Quantcast
Kent Hehr - Done - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Kent Hehr - Done

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Default Kent Hehr - Done

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/liberal-ca...185155294.html

Accusations of lewd comments from a decade ago = end of your career. I'm no fan of this guy in general but if that's truly all that happened I can't say that I agree with it.
    Last edited by Masked Bandit; 01-25-2018 at 05:41 PM.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

He works for a feminist PM, and that PM needs to keep his reputation.... because it's 2018. Understandable.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Not a fan of the guy, just one greasy dude milking his disability.

Still 2 conservatives and 1 liberal taken down just on accusation alone. This mob justice shit has to end.

In some way or another this will be turned into discrimination towards the disabled and will get a payout. Kent will figure out a way to have us pay.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This mob justice shit has to end.
    Right?! Are there really that many dirtbags out there running around assaulting women or are things just being way overblown? And digging up shit like this from a decade ago? Come on. Sexual harassment wasn't okay back then either so if it wasn't worth reporting then, why is it coming up now?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    ute

Was it on beyond or somewhere else that I read about what a shitbag this guy was...and he ran around being a massive douche, with a horrible reputation, and finally pissed off the wrong person and caught a bullet through the trunk of his car. Maybe that wasn't here.

I dunno. When you have to warn woman who get hired to be careful around him when you are alone or in an elevator or whatever I think its time he steps down.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    I dunno. When you have to warn woman who get hired to be careful around him when you are alone or in an elevator or whatever I think its time he steps down.
    Easy way to eliminate the "awkward Kent Hehr elevator conversation" though.

Take the stairs.

My Ride
    KTM

Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    easy way to eliminate the "awkward kent hehr elevator conversation" though.

Take the stairs.
    hahahahahahahaha, so bad

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Whats more incredible is the Patrick Brown story. Absolutely UNBELIEVABLE. No credible accusations, not even a criminal charge or investigation. Two anonymous chicks made a complaint to CTV and thats it

Career and reputation ruined, just in time for the Ontario elections. Unreal this fucked up world we live in.

Edit-
    The complaint is he was hitting on some chicks that were drunk. Like wtf?! They may have been 17, not illegal, but at worst just a creep.

My Ride
    something green

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    Whats more incredible is the Patrick Brown story. Absolutely UNBELIEVABLE. No credible accusations, not even a criminal charge or investigation. Two anonymous chicks made a complaint to CTV and thats it

Career and reputation ruined, just in time for the Ontario elections. Unreal this fucked up world we live in.

Edit-
    The complaint is he was hitting on some chicks that were drunk. Like wtf?! They may have been 17, not illegal, but at worst just a creep.
    I dunno, my opinion on it is its probably a hit job from within his own party, he hasn't exactly been a star politically, his only attribute to voters is not being Wynne. Good way to get someone else in before the next election.
    Too loud for Aspen

In general, it's the new version of a witch hunt.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Wonder what Dick Hehr has to say about this.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

He's been on a downward spiral for a while now, so this makes it a pretty easy one for the Grits.

They can accept his "resignation" from cabinet and banish him to the backbenches while there's an investigation which shows they're taking it seriously, but he isn't booted altogether. He's still an MP, still in caucus, still earning a nice paycheck, so it isn't really the end of a career, just a respectful move out of the limelight as an investigation is done. If he's clear he might not get a cabinet spot back but he can easily be brought forward 'a row' quietly, if he isn't then he really is out, and the Libs were able to show that they only did so after the investigation was done. 'The way it should be done' or however they want to paint the message.

Throw in the fact that Patrick Brown is dominating the news cycle for something similar in Ontario makes the timing as lucky as possible for the Liberals, who have needed to get Hehr out of cabinet anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    Right?! Are there really that many dirtbags out there running around assaulting women or are things just being way overblown? And digging up shit like this from a decade ago? Come on. Sexual harassment wasn't okay back then either so if it wasn't worth reporting then, why is it coming up now?
    Why now instead of a decade ago? Well for some people, it will take a long time to openly admit or discuss something from their past that they have struggled with for all of those years.

Let's put it this way, if your wife or mate, with whom you have a committed relationship, confided to you that she had been placed in an awkward situation whereas some man had done something to them that would be considered unwarranted possibly even an chargeable offence - what would you do? Would you tell her to keep it to herself or start down the path where she can hopefully kill the demons which have been haunting her for so many years?

Here is a similar scenario, what if about a decade ago you happened to be see some inebriated person leave a pub, get into their car and driver away - you opted to follow this drunk driver but decided not to call 911. You watch the news later that night and it is reported that a drunk driver ran a red light and killed two young pedestrians, you figure out that the drunk driver in that situation was the one you had opted not to report, just by the description of the car and the locale and where it was reported that the drunk driver had last been seen drinking. You still did nothing but internally wrestled for your decision for years as the drunk driver was only charged with minor offences and never really was charged the way they should've been because of not enough evidence.

Fast forward a decade and you're at a family get together and you find out that your brother-in-law had had his two kids by another marriage killed by a drunk driver and then you connect all the dots together and you realize that that drunk driver was the one you opted not to report ten years earlier. Your decision from that night could've very well meant that those two kids would be alive today. That drunk driver is now a politician of some sort but your information still could very well lead to the drunk driving case being reopened with the drunk driver most likely receiving and being found guilty of the real offences they committed that night.

What do you do now? Keep quiet and continue to fight the demons within or do you reveal the information you have?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post

Edit-
    Yeah that’s pretty unreal. All over the news here, obviously. I can’t believe how as soon as an accusation is made, it’s like it’s guilty and boom, done.

How is this even reportable news? I don’t think it is. His career is over, and he probably did nothing wrong. I think it becomes reportable if he’s charged, sure, but this is kinda bullshit.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by 95EagleAWD View Post
    Yeah that’s pretty unreal. All over the news here, obviously. I can’t believe how as soon as an accusation is made, it’s like it’s guilty and boom, done.

How is this even reportable news? I don’t think it is. His career is over, and he probably did nothing wrong. I think it becomes reportable if he’s charged, sure, but this is kinda bullshit.
    Like HiTemp says, the accusations itself are well, not really sexual assault. Take a drunk chick home, ask for a BJ, get one. The other case was taking a drunk chick home, kissing her, she says no, and that was it. I mean if THAT's unacceptable, all men are fucked.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

While I don't know the specifics of the Brown case (none of us do except what the press has reported), what I'd like to know is whether or not the accusers have gone to the police before the press - that would be the proper route, no?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

10 years ago I worked part time during University for a Home Builder in town, assisting the Interior Designers. One of them routinely made inappropriate comments such as "Mmmm...If only I were 10 years younger...". I guess this means I've been a victim of lewd comments and could go destroy someone's career!
    Last edited by freshprince1; 01-26-2018 at 10:02 AM.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

Quote Originally Posted by freshprince1 View Post
    10 years ago I worked part time during University for a Home Builder in town, assisting the Interior Designers. One of them routinely made inappropriate comments such as "Mmmm...If only I were 10 years younger...". I guess this means I've been a victim of lewd comments and could go destroy someone's career!
    About a week ago on 770, I heard of some woman's group that wanted to make it illegal (sexual harassment) for a man to say to a woman such things as, "That dress looks great on you", or, "I like your hair". No mention about what would happen if a woman said that to a woman.

Like I said, it has become a modern day witch hunt.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast