Quantcast
Attn: R35 GT-R owners. Help please. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Attn: R35 GT-R owners. Help please.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Default Attn: R35 GT-R owners. Help please.

So I'm coming down to the point where it's time to buy a big boy car.

How would you rate the overall "Fit" of the car?

I'm a bigger guy (6'3" 225lbs) and most cars with sloping roofs just don't fit me right.

There are seat lowering adjustments? Will the seat on the lowest setting make for bad blind spots?

Since this is an auto car, I finally don't have to worry about toe/heeling. ALMOST every car I've driven my knees are to close to the steering and put my hips out of square to much to be able to toe/heel correctly.

Has anyone dyno'd this car in calgary? In theory only the power under the curve should be affected at our elevation, but the turbo's 'should' see 95% power or so at boost. Albeit they will work much harder.

Any pre-mature turbo failures because of this?

This may be more suitable to the GT-R forums, but I don't want to go be a douche over there yet.

Discussions.

Finally if someone can find me or knows of someone with a white one who is thinking of selling it, let me know. I might start a thread offering a finders reward.

Thanks.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

You're a little bigger than me, I'm 6'2" 200lbs, and I fit fine. There's no (usable) back seats, so there's tons of room to move back. Legroom wasn't a problem for me at all. Don't remember blindspots, I just passed people before changing lanes haha.

The car is retarded fast in Calgary, even bone stock. Feels way the hell faster than a NA 500hp car. I'd say it's making full sea level power.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

I'm 5'10 and I feel like I'm in a huge car, my buddy who was driving me is 5'9 and he had the seat pulled up half way.

Sent you a PM btw

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

My Ride

You're a little bigger than me, I'm 6'2" 200lbs, and I fit fine. There's no (usable) back seats, so there's tons of room to move back. Legroom wasn't a problem for me at all. Don't remember blindspots, I just passed people before changing lanes haha.

The car is retarded fast in Calgary, even bone stock. Feels way the hell faster than a NA 500hp car. I'd say it's making full sea level power.
    That's good news.

I was thinking of the perf. package C63 in comparison, but now I know the Gt-R should have much more pull here.

I figured the car would be close to full power here, the spool time would be off a little.

How did it compare to the 996 Rage? I also have a 997.1 911 on my list, but that guy is the 3.6 with 480 HP.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Originally posted by shadowz
    I'm 5'10 and I feel like I'm in a huge car, my buddy who was driving me is 5'9 and he had the seat pulled up half way.

Sent you a PM btw
    Responded.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Ram

Gtr is retardedly fast at our sea level. Lots of room and trunk space. Definately get the accessport with tcm so it fixes the clunking transmission. Not a big fan of parking that car in public. You see alot of greasy prints on it after

Depending on what year in Calgary on airboys dyno. Stock gtr makes 420awhp. With down pipe. Y pipe and tune. You will be around 480

Edit: oh after rage posted. I would recommend getting new tires. As the oem ones don't feel too good
    Last edited by Sorath; 01-23-2013 at 12:44 PM.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

R35 is a huge car. You will fit fine.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Darkane
    I was thinking of the perf. package C63 in comparison, but now I know the Gt-R should have much more pull here.

I figured the car would be close to full power here, the spool time would be off a little.

How did it compare to the 996 Rage? I also have a 997.1 911 on my list, but that guy is the 3.6 with 480 HP.
    The GT-R will murder a C63 Black Series in Calgary. It's something like 100hp difference to the ground, and it feels that way haha.

Comparing to the 996TT, both cars are extremely easy to drive fast. The GT-R feels more nimble in the dry because the 996TT (really, all 911's) love to understeer especially coming out of corners because there's no weight up front, so you feel like you're running out of grip. The GT-R gives you this invincibility feeling on the street because it's got so much grip in every situation and you have to be doing something incredibly stupid to go over that limit on the streets.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

Originally posted by Sorath

Gtr is retardedly fast at our sea level. Lots of room and trunk space. Definately get the accessport with tcm so it fixes the clunking transmission. Not a big fan of parking that car in public. You see alot of greasy prints on it after

Depending on what year in Calgary on airboys dyno. Stock gtr makes 420awhp. With down pipe. Y pipe and tune. You will be around 480

Edit: oh after rage posted. I would recommend getting new tires. As the oem ones don't feel too good
    Can you elaborate on the clunking tranny? I thought as the model years increased so did the smoothness of the Transaxle. Is this true?

I suppose that wouldn't help me with a '09 however.

The GT-R will murder a C63 Black Series in Calgary. It's something like 100hp difference to the ground, and it feels that way haha.

Comparing to the 996TT, both cars are extremely easy to drive fast. The GT-R feels more nimble in the dry because the 996TT (really, all 911's) love to understeer especially coming out of corners because there's no weight up front, so you feel like you're running out of grip. The GT-R gives you this invincibility feeling on the street because it's got so much grip in every situation and you have to be doing something incredibly stupid to go over that limit on the streets.
    Good to know.

Alrighty I think I know where I'm heading now.

Thanks boys.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

Had no idea you were so big lol 6'3 225!
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Ram

Tranny still makes a clunking sound when you're starting the car. But when you make turns at low speed the car jerks alot. After flashing the tcm mod. It no longer does that

mine was a 2011, so yours being an 09 will definately do it
    Last edited by Sorath; 01-23-2013 at 01:19 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by max_boost
    Had no idea you were so big lol 6'3 225!
    I'm fat though right now lol.

Gotta get back around 205-210 10%.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Originally posted by Sorath
    Tranny still makes a clunking sound when you're starting the car. But when you make turns at low speed the car jerks alot. After flashing the tcm mod. It no longer does that

mine was a 2011, so yours being an 09 will definately do it
    Thanks.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Post pictures DD. The car that you might be buying and of yourself. We want to know what our fitness guru looks like!

My Ride
    2013 GTR BE, 2010 Jeep SRT8

Just bought a White 2013 BE a couple weeks ago... I am only 5' 10" and fit with plenty of headroom. The seats dont lower as much as I would like (Last car was a G37s that lowered quite a bit) but there are plenty of other adjustments, blind spots arent bad at all on lowest setting. As I sit right now the back of my seat is touching the front of the rear seat, so if you have really long legs this may be an issue.

What model year were you looking for and price range? I would avoid MY09's if possible ... saw a white 2011 recently with 40k for $60k. but for that price I'm guessing something is up (its about $10k or more less than comparables)... its on Autotrader now, private seller. If anything get the diagnostic report done from Nissan as a condition of sale, it will tell you how hard the car was driven down to how many times Launch Control was used, and time spend driving in certain oil temperature ranges!

Any other questions feel free to ask, Been doing research on this car for several months now leading up to my recent purchase!

Good Luck, you will love the car at this altitude!!

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by bigbadboss101
    Post pictures DD. The car that you might be buying and of yourself. We want to know what our fitness guru looks like!
    forgot the /nohomo... or maybe not?

My Ride

Originally posted by ercchry

forgot the /nohomo... or maybe not?

I'm no fitness Guru, more of a diet guy.

Warcaster is the fitness dude.

Besides I'm way to fat and hairy for pics right now. It's winter! hah

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Originally posted by dawwgy
    Just bought a White 2013 BE a couple weeks ago... I am only 5' 10" and fit with plenty of headroom. The seats dont lower as much as I would like (Last car was a G37s that lowered quite a bit) but there are plenty of other adjustments, blind spots arent bad at all on lowest setting. As I sit right now the back of my seat is touching the front of the rear seat, so if you have really long legs this may be an issue.

What model year were you looking for and price range? I would avoid MY09's if possible ... saw a white 2011 recently with 40k for $60k. but for that price I'm guessing something is up (its about $10k or more less than comparables)... its on Autotrader now, private seller. If anything get the diagnostic report done from Nissan as a condition of sale, it will tell you how hard the car was driven down to how many times Launch Control was used, and time spend driving in certain oil temperature ranges!

Any other questions feel free to ask, Been doing research on this car for several months now leading up to my recent purchase!

Good Luck, you will love the car at this altitude!!
    Thanks for that. Yeah I saw the white one for 60k.

Tried contacting him. No e-mail response and phone seems to be disconnected.

Agreed, it is below market value as well.

The car is definitely going to the dealer for a black box report. If the VDC was off at any time and the seller lied about it, well now I'll know

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Originally posted by dawwgy
    If anything get the diagnostic report done from Nissan as a condition of sale, it will tell you how hard the car was driven down to how many times Launch Control was used, and time spend driving in certain oil temperature ranges!

Seriously? I wish I knew that a year ago, the thought of buying one and then having the tranny fail because previous owner launched it every week scares me about these cars.

How bad is the maintenance? Is it true that every 20,000km or so they have to flush the tranny with $100/L fluid? Besides that anything else unusually expensive?

PS: Congrats on the car

Originally posted by 94boosted

Seriously? I wish I knew that a year ago, the thought of buying one and then having the tranny fail because previous owner launched it every week scares me about these cars.

How bad is the maintenance? Is it true that every 20,000km or so they have to flush the tranny with $100/L fluid? Besides that anything else unusually expensive?

PS: Congrats on the car
    Dunno about the flush intervals but the GTR does have its own special little flower tranny fluid that costs like $500 or something each time you change it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast