Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 938 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 938 of 985 FirstFirst ... 928 937 938 939 948 ... LastLast
Results 18,741 to 18,760 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    AHS staff can felate a cactus
    I also don’t disagree with this.

Long story short - ended up in emergency 2 months ago. 7 hours later I was checked out, at the one instance when I checked to see where I was in the que (5.5 hours later) the nurses said verbatim:

“You’ve been very patient, appreciate that. Most people ask 3-4 times, thanks Kenney.”

I shit you not.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by RawB8figure View Post
    Has anyone been to the hospital lately.
    Have things gotten better now that the unvaccinated are not taking all the beds?
    Protocols in Emergency have gotten much worse far as I can tell. We had to take our 1 year old in during the height of covid, and it was essentially business as usual other than mandatory masking in the hospital. We went back for something else just a few weeks ago, and because my kid had a fever(one of the many symptoms on the covid list that virtually everyone entering emergency will have at least one of), we had to go to a special sealed off waiting room, wear a pink ribbon identifying us as potential covid exposure, then wait for a special isolation room in the ER itself before they could bring us in.......................... All so they could tell us the kid has an ear infection.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Protocols in Emergency have gotten much worse far as I can tell. We had to take our 1 year old in during the height of covid, and it was essentially business as usual other than mandatory masking in the hospital. We went back for something else just a few weeks ago, and because my kid had a fever(one of the many symptoms on the covid list that virtually everyone entering emergency will have at least one of), we had to go to a special sealed off waiting room, wear a pink ribbon identifying us as potential covid exposure, then wait for a special isolation room in the ER itself before they could bring us in.......................... All so they could tell us the kid has an ear infection.
    That's how its been the whole time. If you don't have any of the symptoms on their list you go to general emergency, if you do then you're in a separate waiting area and in an "isolated room" where the nurse and doctors will wear full ppe until you're cleared. We've had to take our kids in a handful of times over the last few years and the process for croup was much different than the process for a potentially broken leg.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

One of the main problems with AHS is the mid- and upper-management levels get paid way too much for very little work (mostly incompetence).

Meanwhile the nurses and workers working shift work and dealing with the people are suffering huge morale issues, are overworked, underpaid (considering their knowledge, education and workloads), and have to deal with increasing responsibilities and higher patient-to-worker ratios. And that was before COVID.

My Ride
    ute

It's almost like we need a mechanism to determine how much people should get paid....let me think of one.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    It's almost like we need a mechanism to determine how much people should get paid....let me think of one.
    Realtor compensation model is best.

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    That's how its been the whole time. If you don't have any of the symptoms on their list you go to general emergency, if you do then you're in a separate waiting area and in an "isolated room" where the nurse and doctors will wear full ppe until you're cleared. We've had to take our kids in a handful of times over the last few years and the process for croup was much different than the process for a potentially broken leg.
    I don't know what to tell you, two visits, same hospital. Maybe our hospital just wasn't up to AHS expectations at the time when we originally went in? There was definitely no separate waiting room back then.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Realtor compensation model is best.
    lol nurses would starve if they had to rely on commission to get paid.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post
    One of the main problems with AHS is the mid- and upper-management levels get paid way too much for very little work (mostly incompetence).

Meanwhile the nurses and workers working shift work and dealing with the people are suffering huge morale issues, are overworked, underpaid (considering their knowledge, education and workloads), and have to deal with increasing responsibilities and higher patient-to-worker ratios. And that was before COVID.
    I agree with your first statement. The father in law has been saying this for years and he is in mid-management. However, i don't feel your second point is accurate at all. My wife just started with AHS coming from private (OT) and she is making the same wage as she did private (not to say its amazing, but its consistent). Moral I actually decent and the CBA is right around the corner from being approved which means retroactive increases for all. Its a good gig where i am from and you can't get better in the city when working in healthcare.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

There is moral then there is the moral that the union professes to the public as a bargaining chip.

Basically the people who are bleeding hearts for the nurses are being snowed by their union.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Then there's morale, which is totally different.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 06-13-2022 at 08:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Words are overrated

fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by OTown View Post

Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    I agree with your first statement. The father in law has been saying this for years and he is in mid-management. However, i don't feel your second point is accurate at all. My wife just started with AHS coming from private (OT) and she is making the same wage as she did private (not to say its amazing, but its consistent). Moral I actually decent and the CBA is right around the corner from being approved which means retroactive increases for all. Its a good gig where i am from and you can't get better in the city when working in healthcare.
    That’s always been the criticism of AHS over the years. It’s always been an attack on being top heavy. It’s just the narrative has always been spun around as an attack on front line workers. I feel like COVID gave a huge opportunity to distract us over the bloat while we keep focusing on front line workers.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by RawB8figure View Post
    Has anyone been to the hospital lately.
    Have things gotten better now that the unvaccinated are not taking all the beds?
    Had to take an ambulance a few weeks ago.
    I'm a few minutes from Foothills and they took me to South Health. Foothills had 10 ambulances waiting to get in.

Didn't really have any issues, placed in Orthopedics and barely saw anyone. I didn't have visitors and was waiting for some tests.

On the other hand, if you're in the hospital now, you still can only have 2 designated visitors. It appears pretty full still, with covid sufferers and ahs is attempting to keep them separated.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    Had to take an ambulance a few weeks ago.
    I'm a few minutes from Foothills and they took me to South Health. Foothills had 10 ambulances waiting to get in.

Didn't really have any issues, placed in Orthopedics and barely saw anyone. I didn't have visitors and was waiting for some tests.

On the other hand, if you're in the hospital now, you still can only have 2 designated visitors. It appears pretty full still, with covid sufferers and ahs is attempting to keep them separated.
    That could have been while PLC was put on EMS diversion for a couple of days while they transitioned to the new Connect Care system.

If you're there long enough (I forget the threshold) you get that increased to 4 designated visitors.

My Ride
    Z

That’s always been the criticism of AHS over the years. It’s always been an attack on being top heavy. It’s just the narrative has always been spun around as an attack on front line workers. I feel like COVID gave a huge opportunity to distract us over the bloat while we keep focusing on front line workers.
    yes x50. COVID was like christmas, easter and halloween all happened at once for AHS management. The spin is sickening. I don't think anyone really complains about the front line doctor and nurse pay. Its the incredible mismanagement and top heavy nature of AHS that pisses people off. In private industry there are periodic cullings. in the public health sector the fox rules the henhouse.
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Where's that codetrap guy to come tell everyone how awesome and well run AHS is. That was his schtick wasn't it?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by g-m View Post
    yes x50. COVID was like christmas, easter and halloween all happened at once for AHS management. The spin is sickening. I don't think anyone really complains about the front line doctor and nurse pay. Its the incredible mismanagement and top heavy nature of AHS that pisses people off. In private industry there are periodic cullings. in the public health sector the fox rules the henhouse.
    Forgot to add blaming the UCP, that's been another awesome distraction when they have nothing to do with it haha. Just a perfect storm.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Where's that codetrap guy to come tell everyone how awesome and well run AHS is. That was his schtick wasn't it?
    I think he hides behind the union these days

fact.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Forgot to add blaming the UCP, that's been another awesome distraction when they have nothing to do with it haha. Just a perfect storm.
    They liked to scarifice a handful of nurses or porters when doing that too. "Look what the UCP did?! Laying off these poor nurses and health care workers while we're in the middle of a pandemic. How could they?! Rachel would have never done that!"
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

Page 938 of 985 FirstFirst ... 928 937 938 939 948 ... LastLast