Quantcast
Tattoo's in the corporate workplace - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo's in the corporate workplace

Default Tattoo's in the corporate workplace

I'm sure there is a thread here somewhere but I couldn't come up with anything.

What is everyone's opinion of visible tattoo's in the workplace?

Dilemma: I work for an oilfield services company in a predominantly Engineering/ Technical Sales focused role. Our group is wanting to do a "Hawaiian Shirt Friday" and I'm conflicted as the majority of Hawaiian shirts are short sleeve and I have a 3/4 sleeve tattoo. My tattoo is pretty tasteful in my eyes as its a "Great Moments of Canadian History" themed piece with symbols of our history throughout.

I wear long sleeve's every other day, but I am curious what Beyond's perception of them are.

Edit: Mods I accidentally posted in the wrong location, can you please move to the "Careers" section.
    Last edited by vengie; 08-22-2017 at 10:51 AM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Personally, I think you should own yourself with confidence and never think twice.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Nothing wrong with a Canadian themed tattoo. Monday will come around and it's business as usual again IMO.

My Ride
    Exploded.

It's fine. So long as it doesn't have gang affiliations, then you're good.

My tattoos don't give me grief on 'Casual Fridays' and I've worked in very suit-and-tie places.

Have a lot of friends who have half sleeves but no one with full sleeves so I don't know if it is perceived differently but they have had zero issues thus far.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:02 AM.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

i wear short sleeves every day at work(EPCM), only time i wear long sleeves is with a big client meeting, and that's more so just because it's dressier not to cover up my tattoo. half the time i roll the sleeves up cause im a big sweaty fucker anyways haha.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally, I think you should own yourself with confidence and never think twice.
    Absolutely this!!!

I would personally never work somewhere that they would judge me on anything but my abilities to do my job well. If having tattoo's means you are not good at your job then so be it, but it has never hindered my ability to be professional. It is amazing how many exec's start rolling up there sleeves of whatever and showing me their ink when they think nobody is looking! lol! I always have a little laugh as I think they should not be worried about what others think. Your work should speak for itself, and if it does, fuck 'em...

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

More and more CEOs, CIOs, Board Members have tattoos these days, they are far more common than 20 years ago. I wouldn't worry about it. If they say it was inappropriate you'll know for the future, I can't imagine anything worse coming from it than that.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    Absolutely this!!!

I would personally never work somewhere that they would judge me on anything but my abilities to do my job well. If having tattoo's means you are not good at your job then so be it, but it has never hindered my ability to be professional. It is amazing how many exec's start rolling up there sleeves of whatever and showing me their ink when they think nobody is looking! lol! I always have a little laugh as I think they should not be worried about what others think. Your work should speak for itself, and if it does, fuck 'em...
    Exactly, I have a full sleeve and wear t-shirts/short sleeves to work everyday. Our clients still decide to spend 6 and 7 figures with us.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    ute

Nobody finds tattoos noteworthy or edgy anymore. Nobody cares

My Ride
    This and that.

I don't have any visible ones with a full sleeve shirt even though I have a half sleeve and another in the middle of my arm. Obviously the back one no one ever sees. I don't care if it's visible when i am at the office. On hot days when I am not seeing any clients I will wear a simple t-shirt or something then they are visible but only when I am not seeing clients. I know of a lawyer who has his both arms full sleeves but even that you can't see when he's in court cause the shirt and suit jacket covers them.

Name:  10014b803dc877e276a3bb05cb7ca571--tattoo-pain-chart-women-fun-things.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  29.7 KB

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

No problem man, especially at a service company. Own it with confidence and if anyone wants a closer look, give them a quick tour.

Should increase your chances of office romance about fifteen percent.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Name:  10014b803dc877e276a3bb05cb7ca571--tattoo-pain-chart-women-fun-things.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  29.7 KB
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

There are Oilfield Service Sales guys without Sleeves?

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I have a tattoo on my forearms. Own it.
    Nobody gives a shit. It's more about how you hold yourself with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    More and more CEOs, CIOs, Board Members have tattoos these days, they are far more common than 20 years ago. I wouldn't worry about it. If they say it was inappropriate you'll know for the future, I can't imagine anything worse coming from it than that.
    Pretty much.

It's either a policy they have or they don't. If it's the latter, then they can't really give you much shit. If it's the former, then it's an outdated policy that probably requires changing anyway, especially in a services company.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

I have 3/4 sleeve on one arm, full sleeve on the other arm. I wear short sleeve (polo, golf, etc) shirts 4 days a week. Only thing I've noticed is that I catch people looking at them, I feel like it is how a chick with a nice rack must feel.

To me, face, arm, and hand are the no-go zones now. We have lots of upper management (directors at least) and no one has said a thing. I am just respectful about it. I'd never go to a big client meeting without a full sleeve shirt but even then I might roll up the sleeves later depending on how it goes. Met with a high up lady at a municipality with full sleeves, about 3 minutes into the meeting I undid the cuffs and rolled them up. I've been in company propaganda with the tattoos and never caused me an issue.
    Cos...

My Ride
    06 S2000

I have a full sleeve on one arm, and a small piece on my wrist/forearm of the other arm. I work downtown Calgary for a medium oil and gas company, within IT. I've never had a single issue, comment, or look based on it. I regularly roll up my dress shirt sleeves, and wear short sleeve polo's.

Neck/Face/Hand are off limits in my mind, everything else is pretty fair game.

My wife is an accountant for a Natural Gas midstream company, she has a full sleeve, and regularly wears sleeveless shirts as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast