Quantcast
Can anyone or does anyone know fix for Xbox RROD? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone or does anyone know fix for Xbox RROD?

My Ride
    240SX KA-T

Default Can anyone or does anyone know fix for Xbox RROD?

Can anyone fix it for a case of beer?
    Or supply a tutorial for fixing it, etc.

Yes I tried the towel, it worked for about a month but now it won't.

Tried to send it in, but bought it second hand so they want to charge me 200$ "Out of warantee fee"

My Ride
    240SX

Call again, bitch the fuck out of them, and then they will more then likely lower it or take it off.

or get a receipt from someone/somewhere and then call again

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=fM4TEIZqOso .. pretty easy

I bought my second 360 used and it's being repaired right now

My Ride
    TLX

Default Re: Can anyone or does anyone know fix for Xbox RROD?

Originally posted by 240SX92
    Can anyone fix it for a case of beer?
    Or supply a tutorial for fixing it, etc.

Yes I tried the towel, it worked for about a month but now it won't.

Tried to send it in, but bought it second hand so they want to charge me 200$ "Out of warantee fee"

How are you out of warranty? It doesn't matter if its second hand, all 360s have a 3 year warranty. The 360 came out in November 2006 I believe?

My Ride
    240SX KA-T

Originally posted by beecue
    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=fM4TEIZqOso .. pretty easy

I bought my second 360 used and it's being repaired right now
    Do you think you could do this for me for any bottle of liquor / case of beer you'd like? hahah

If anyone can do the fix with the x clamps, pm me I pay in booze.

Originally posted by SkittleFreak
    Call again, bitch the fuck out of them, and then they will more then likely lower it or take it off.

or get a receipt from someone/somewhere and then call again
    Haha tried that already, didn't work unfortunately.

My Ride
    240SX KA-T

Default Re: Re: Can anyone or does anyone know fix for Xbox RROD?

Originally posted by KK07

How are you out of warranty? It doesn't matter if its second hand, all 360s have a 3 year warranty. The 360 came out in November 2006 I believe?
    Not sure, talked to the people twice, two different people, both said I had to pay 180 out of warranty fee. I was under the same impression, guess not.

My Ride
    I like. :)

I think I read somewhere that you can wrap a towel around it.

This doesn't make sense. Like someone mentioned, why would it matter if it's second hand. Warranty is warranty, and RROD is all under warranty still.

And how do they even know you got it second hand? Did you tell them??

Cuz they never ask for a receipt since all 360's are under RROD warranty anyways.

Default Re: Re: Can anyone or does anyone know fix for Xbox RROD?

Originally posted by KK07

it's actually nov of 2005. on another note does anyone know how to cause the rrod. My xbox just recently conked out on me and doesn't read any discs. Only the RROD is covered under the 3 year warranty, all other problems is 1 year. So i want the RROD so i can send it in for free.

Default Re: Re: Re: Can anyone or does anyone know fix for Xbox RROD?

Originally posted by BigDannyCool

it's actually nov of 2005. on another note does anyone know how to cause the rrod. My xbox just recently conked out on me and doesn't read any discs. Only the RROD is covered under the 3 year warranty, all other problems is 1 year. So i want the RROD so i can send it in for free.
    try the towel trick and leave it on for a couple of hours

My Ride
    240SX KA-T

Originally posted by treg50
    I think I read somewhere that you can wrap a towel around it.
    Read my first post, tried that already, it works but messes your box more and more each time. And it starts working less as you do it more till the point you have to burn the thing.

Originally posted by anarchy
    This doesn't make sense. Like someone mentioned, why would it matter if it's second hand. Warranty is warranty, and RROD is all under warranty still.

And how do they even know you got it second hand? Did you tell them??

Cuz they never ask for a receipt since all 360's are under RROD warranty anyways.
    I will give you the serial code, and any information you need to make a claim, you call them and see. They ask for the serial number, I gave it, the previous owner registered it so when they asked for my personal information as the first thing and it didn't match the registered serial number, they realized something was up, and asked if it was second hand, I said yes, they said unfortunately now you have to pay out of warantee fee. I made a big deal about it, nothing. Called back a different time, same shit.

Originally posted by BigDannyCool

The cause is a warping in your motherboard. The heat sink heats the x-clamps that keep the board stiff, and they bend, then your board bends. Overheating it makes them hot and reform back to flat, for a short time till they cheap out and warp again. That's at least what I was told with videos found that fix RROD by replacing the x-clamps.

My Ride
    Model S

go to walmart, buy 360, take unbroken 360 out of box, put broken 360 in box, return to walmart. make sure to swap the hard drives too so you keep your data.

then walmart will send it back to them for you as defective merch, and youll have a new one instantly.

if they want to use BS to deny you a legitimate warranty because they made a shitty product, you can still get it back to them, just gotta be creative!

My Ride
    240SX KA-T

Wouldn't that not work because they'd link the serial number on the box to the receipt?

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Wouldn't that not work because they'd link the serial number on the box to the receipt?
    I think the majority of them are too lazy to check it.

My Ride
    2001 Honda S2000 Turbo

I wouldn't risk that Fraud with Walmart. The customer service return desk is calling in on every Xbox return. Meaning they will call Microsoft to verify the Serial # before taking the return. Your system will be flag right away since it was originally registered. Walmart started doing this because they were having a shit load of broken and banned xbox being swap and return. You can go to Rona or Home Depot and get some screws and washers and fix it yourself like I did. I Did like 10 RROD xbox repair for people and all are still running. Make sure you use good thermal paste.
    Here is a link of the guide that will show you.

http://thecoupondepot2006.com/Disassembly_Guide.pdf
    http://thecoupondepot2006.com/Xbox_360_repair_guide.pdf

Depending on how you remove the X clamp from the 360 it might not be reuseable again (you won't need it anyway). If the DVD drive is fuck, well buy one off ebay for around $60 and don't throw out your broken one yet. You need to dump the firmware off the old one to retrieve the Serial # from it. You need the serial # to flash the firmware back to the new drive. The Dvd drive and the xbox motherboard serial # has to match or it will not load anything. And i'm not talking about the serial # on the xbox case.
    Last edited by 2urr; 05-06-2008 at 11:48 AM.

i know two different people that fix the RROD, one send its out to the states and has the motherboard reheatsinked so basically its a new board, it adds lead to the motherboard or somin which actually eliminates the RROD for a second time, i watched it on some xbox site video of the guy doing it, and then xclamps it and everything.

the other i dont know what he does but i know the xclamps are also involved.

but sorry dude, both charge around 80-100 to fix.

if you still want some contacts i could provide them.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Originally posted by natejj

I think the majority of them are too lazy to check it.
    they can't be too lazy, they have to scan the serial int o their system, then upon return, they have to scan it again and it must match or it won't allow them to do it.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

I will give you the serial code, and any information you need to make a claim, you call them and see. They ask for the serial number, I gave it, the previous owner registered it so when they asked for my personal information as the first thing and it didn't match the registered serial number, they realized something was up, and asked if it was second hand, I said yes, they said unfortunately now you have to pay out of warantee fee. I made a big deal about it, nothing. Called back a different time, same shit.
    I said they didn't check receipt, but yes they do check serial numbers. I didnt think that the previous person registered it already. Is it possible for him to call in or was it a stranger that you bought it off of?

they can't be too lazy, they have to scan the serial int o their system, then upon return, they have to scan it again and it must match or it won't allow them to do it.
    That's not the issue. When you purchase the xbox from walmart or whatever retail place, they'll scan the outside of your box. These guys are suggesting switching out the xbox, and when they return it, its still the same outside of the box that'll be scanned. but what the employees are supposed to do is check to make sure the serial number on the box matches the one on the console, and natejj was saying they are usually two lazy to do that.

want to sell the xbox?

My Ride
    240SX KA-T

My girlfriend just bought me one, so I will sell this if anyone want's it. It's actually working currently, turned on about 6 times in a row now after I towel'd it. Who knows when it will gip out again. Anyone want to buy it PM me a price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast