoy View Post
    Was the name of the dealership named in this thread???...afterall, that kind of is the whole point here isn't it, to warn us not to go there?
    Gotta by Hyatt. OP mentioned working at MB and says that he works right next door.

My Ride
    bus

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Thread continues to be very educational and entertaining.
    Most definately, too bad OP didn't take everyone's advice to walk away and pick up a red sport from Erickson

My Ride
    17 Tacoma trd OR

After skipping everything between the first and last pages...

Quote Originally Posted by never View Post
    This thread is A+!
    Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Also, if he donkey kicks, you donkey punch!

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by never View Post
    You should sell it.
    This.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Quote Originally Posted by redblack View Post
    Most definately, too bad OP didn't take everyone's advice to walk away and pick up a red sport from Erickson
    He had that option?!??!?!??!??!?!?!?!....Wow, those Red Sports are something else, I'd give up driving my stick shift for one of those....maybe. But ya, the Red Sport doesn't even compare...he's going to have a much different kind of remorse soon HAHAHAHAHA

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

I feel like there is no way you can enjoy this car anymore.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast