Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 293 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 293 of 985 FirstFirst ... 283 292 293 294 303 ... LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,860 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Attachment 91110

Man, and I thought the oil and gas industry was bad at predictive modelling...
    The COS for these models are easily 20%.
    O&G project COS is at least 60% with a lot fewer data points. Haha

Suggests bioavailable Vitamin C and D. So, tinned milk is probably the best virus survival food?
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Exploded.

This one I don’t know so curious if there are experts: when running a restaurant or something that’s capacity-based, do you aim for the break even point to be 50%? Can a restaurant break even at half capacity?

Is it better to focus on delivery when things reopen or definitely run at half?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    This one I don’t know so curious if there are experts: when running a restaurant or something that’s capacity-based, do you aim for the break even point to be 50%? Can a restaurant break even at half capacity?

Is it better to focus on delivery when things reopen or definitely run at half?
    Obviously rent is a fixed cost... but stuff like food and staffing would be volume based... if rent is still being subsidized and same with staffing I would imagine 50% capacity would still be profitable, especially if demand is there as the “rush” hours would potentially be extended

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If they are open for take-out, it's a net positive to have people eating in even at less than 50% capacity.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Wonder how many places will convert directly to ghost kitchens.
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Yeah but the author doesn't use his real name. Therefore every word in the article is completely fake...............
    Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    no no no, only MAIN STREAM media articles, allowed...... pseudo names automatically make the article invalid!!!

(as if a name makes any difference to the accuracy of an article)
    So an 'article' that basically summarizes a MSM article (https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/co...1c0e96ad17da60) and adds a bit of sensational commentary, somehow proves that ZH is quality journalism? that's cute.

Why not just read the source article and draw your own conclusions instead of just accepting ZH's opinions where they pick and choose certain facts that fit their narrative?

FWIW I also agree the CCP is a piece of shit whose actions (coverup) caused us to be in the mess we are in, but i don't need Tyler Durden to tell me that.

My Ride
    ute

who ever said that ZH was quality journalism?

Not even ZH would claim they are journalists.

ZH plays the odds. US manufactured, stolen by China, accidentally released - the going conspiracy theory.

If true though, I would tend to condemn the people who manufactured more than the guy who stole it or the guy who dropped it. If a US city had napalm dropped on it, yes - I would put a certain amount of blame upon Louis Fieser, a decent amount of blame on the guy who actually dropped the bomb (John McCain), as well as the commanding officer that said to do it.

But its obviously not the way it works.

BTW: Its pretty obvious to me that most Influenza mutations happen inside of the guts of chickens and pigs (both carrion eaters given the chance) which means - naturally occurring. Realistically its far more likely for a deadly strain of any disease to come from a chicken or pig than a bat. Its just that it seems that they decided to study and mutate the bat virus in a lab - allegedly because it was less likely to jump to human exactly because we do not use it as a primary food source.

I mean really, take a whole chicken - take off all the feathers - paint it brownish black and then put it side by side with a bat. Other than the webbing difference - I can see people eating it every day.

Last edited by ZenOps; 05-03-2020 at 11:22 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    So an 'article' that basically summarizes a MSM article (https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/co...1c0e96ad17da60) and adds a bit of sensational commentary, somehow proves that ZH is quality journalism? that's cute.

Why not just read the source article and draw your own conclusions instead of just accepting ZH's opinions where they pick and choose certain facts that fit their narrative?

FWIW I also agree the CCP is a piece of shit whose actions (coverup) caused us to be in the mess we are in, but i don't need Tyler Durden to tell me that.
    Would you like a "jump to conclusions mat", sir?

No, not for a second. I would rank ZH as about as highly as Rebel Media - they have the occasional good content, which is not just hyped up emotions.

ZH provides an opinion which one agrees/disagrees/ or remains neutral.

They are good at asking questions, even though many times their conclusions is wrong. Pointing holes in a mainstream narrative is what we all should be doing.
    Last edited by revelations; 05-03-2020 at 12:14 PM.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Damn MSM.

https://www.newsweek.com/dr-fauci-ba...search-1500741

DR. FAUCI BACKED CONTROVERSIAL WUHAN LAB WITH MILLIONS OF U.S. DOLLARS FOR RISKY CORONAVIRUS RESEARCH

In 2019, with the backing of NIAID, the National Institutes of Health committed $3.7 million over six years for research that included some gain-of-function work. The program followed another $3.7 million, 5-year project for collecting and studying bat coronaviruses, which ended in 2019, bringing the total to $7.4 million.

Many scientists have criticized gain of function research, which involves manipulating viruses in the lab to explore their potential for infecting humans, because it creates a risk of starting a pandemic from accidental release.
    A second phase of the project, beginning that year, included additional surveillance work but also gain-of-function research for the purpose of understanding how bat coronaviruses could mutate to attack humans. The project was run by EcoHealth Alliance, a non-profit research group, under the direction of President Peter Daszak, an expert on disease ecology. NIH canceled the project just this past Friday, April 24th, Politico reported. Daszak did not immediately respond to Newsweek requests for comment.

The project proposal states: "We will use S protein sequence data, infectious clone technology, in vitro and in vivo infection experiments and analysis of receptor binding to test the hypothesis that % divergence thresholds in S protein sequences predict spillover potential."

In layman's terms, "spillover potential" refers to the ability of a virus to jump from animals to humans, which requires that the virus be able to attach to receptors in the cells of humans. SARS-CoV-2, for instance, is adept at binding to the ACE2 receptor in human lungs and other organs.

According to Richard Ebright, an infectious disease expert at Rutgers University, the project description refers to experiments that would enhance the ability of bat coronavirus to infect human cells and laboratory animals using techniques of genetic engineering. In the wake of the pandemic, that is a noteworthy detail.
    They really ought to do something about those probably madeinchina windows.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/115384...w-coronavirus/

Third Russian doctor ‘falls’ from hospital window just hours after complaining of PPE shortages and being forced to work
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 05-03-2020 at 12:56 PM.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Damn Dr. Fauci for even SUGGESTING that C19 results are anything like the flu - well shit. How dare he!!! People were being mocked for this.

If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally
    symptomatic cases is several times as high
    as the number of reported cases, the case fatality
    rate may be considerably less than 1%.

This suggests that the overall clinical consequences
    of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to
    those of a severe seasonal influenza
    (which has
    a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a
    pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957
    and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS
    or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of
    9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.2

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

So are we shutting down the borders or not? I've got my hockey sticks ready to patrol the border.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/sta...242369266.html

Florida not releasing death count. They haven't for the last 11 days. By my estimation according to demographics, Florida could be in trouble.

All the hubbub about China not reporting, Florida doesn't want anyone knowing their toll either. Noone ever said it was illegal to withhold statistics on health.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

So, the Alberta self-assessment tool makes it pretty clear if a person qualifies for testing, and there's also clear guidance on the types of symptoms that would legally require "mandatory isolation."

However, given everything that's going on in the world, what do people do if they are feeling some other kind of "sick"? I assume that regardless of the type of symptoms, nobody who's any kind of sick should be out and about, but for how long? Until they feel better? For the same 10 days? Or what?

And what guidelines would apply to other members of that sick persons household?
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post

Please stop putting words in mouth.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Been playing with the AHS self assessment tool, and even if you answer negative to all the questions about serious symptoms, here's the list of "minor" symptoms that legally require at least 10 days of self isolation.
    Name:  Screenshot_20200503-162138.png
Views: 460
Size:  40.5 KB

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Been playing with the AHS self assessment tool, and even if you answer negative to all the questions about serious symptoms, here's the list of "minor" symptoms that legally require at least 10 days of self isolation.
    Name:  Screenshot_20200503-162138.png
Views: 460
Size:  40.5 KB
    The runny nose is the killer. Hayfever, and even minor allergies combined with temp below 12C and a slight wind will make anyone’s nose run. All the snow mould out there.

It is what it is, don’t lose common sense, and if history repeats itself (runny nose every year this time) - I wouldn’t sweat it too much.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

"Greek Brothels To Reopen But Hookers And Clients Required To Wear Masks And Gloves"

This is why I like ZH, they report the reality.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Gloves are kind of funny. I have seen lots of people in businesses wearing gloves and no mask. Which offers literally no protection of you aren't changing or washing the gloves often.

Page 293 of 985 FirstFirst ... 283 292 293 294 303 ... LastLast