Quantcast
981 Cayman/Boxster GTS - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 981 Cayman/Boxster GTS

My Ride
    Grimace

Default 981 Cayman/Boxster GTS

Porsche announced these two new models this morning.

Each model gets a 15hp bump, revised faschias, sport exhaust, PASM, PDLS, some blacked out lights, the good 20" wheels (Carrera S) and I think some different seats. Basically it is about $10k more for about $12k+ in desierable options. Seems pretty good and in Cayman GTS trim, has 340hp like the base carrera! Doesn't start on fire though....

Now to wait for the 991 GTS!

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/03/19/p...-gts-official/

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    click for larger version
    click for larger version

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Loving what Porsche is putting out these days, minus the self igniting cars.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I'm still used to cars with the screen in the center console. I think it looks better too.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

I love the Cayman, but when I saw it for 112k at the auto show I was really shocked. It's amazing how much you can option one out to...

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by A790
    I love the Cayman, but when I saw it for 112k at the auto show I was really shocked. It's amazing how much you can option one out to...
    Porsche just lets you choose whatever options you want which is nice, carbon whatever, alcantera whatever, custom colors, leather everything, PCCB, etc.

The best cayman I have seen though is Gabe of Valve:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...onversion.html

991 C2S swapped w/ X-51 power kit and C2S brakes
    Last edited by schocker; 03-19-2014 at 11:45 AM.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Originally posted by schocker

The best cayman I have seen though is Gabe of Valve:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...onversion.html

991 C2S swapped w/ X-51 power kit and C2S brakes
    Freaking amazing I wish Porsche would make this car.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by A790
    Both in the show are S and it's not hard to get into 911 territory with options.

Overheard from the sales that Porsche owners are already bitching about Macan for bringing people like me into the fold of Porsche ownership, lol.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Xtrema
    Both in the show are S and it's not hard to get into 911 territory with options.

Overheard from the sales that Porsche owners are already bitching about Macan for bringing people like me into the fold of Porsche ownership, lol.
    They bitched about the boxster and cayenne though too
    Porsche is interested in making money, especially now being owned by VW. Gives them more money for things like the 911, 918 and the racing programs which I see as worth it.

The bmw's were optioned up wayyyyyyyyyy harder than the porsches though

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

You can double the price of a Boxster with options alone last time I checked.

The Porsche people were generally not very friendly when we asked about the Macan at the auto show and when they would have one available to test drive.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

What about the Macan that they are not happy about?

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

It's not the car they are unhappy about, it's the PEOPLE that it brings in... (that's what xtrema is saying)

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by TYMSMNY
    It's not the car they are unhappy about, it's the PEOPLE that it brings in... (that's what xtrema is saying)
    It's only $4000 cheaper than a base Boxster, still a fairly expensive vehicle, most people who buy one aren't going to be poor rednecks.

I think people are just upset they will see more Porsche badges around.

Originally posted by HiSpec

What about the Macan that they are not happy about?
    Porsche owners in general (certainly long time owners of 911's) are not real fond of change or new things. Subtle changes often result in bitching and complaining by the die hards. They all bitched about how the Cayenne would fail, and how it was a disgrace to an iconic brand. They didn't like the Cayman or Boxster either, the attitude was sure it's a good car but it's not a 911. Most got over it, but the Macan flicks at that nerve again. I believe the Macan will be a great seller, and in time the hardcore Porsche guys will learn to live with it. I'm a 911 owner who comes from a family that has had a Porsche of one kind or another for as long as I can remember, it's always been this way. 911's are the only true Porsche, modifying them is sacrilege, and anything other than a 911 is a lesser Porsche.

I like what they are doing..,

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

Porsche owners in general (certainly long time owners of 911's) are not real fond of change or new things. Subtle changes often result in bitching and complaining by the die hards. They all bitched about how the Cayenne would fail, and how it was a disgrace to an iconic brand. They didn't like the Cayman or Boxster either, the attitude was sure it's a good car but it's not a 911. Most got over it, but the Macan flicks at that nerve again. I believe the Macan will be a great seller, and in time the hardcore Porsche guys will learn to live with it. I'm a 911 owner who comes from a family that has had a Porsche of one kind or another for as long as I can remember, it's always been this way. 911's are the only true Porsche, modifying them is sacrilege, and anything other than a 911 is a lesser Porsche.
    All these Macans, Cayennes and Panameras allow them to still have the 600 variants of 911s

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-31-2019 at 02:45 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

Come on Stanley lol you were able to afford a Porsche a long time ago. Unless you mean they don't want us fobby looking Asians driving them....well, too late! lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    100K for a Cayman is too much.... I wouldn't mind a stripped down track version of it for a discount price actually. Of course they did that... then slapped an "R" sticker on it and jacked the price up 20K.

Oh Porsche.... why?
    Jokes on you, the GTS comes well equipped and sport suspension is free! You can build it now on the website! $85,800 + tax & fees. Cayman R was only a few thousand above the S though...

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Cayenne is their biggest seller I believe, can't argue with that kind of success for the brand

I think the Macan is going to do wonders for expanding the Porsche ownership and loyalty base, they need an entry car that can be a DD in summer... and winter to do that.
    Absolutely agree. It's ironic to say the least. Hardcore 911 owners wouldn't have anywhere near the performance, multitude of 911 variants, racing programs etc if it wasn't for the sale of vehicles other than 911's. I think we're going to see lots of Macans on the road, maybe at the expense of Cayenne sales actually.