Quantcast
Argentina's President Javier Milei addresses the World Economic Forum - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Argentina's President Javier Milei addresses the World Economic Forum

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Buster and DavidI are acting like a couple of fetuses
    It's a shame you don't care about your basic rights and freedoms.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    Do you think people who know they have a cancerous tumour wait for it to triple in size before deciding to have it removed?

I legit have zero fucking clue what you're trying to get at.
    Why do you think that nobody in Canada even offers abortions past 24 weeks?

Hint: it's because many people, including apparently all providers, take the very reasonable position that viability confers inalienable rights on a fetus.

A true libertarian makes these determinations based on first principles rather than relying on supreme courts or even legislation to form their positions for them.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Name:  giphy.gif
Views: 197
Size:  446.3 KB

You just continue to confirm you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

https://www.arcc-cdac.ca/media/2020/...-in-canada.pdf

Abortions across the entire gestation period occur - look at the stats. Provinces even fund travel for out-of-province or out-of-country abortion when there are no local clinics providing them.

My "outlandish views on the topic" have been the status quo for nearly 40 years... You're so ignorant of the situation it's hilarious. Still waiting for the reference to that "abortion law" you referred to, by the way.

If it's such a big issue that the majority disagree with then you'll have to tell me why it hasn't been challenged so far. The SCC decision was in 1988...

I always thought you were one of the intelligent ones but I guess that aura is gone.
    I will say, it's rather ironic that you're calling down Religious fundamentalists, but arguing this topic exactly the way religious people argue religion.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Why do you think that nobody in Canada even offers abortions past 24 weeks?

Hint: it's because many people, including apparently all providers, take the very reasonable position that viability confers inalienable rights on a fetus.

A true libertarian makes these determinations based on first principles rather than relying on supreme courts or even legislation to form their positions for them.
    They perform them. They're just worried about radicals like you firebombing the clinics or harassing staff and such so when they're done in Canada they're performed in secrecy in rotating hospitals and by different doctors. Provincial governments prefer to just pay for them to go to the US to avoid dealing with you nutters.

And you want a libertarian state without laws or even basic rights and freedoms? You're describing anarchism - not liberalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I will say, it's rather ironic that you're calling down Religious fundamentalists, but arguing this topic exactly the way religious people argue religion.
    Except I don't give a fuck about religion. I only care about protecting our basic freedoms from state interference. That's the whole contradiction that caused this trainwreck - Milei wants a hands-off liberal state except for religious social issues like abortion where the state dictates all. Do you think forced vaccination is a religious issue too?
    Last edited by davidI; 01-23-2024 at 02:21 AM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

This thread is an abortion of good bytes.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This thread is an abortion of good bytes.
    Agreed. To try and get it back on track and away from the hypocritical pro-lifers, let's look at the success of Milei getting rid of rent controls...

https://capx.co/argentina-offers-a-t...re-a-bad-idea/

All while Jagmeet is tweeting about how the NDP will "lower rent" by putting them in place.

One of Milei’s first acts in his decree scrapped these damaging regulations for all new contracts. Rents will now be decided in free contract negotiation, meaning no more central bank indices capping rent increases. He’s also scrapped the three-year minimum contract length while making it legal for rents to be paid in foreign currency (i.e. dollars), providing landlords a hedge against inflation.
    Already the reduced risks to landlords is leading a rebound in the rental supply. Broker Soledad Balayan has shown a 50% rise in notices for traditional rentals since the decree. A host of other sources, including the Argentine Real Estate Chamber, have confirmed large supply jumps. Perhaps unsurprisingly, reports show new rental prices falling, by between 20 and 30% so far.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Agreed. To try and get it back on track and away from the hypocritical pro-lifers, let's look at the success of Milei getting rid of rent controls...

https://capx.co/argentina-offers-a-t...re-a-bad-idea/

All while Jagmeet is tweeting about how the NDP will "lower rent" by putting them in place.
    I think when CAD is as worthless as PESO, we probably need to do this. Their circumstances is unique. But yes rent control is bad. Ontario abolished it for building 2018 and older and not people there want it to be applied to everything again.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-23-2024 at 03:57 PM.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    I think when CAD is as worthless as PESO, we probably need to do this. Their circumstances is unique. But yes rent control is bad. Ontario abolished it for building 2018 and older and not people there want it to be applied to everything again.
    The currency issue is completely separate from the rent issue.

The currency has declined because they've allowed it to move to its actual market floating rate (close to the black market rate) rather than the fake rate they were trying to prop up.

Except I don't give a fuck about religion. I only care about protecting our basic freedoms from state interference. That's the whole contradiction that caused this trainwreck - Milei wants a hands-off liberal state except for religious social issues like abortion where the state dictates all. Do you think forced vaccination is a religious issue too?
    That one went over your head a bit. It's all good, I'm not particularly interested in arguing the other sides points. I was just letting you know that if you don't acknowledge and counter point their arguments, you've essentially lost the debate by default. You can argue that the law is the law, because the law says so(like the way bible thumpers like to claim the bible is divine because the bible says so), all you want. It doesn't change the fact that 85% of people disagree, and laws can be changed.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    That one went over your head a bit. It's all good, I'm not particularly interested in arguing the other sides points. I was just letting you know that if you don't acknowledge and counter point their arguments, you've essentially lost the debate by default. You can argue that the law is the law, because the law says so(like the way bible thumpers like to claim the bible is divine because the bible says so), all you want. It doesn't change the fact that 85% of people disagree, and laws can be changed.
    There's an abortion thread where you can share your made up statistics.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4