Quantcast
215 bodies in Kamloops mass childrens grave. - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 215 bodies in Kamloops mass childrens grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's funny, some of the most outraged, are the same people who are trying to pretend like history didn't happen. Wipe anything horrible from the history books, that'll fix it!

Instead, let's learn from our mistakes, and be better in the future. Renaming some school or tearing down a monument doesn't do shit.
    Not wanting to venerate people responsible for atrocities by keeping monuments of them or having schools named after them isn’t pretending history didn’t happen. It’s acknowledging the whole history, not just the rose-tinted parts. What history are you claiming people want to pretend didn’t happen?

When the old Soviet countries tore down the monuments of Stalin, changed the name of his city, did he get wiped from history? Is it like everybody in the Eastern bloc is pretending it didn’t happen?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Are you equating what these people did with what Stalin did?

That’s an interacting stance.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Proof will be in the exhumation. If CSI finds a few cracked skulls or some arsenic in the bones, better open up the pocketbooks and prepare the apologies.
    Cocoa $10,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Not wanting to venerate people responsible for atrocities by keeping monuments of them or having schools named after them isn’t pretending history didn’t happen. It’s acknowledging the whole history, not just the rose-tinted parts. What history are you claiming people want to pretend didn’t happen?

When the old Soviet countries tore down the monuments of Stalin, changed the name of his city, did he get wiped from history? Is it like everybody in the Eastern bloc is pretending it didn’t happen?
    And yet, the Myth of the Noble Savage is alive and well in Canada and informs much of our current policy (and road naming for that matter).

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Are you equating what these people did with what Stalin did?
    No.

But just because Stalin did worse things, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t care about our own country’s atrocities. Whataboutism doesn’t really have a place here.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I didn’t bring up Stalin as justification for tearing down statues. You did that all by yourself.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I didn’t bring up Stalin as justification for tearing down statues. You did that all by yourself.
    The fact Stalin’s statues and places and things named after him were removed yet we still learn and know about him and what he did shows that the idea of renaming schools and tearing down monuments doesn’t erase history.

Removing veneration =\= ‘wiping history’.

If people are worried about the wiping of history, our school curriculum is having references to Canadian residential schools being taken out of it.
    Last edited by kertejud2; 06-25-2021 at 09:04 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Renaming some school or tearing down a monument doesn't do shit.
    At first I figured this latest news would bring up renaming our local Sir John A McDonald school, but nope. Crickets. They can't even rename schools right.

Teflon John.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by Supa Dexta View Post
    And this is the type of image the machine provides - exactly why I question to what extent have they confirmed/compared against the markings on the screen being actual remains - pretty fair question I feel.

Attachment 100274
    Is that all they see? Somehow they determined that those bumps are children human remains? Yeeaaaahhhh I'd want an independent verification or a dig up of the site. Until that happens it's all hear-say. Not saying I don't trust the operators, but I don't trust the operators.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Is that all they see? Somehow they determined that those bumps are children human remains? Yeeaaaahhhh I'd want an independent verification or a dig up of the site. Until that happens it's all hear-say. Not saying I don't trust the operators, but I don't trust the operators.
    You realize it's a 3rd party doing the scanning? Let me guess you deny the science behind covid vaccines and climate change?

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    You realize it's a 3rd party doing the scanning? Let me guess you deny the science behind covid vaccines and climate change?
    Yeah this and vaccines/climate change are the same thing….

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Yeah this and vaccines/climate change are the same thing….

Wow.
    you denying the science behind it all would be... these are professionals running the scanners not some random person with an agenda. What's your goal by pretending the science behind the discovery is wrong?

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post

So, the statues were erected in the first place because the subjects in question didn’t do anything worthy of being commemorated?

You get a statue of yourself for doing awesome shit. Just because you did something shitty doesn’t negate all the awesome, statue-worthy shit you did.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

So, the statues were erected in the first place because the subjects in question didn’t do anything worthy of being commemorated?

You get a statue of yourself for doing awesome shit. Just because you did something shitty doesn’t negate all the awesome, statue-worthy shit you did.
    Unless you are George Floyd, in that case you get statues for a lifetime of violent crime.

Which is a hilarious dichotomy with the left. Oh, guess what they call it when you deface the statue of a convicted violent criminal?

Very different outcome than when you deface the statue of one of our Nations heroes who happened to pen a couple memos on residential schools.
    Last edited by killramos; 06-25-2021 at 06:24 PM.

fact.

Interesting to see so many people try to disprove or discredit the dead kids at residential schools. How many new theories will we see to discredit what's being shared? 700+ kids buried In a residential school and it comes down to bad science, disease or fake news from the media.

Or you know it's actually true.. hmm.
    Interesting that you think asking responsible questions means someone is actively trying to discredit something.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Interesting that you think asking responsible questions means someone is actively trying to discredit something.
    The guy wants an independent verification on things. That's what's been happening with the scans... he then jumped to denying the scans show anything. Where are the responsible questions?

Is denying the science behind the 3rd party investigation responsible? I'd say it's borderline delusional.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

The guy wants an independent verification on things. That's what's been happening with the scans... he then jumped to denying the scans show anything. Where are the responsible questions?

Is denying the science behind the 3rd party investigation responsible? I'd say it's borderline delusional.
    Until someone goes over there and starts digging, no one knows for sure what those scans really are. Even then, who gives a fuck, whats going to change? Nothing. Finding mass or unmarked graves won't improve the lives of natives in this country and if anything it will just cause more hatred. What do they want, an apology, more money? What's anything going to do. Nothing. No one really wants real change.

My parents came to Canada with absolutely nothing besides the clothes on their backs and a suitcase, just like many other European immigrants. We would've killed to have just half the privilege the FN get. The indian act, reserves and special status they receive based on race is the real delusional and psychotic thing about this. No one in this country has the political balls to treat natives like normal people, without the race-based status cards and race-based indian reserves. Until there is a want for change, on both sides, FN will always be the palestinians of Canada.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

I'm always impressed by people's commitment to the strategy of if we ignore it long enough, maybe it'll all go away. It hasn't worked yet.

Some of the people who are responsible for this are still alive. It's not me, and it's not you. Finding them guilty doesn't make us guilty. There's no better time than now to go after them.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

Sending born in USA black people to other nations as a first line because they cannot be employed in productivity locally - is considered by many as invasion.

No doubt Europeans came over with intent to be productive colonists, but the earliest tended to be invaders if you look at the death counts. Bones tell no lies. Grandparents always paint themselves in the light they wish to shine upon themselves.
    Cocoa $10,000 per tonne.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast