Quantcast
2019 E63s - Finally here! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2019 E63s - Finally here!

Great car, this was one of the 3 cars we considered before we bought our LC500, we didn't want to wait, and an LC500 deal fell into our laps easily. Silver/Grey is my favorite color for cars, that's the exact color I'd want for mine.

Nice winter tires, you're braver than I am, driving that in the winter (due to other drivers, not you).

Beautiful.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Wow congrats !!! OMG I am drooling #futuregoals
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

That thing is gorgeous. Congrats!
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

He was running the renntech tune, we figured it would be faster than a 650s in a straight line.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was running the renntech tune, we figured it would be faster than a 650s in a straight line.
    I love the e63s, it's on my list...but I don't think it would be close to the Mclaren.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

They're totally different animals. I was comparing to the 650s because we had just driven around in his dads earlier in the day and the E63S felt faster on the butt dyno. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it is actually faster in a 1/4 or 1/2 mile.

My Ride
    changes daily :D

here is a video showing both cars accelerating, the e63s seems to have the advantage to about 140km/hr and then the mclaren slowly edges away......

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    They're totally different animals. I was comparing to the 650s because we had just driven around in his dads earlier in the day and the E63S felt faster on the butt dyno. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it is actually faster in a 1/4 or 1/2 mile.
    ya, I'm just going off claimed stats. A stock 650s is a low/mid- 10s care in the quarter mile. Which is faster than renntech's claim. The 60-130 claimed times are like 2 seconds off.

Sick color! Congrats
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

Congrats on the new car man! Love the magno selenite.

Aren't you supposed to hard break-in these things? I remember reading that other AMGs burnt less oil and made more HP when they hard a hard break-in, but maybe it's different with the TT engines vs the old 6.2L.

Car looks awesome, congrats.

My Ride
    ute

Aren't you supposed to hard break-in these things? I remember reading that other AMGs burnt less oil and made more HP when they hard a hard break-in, but maybe it's different with the TT engines vs the old 6.2L.

Car looks awesome, congrats.
    It's a can of worms on the breakin stuff. My view is that the engineers designed the thing and probably know what's what. All evidence I've seen to the contrary is anecdotal.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    It's a can of worms on the breakin stuff. My view is that the engineers designed the thing and probably know what's what. All evidence I've seen to the contrary is anecdotal.
    If I remember correctly, rage2 said the guys who actually dyno'd their cars and did a heard break-in were making more HP than the guys who did a soft-break-in. I am not sure how big the sample size was, but I found that interesting. Again I think this was with the older 6.2L though so it might be different for the TT.

My Ride
    ute

If I remember correctly, rage2 said the guys who actually dyno'd their cars and did a heard break-in were making more HP than the guys who did a soft-break-in. I am not sure how big the sample size was, but I found that interesting. Again I think this was with the older 6.2L though so it might be different for the TT.
    There might be reasons why the AMG engineers would recommend a worse break-in than other options. I just can't think of what those reasons might be.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

I just don't know how anybody has the patience for a recommended break-in.

When I drop a ton of cash on a fast car, I'm definitely getting that bitch up to redline several times before 1000km lol.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    My view is that the engineers designed the thing and probably know what's what.
    My view is the company that has to pay for anything during the warranty period wants you to baby your car as much as possible so they're not on the hook for it if anything breaks. If they could somehow come up with a clever marketing strategy to convince people to just drive their cars around the block or let it sit in the garage for the entire duration of the warranty period, I bet they would.

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    My view is the company that has to pay for anything during the warranty period wants you to baby your car as much as possible so they're not on the hook for it if anything breaks. If they could somehow come up with a clever marketing strategy to convince people to just drive their cars around the block or let it sit in the garage for the entire duration of the warranty period, I bet they would.
    This is exactly what I have always assumed, and it makes sense at least in my mind haha. They only care what happens in the first 4 years, and if they can get you to baby it for a portion of that time, they improve their odds of not having to fix something major.

Also I have been on dozens of test drives in brand new vehicles where I am told to drive it like I stole it, and then they turn around and sell that car to someone who is then instructed to baby it for however many km lol.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I have always followed the break in on my cars, I agree with Buster that the engineers know what they are talking about, none of them have ever burnt oil or had issues.

I think more important than avoiding kickdown and 4000+rpm is making sure to vary driving parameters during the break in period. Meaning run the engine all the way through all of those 4000rpms every time you drive it, engine brake back down through the range. And always let the oil warm up. Plenty of fun to be had for the first couple weeks within the parameters.

Probably the worst break in you can do is just get in and drive the thing to Edmonton and back a couple times on cruise control at 1400 rpm.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I was doing 0-60 launches and measurements with 20km on the clock lol.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    This and that.

Congrats!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast