Quantcast
Beyond.ca Battlefield 3 server - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: What type of server do we want?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • 32 - CONQ

4 9.30%
  • 32 - RUSH

4 9.30%
  • 32 - RUSH CONQ

8 18.60%
  • 40 - CONQ

2 4.65%
  • 40 - RUSH

3 6.98%
  • 40 - RUSH CONQ

6 13.95%
  • 64 - CONQ

9 20.93%
  • 64 - RUSH

3 6.98%
  • 64 - RUSH CONQ

21 48.84%
  • Harcore

9 20.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond.ca Battlefield 3 server

My Ride
    rally pig

Installing R6 right now and reverted the server back to Normal mode.

My Ride
    Grimace

Well I am going to go work out then I will be back to boot people who kill me

Just sent the money! Thanks again man!
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    05 Civic

Sent mine just now as well

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by schocker
    There is a player who has issues with hc...........
    lol
    I agree though that keeping it HC might keep public from joining to fill up the server.

HC no skill snipers! Woo! I seriously need to learn how to fly in this game haha. Or learning how to play first would be a good start.

We should arrange a night to just level up and continually steal flags back and forth haha.

My Ride
    rally pig

Originally posted by schocker
    There is a player who has issues with hc...........
    lol
    I agree though that keeping it HC might keep public from joining to fill up the server.
    I understand his frustration though, personally even myself don't enjoy HC in a full 32/64 conquest, especially with vehicles.

right now the mode I enjoy playing the most is HC-TDM which is 12v12 infanty.
    32 HC rush is ok too but yeah.. I'm not a big fan of vehicles either.

plus I bought this new Razer Deathadder which while it looks great and supposed to be excellent, I can't get the hang of it. I seem to like my g7 way more despite the malfunctioning buttons
    Last edited by taemo; 10-31-2011 at 07:31 AM.

My Ride
    a tank

hey anyone know how much data transfer it needs playing multiplayer?
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    TLX

I sent the money as well last night

My Ride
    05 Civic

Quick question, how are the admin setups going to go? Is there certain levels of admin access?

I feel I am pretty tech savy, so if you ever need an extra hand configuring/running the server, I am always willing to try and help out.

Good, I'm not the only one who's not a fan of vehicles.... I dunno I get people enjoying the air combat since they MOSTLY just fight each other (least the planes), but when you're playing conquest and a tank parks its butt on a point and there is no anti tank around it gets annoying. I found in BC2 they had more of those rocket turrets you could use - i've only found maybe a handful in ALL maps in BF3
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    05 Civic

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    Good, I'm not the only one who's not a fan of vehicles.... I dunno I get people enjoying the air combat since they MOSTLY just fight each other (least the planes), but when you're playing conquest and a tank parks its butt on a point and there is no anti tank around it gets annoying. I found in BC2 they had more of those rocket turrets you could use - i've only found maybe a handful in ALL maps in BF3
    I agree with this, and when I do play the bigger games of conquest, I usually find myself sticking soley to engineer, and usually only using vehicles. I wish all classes had some way of taking out tanks, but when I am assault/recon, and a tank parks itself right beside me, it is a pretty helpless feeling.

I do enjoy being in a tank watching enemies spawn around me and raking up the kills thoguh All is all, I would have to say that true Battlefield style play is with teammates and working together to take out vehicles/capture points. They made this REALLY hard to do though considering that you can't even pick your squad, or even talk in game (half the time the voice chat doesn't even work in the party system). It amazes me that in a game where teamwork is so important, that it seems as though an effective way to communicate has been left out. I really hope they get their shit together.

I do miss BF2's create your own squad thing so you could always be playing with buddies, now I have to wait for a spot to open in my friends squad for me to ninja in.

My Ride

Money sent.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by KRyn
    I seriously need to learn how to fly in this game haha. Or learning how to play first would be a good start.

We should arrange a night to just level up and continually steal flags back and forth haha.
    yeah a night maybe to close the server and practice flying rotor and fixed wing stuff only, i didn't find flying aircraft to be hard at all, but coming from other military FPS sims like ARMA2, it just felt pretty easy to get into BF3's flight engine. if we at least can get most ppl on the platoon to at the very least get their air-to-air missiles and be able to fly a minimum of 30 seconds without reverse looping into the forest i think that we'll already be 100x better than the general population lol

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

i found that even when we have done 4vs4 in grand bazaar we are kind of stat padding, i forgot who it was but by the end of it they had 12k points or something crazy like that.

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    but when you're playing conquest and a tank parks its butt on a point and there is no anti tank around it gets annoying. I found in BC2 they had more of those rocket turrets you could use - i've only found maybe a handful in ALL maps in BF3
    yeah kinda like what i do, everytime, lol

i too am amazed with the lack of stationary TOW or KORNET emplacements in important places, i could think of at least 5 places there should be one in caspian alone, moreso i'm confused as to why no AA stationaries at all in the game, most ppl in AA vehicles don't do anything remotely close to what their vehicle's main function is and 3/4 of the time no one carries the Igla or Stinger.

and with regards to VoIP in battlelog, it works, but if you want proper comms within your squad you need to first get into a squad in-game, then alt-esc out and make a party with only those people, if you had a party of everyone in game it'd be 15-32-64 etc ppl yapping all at once. ridiculous setup by DICE.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

I am a bigger fan of HC because it prevents rocket spamming like i saw last time I played on our server.

There was rockets flying everywhere. In HC mode this has repercussions because you team-kill when you try to play that way.

Either way I am good just dropping my 2 cents.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride

Closing off the server for some flying practice is a great idea. Actually, I don't think i have ANY points for any air vehicles

My Ride
    05 Civic

Originally posted by n1zm0

yeah a night maybe to close the server and practice flying rotor and fixed wing stuff only, i didn't find flying aircraft to be hard at all, but coming from other military FPS sims like ARMA2, it just felt pretty easy to get into BF3's flight engine. if we at least can get most ppl on the platoon to at the very least get their air-to-air missiles and be able to fly a minimum of 30 seconds without reverse looping into the forest i think that we'll already be 100x better than the general population lol

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    I used to be that guy in BC2 , but found when I first flew the helicopter in BF3, it seemed much easier. I think it just might be the fact that I understand how it works now, as compared to before, where I had no idea what I was doing. Flying practice is a good idea though, and make sure to set vehicle respawn times to instant if we are going to be doing this.

My Ride
    rally pig

^ continuosly capping flags is easy 250 points right there.

Once you have admin rights, you can connect to the server and actually start playing by yourself.
    I did play a round 1v0 on conquest large and I capped all 5 points, then tried to fly the heli and jet (which I suck even with an xbox controller )

after 15min or so I won with 3k points

command in procon console is
    Code:
    vars.roundStartPlayerCount 1
    mapList.restartRound
    just don't forget to revert it back to
    Code:
    vars.roundStartPlayerCount 8
    after you're done

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by taemo
    Once you have admin rights, you can connect to the server and actually start playing by yourself.
    Level 50 here I come
    I did notice at about 2am, there were 11 people playing on the server, so the public does know it is there!

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Originally posted by taemo
    ^ continuosly capping flags is easy 250 points right there.

I did play a round 1v0 on conquest large and I capped all 5 points, then tried to fly the heli and jet (which I suck even with an xbox controller )

after 15min or so I won with 3k points

command in procon console is
    Code:
    vars.roundStartPlayerCount 1
    mapList.restartRound
    just don't forget to revert it back to
    Code:
    vars.roundStartPlayerCount 8
    after you're done
    You are kidding? Let's organize some free exp nights so we can get the unlocks rolling!
    Anyone rocking a joystick to fly the aircraft? I am thinking about picking one up.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast