Quantcast
Grade School Gender Identity Issues... Are things that bad? (Mega?) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Grade School Gender Identity Issues... Are things that bad? (Mega?)

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Default Grade School Gender Identity Issues... Are things that bad? (Mega?)

Hey all, with young kids that will one day attend school, I seem to hear more and more disturbing stories about what is going on in grade school these days.

Recently a co-worker informed me that his 11 or 13 year old kids have 'Furries' in their classes or kids that believe they are animals. A letter went out to parents requesting litter boxes be put in bathrooms (no joke)

Here is an article from National Post about schools aiding gender transitions and keeping it secret from parents -

https://nationalpost.com/news/school...der-transition

Here is an article from extremely liberal california, but I could easily see this stuff happening in BC

https://www.foxnews.com/media/christ...nsitions-devil

Now this gal is obviously a bit of a bible thumper, and you can call me old fashioned but if my teenager was at school and proclaiming they were a different gender I'd probably want to be kept in the loop on this and not have the school calling the shots.

Anyhow, just wanted to get a feel from any beyonders with kids in public school that are say, 11-18, is this becoming a real issue? Because to me it really sounds like it.

Yeah it's a thing here. One of daughter's friends has her pronouns as "they".

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

Oh ya this is interesting for sure, is it progress or encroachment pushing things

Is it a small issue or a big issue

Or it depends if you follow lw or rw things
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Fuck having kids in this day and age. Setting them up for mental health problems up the ying Yang.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Several related questions on that post.
    1) is this more common than we were young?
    2) are schools "enabling" this?
    3) are extreme cases common?
    4) is it a problem?

Answers: yes, probably, probably not and dunno.

There certainly are more pronoun options than I remeber when I was a kid, but that doesn't really bug me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

I met a person the other day whose pronouns were they/them. I said okay, and that was the end of it. I have enough of my own problems, I don't need to become a victim of something that doesn't involve me.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    Non Baller Vehicles

When Nu-Metal started becoming popular, the amount of kids in Slipknot hoodies with baggy jeans and wallet chains shot up 10-fold

Good number of my high school chums have had coverups of goth tattoos and minor cosmetic surgeries to fix giant stretched out piercing holes...no ragrets

Right now, being the opposite gender from what you were born and changing your pronouns is what's popular...but I'd wager that reversing gender swapping stuff would be a little more difficult than the above...no ragrets again though

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Mainstreaming mental illnesses and I'm on the left.

I tried my best to explain to my nephews with humor (15 and 12 at the time re: male in class transitioning to female).
    Some people might think their life is too easy and want to play on hard mode. Others just want attention.

I'm thinking this is mostly sensationalism of a fad. But that substitute trans teacher in Ontario worries me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

There are a lot of fringe social policies we are pushing to mass adoption that are going to be looked at very critically by future historians.

Just like alot of social policies that were put in place “with the best intentions” that we condemn today.

Just leave me and my family out of it.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    V8s

This is part of the rationale for me getting off my wallet and putting our kids in private school (my first is starting school in Sept, had to write a cheque last week for this actually ).

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I did have a conversation with a professional in the adolescent mental health profession who said there were strong "clustering effects" meaning certain schools or regions see much more of this than others. This person had the opinion that Alberta, for whatever reason, had a much higher incidence than other parts of Canada. I did not ask for backup to that statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    There are a lot of fringe social policies we are pushing to mass adoption that are going to be looked at very critically by future historians.

Just like alot of social policies that were put in place “with the best intentions” that we condemn today.

Just leave me and my family out of it.
    Raciss

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

While it is disappointing that it's affecting kids of that age, I think with a little more coordinated effort we could get that down to 3-4 year old ones through a properly structured daycare environment.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I don't have kids, but have very close friends with kids in this age bracket so I hear and talk about it with them often.

My point of view is this is an age where kids are starting to explore their identities and try to figure out where they belong, and this includes gender. I feel a lot of them are actually trying to figure out who and what they are. I also feel a lot of them are doing it for the attention and "revert back" when the novelty wears off. My friend's daughter had a friend who identified as they/them. Okay, if that's how they identify, I'll go along. It was confusing as fuck when she was telling me stories about "them" as an individual and not "them" as a group of friends and I had to stop her every once in a while to ask which it was. Then one day, she started referring to this individual's pronouns as "him" and I had to stop her again to see if I was following correctly. "Oh, he's not 'they/them' anymore. He's back to 'he/him'."

Kids around age also think they know everything. Same friend's daughter has another friend who is a lesbian and she was furious about it because, according to her, you're not supposed to transition right into gay/lesbian, you're supposed to be bi-sexual first

At the end of the day, I don't really care cause it's doesn't impact my life one bit so it's no skin off my back. But kids with litter boxes is fucking weird haha

Edit: I'm wondering if the litter box thing is legit cause I'm finding more articles about it being a hoax than anything. Sounds like OP's co-worker is one of those "a friend of a friend said" things.
    https://www.thestar.com/politics/pro...rnet-hoax.html

has it gone too far? Is it a problem? Yes and yes

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...e-trans-policy

from the article:

Linda Stone was censured by the Durham District School Board for questioning their policy of coordinating the gender transition of students without parental consent

My Ride
    *The First*

Child Me: "I don't really like mustard in my sandwich."

The World: "Tough shit. Eat it or you'll be hungry."

Today:

Name:  Screenshot_20230215_125600_Meme Generator Free.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  371.5 KB

It's actually amazing how flippantly school boards everywhere just glom onto the latest thing.

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    I don't have kids, but have very close friends with have kids in this age bracket so I hear and talk about it with them often.

My point of view is this is an age where kids are starting to explore their identities and try to figure out where they belong, and this includes gender. I feel a lot of them are actually trying to figure out who and what they are. I also feel a lot of them are doing it for the attention and "revert back" when the novelty wears off. My friend's daughter had a friend who identified as they/them. Okay, if that's how they identify, I'll go along. It was confusing as fuck when she was telling me stories about "them" as an individual and not "them" as a group of friends and I had to stop her every once in a while to ask which it was. Then one day, she started referring to this individual's pronouns as "him" and I had to stop her again to see if I was following correctly. "Oh, he's not 'they/them' anymore. He's back to 'he/him'."

Kids around age also think they know everything. Same friend's daughter has another friend who is a lesbian and she was furious about it because, according to her, you're not supposed to transition right into gay/lesbian, you're supposed to be bi-sexual first

At the end of the day, I don't really care cause it's doesn't impact my life one bit so it's no skin off my back. But kids with litter boxes is fucking weird haha
    It's wild trying to keep up and the % too. when 1 goes to 2 omg that's 100% increase in they them

Thinking back to when I was a kid, it took me until grade 7 to be interested in girls but I knew early on I was definitely not into dudes.

Florida's bill aka don't say gay by the left was all the rage but really I think it was you couldn't teach the gender stuff to kids under 10.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

I have a theory that if parents immediately jump into this trend fully embrace the fluid furryness when the kids are just starting to explore, it will be immediately become uncool and problem solved.

It's just a theory, and I welcome any of you to test it.
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    It's actually amazing how flippantly school boards everywhere just glom onto the latest thing.
    Not really, they're just politicians with even shittier pay.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast