Quantcast
Flights over 10+ hours (i.e. do you hate flying? regardless cabin choice) - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Flights over 10+ hours (i.e. do you hate flying? regardless cabin choice)

Every time I have been offered a pod upgrade it has been ~$2500 per person, per way. So round trip would add about $5K to each person's ticket price, which is enough to go on a month long trip somewhere special or to send two people to a Sandals resort for a week. At least for now, I suffer economy It's really not that bad if you can get an addictive show on your tablet or if you can sleep. If you were super tall and/or fat I can see how it might be a much less pleasant experience.

I do often pay for premium economy when the opportunity presents itself, a couple hundred bucks for the extra leg room to stretch out is usually worth it for longer flights depending on the particular aircraft's seat pitch.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luckily the girls I have dated are all about that cheap economy class flight but then they hit me up good when we go shopping so end of the day, same shit diff pile. Just a matter of how you wanna spend your coin. Planning a trip right now with one of the gfs and she gets a buddy pass hookup so she'll be in business class while I hang out in economy haha

One of the GF's? how many are there?

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    The major wealth demarcation line is whether or not you can fly private exclusively. If you are under that line, then everybody has the same shit (a car, a house, vacations, etc), it's just different variations of nice. Flying private - that's life changing. I'm not jealous of rich people...but I am jealous of people I know who have enough money to fly private.
    And then there's people with their own planes...my neighbor has his own jet. That's when you go from fuck you money to fuck everyone money!

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

I've done the commuter thing to London/Aberdeen for 4 years now and unless you are on Sing Air, it's all the same shit. United's new Polaris on their 787 is better than before, and Delta has the best wine list. I'm with Kobe that the worst part about long haul flying is the connector. I'm hoping in the next 10 years, jet sharing gets to the point where the plebs can tap into the "free" capacity of private jets

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Considering even the shortest of flights are 5 figures just the cost of being in the air I son’t see how that would help.

Took a ride on a friends jet back from Phoenix just to get it back to Calgary once and I think just the fuel and pilots were a 30k touch.

Factor in true sharing costs of the plane and I don’t see how even sharing will really help move the needle on cost to fly private.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe View Post
    Xanax and I sleep

Not so much hating long flights but I hate connecting flights and having to wait and airports, I really try to avoid that as much as possible..

Layovers on international flights are the worst. Especially when you have to go through security again (ie. in Heathrow or Frankfurt) and it's busy af

My Ride
    This and that.

To be honest as with lots of things, it's about value with me. I am not a cheap person and if you talked to my family they'd tell you how stupid I am with money, but I don't think I would want to shell the extra coin to fly business class or private. Unless obviously you get to the point where you're so loaded that you have no idea where all your money is coming from and spending $50K or something is like chump change. But even then, I just can't be sure. For example, as mentioned above if flying private for 2 people adds $5K to the trip, it's not that I would cheap out on the economy tickets to save the $5K, in fact I'd end up spending that $5K (or more) at a nicer accommodation, shopping, watches whatever the hell else thing that I actually see value in. Usually something tangible that I will have to show for the $ instead of a seat where I sit for a few hours and then it's gone. lol

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by G-ZUS View Post
    Layovers on international flights are the worst. Especially when you have to go through security again (ie. in Heathrow or Frankfurt) and it's busy af
    Go steal some lounge passes from people that have 'em. Showers, unlimited booze, fast wifi makes even a 4 hour layover a breeze.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Go steal some lounge passes from people that have 'em. Showers, unlimited booze, fast wifi makes even a 4 hour layover a breeze.
    This. Priority lounges are freaking God send. At times I feel that 3-4 hour layover isn't long enough when we are hanging out in there. lol.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Is there a priority lounge in YYZ International side that you can pay for? I have to fly to Ireland in 2 weeks and I have a 6 hour layover at YYZ :/

I dont mind flying economy on long haul flights because the planes are so much bigger, and the toilets are bigger. I have no idea how a bigger person can use the new Air Canada toilets that are at the back of the plane (the toilets are now side by side and feel very tight)

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

^ There is a Priority Pass lounge I think.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    To be honest as with lots of things, it's about value with me. I am not a cheap person and if you talked to my family they'd tell you how stupid I am with money, but I don't think I would want to shell the extra coin to fly business class or private. Unless obviously you get to the point where you're so loaded that you have no idea where all your money is coming from and spending $50K or something is like chump change. But even then, I just can't be sure. For example, as mentioned above if flying private for 2 people adds $5K to the trip, it's not that I would cheap out on the economy tickets to save the $5K, in fact I'd end up spending that $5K (or more) at a nicer accommodation, shopping, watches whatever the hell else thing that I actually see value in. Usually something tangible that I will have to show for the $ instead of a seat where I sit for a few hours and then it's gone. lol
    I sleep like a baby on planes. Normally I'm asleep before we are lifting off. So if I'm in one of the fancy classes, I usually miss the whole experience anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    Is there a priority lounge in YYZ International side that you can pay for? I have to fly to Ireland in 2 weeks and I have a 6 hour layover at YYZ :/
    https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...8-1a18e47193a3

My Ride
    Blue boy

I was talking about security between flights and waiting in line at those airports, that usually takes up quite a bit of time as its always super busy. Im not sure I know anyone with priority lounge passes, do they get you through security faster as well?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by G-ZUS View Post
    I was talking about security between flights and waiting in line at those airports, that usually takes up quite a bit of time as its always super busy. Im not sure I know anyone with priority lounge passes, do they get you through security faster as well?
    Business class and higher have a priority line, and that's it. Even my altitude status can't get me through any faster if I'm flying economy.

Security hasn't been a huge issue for me, even on my 1.5 hour layover in FRA, I'm able to go through security at B, eat my McRib at McD's, leave B, and do security at C again with time to spare.

I take those McRib's seriously haha.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

I usually fly this whenever possible.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Kidding.. peasant class for me. Have the money for business class.....my values won't allow me to splurge.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    For example, as mentioned above if flying private for 2 people adds $5K to the trip, it's not that I would cheap out on the economy tickets to save the $5K, in fact I'd end up spending that $5K (or more) at a nicer accommodation, shopping, watches whatever the hell else thing that I actually see value in. Usually something tangible that I will have to show for the $ instead of a seat where I sit for a few hours and then it's gone. lol
    The upgrade for ~$5K is only one way for 2 people. It would be ~$10K+ for 2 people if that was a round trip. Most trans-Atlantic business upgrades are $2500 per person per WAY (my experience is mostly Air Canada and their business 'pods'), plus whatever you paid for the Economy ticket ($700-900 or so probably). So you are looking at some pretty serious money there. As you say, you could upgrade your holiday activities and accommodation tremendously if you are willing to spend that money but can tough out the 10hrs in Economy. You could also go on 1-2 additional very nice 2 week holidays for that money.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Nah bro. Those days with the Asian Baby Girls are long gone / done. Them White NE girls are just happy to go anywhere. Oh Mexico? Best BF EVER!!!
    One day we're going to have to make a thread filled with purely max_boost's posts

My Ride
    Blue boy

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    One day we're going to have to make a thread filled with purely max_boost's posts
    We need a new section named Ask MB instead of Ask Leo

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    Disappointed that I didn't get credited for my wisdom and philosophies.

I equate that to when I dated NE girls years ago, providing the bare minimum was baller to them. max_boost will be just fine.
    Raj masta knows what’s up lol

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast