Quantcast
Twitter Musk and the hilarious meltdown - Page 30 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Twitter Musk and the hilarious meltdown

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Happy to see Taibbi getting love, been following him since his RS days. I don't always agree with him but he's a top-notch journalist.
    His coverage of the GFC was great

My Ride
    Ford F150

Substack is a dumpster fire of a platform and needs to die.

Strange seeing people of Matt's calibre on there. He of all people should own his own content on his own website.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Matt taibbi popped up a few times in my podcast list, he was on real time with bill Maher, Sunday special with Ben Shapiro, and beyond reasonable doubt with mark gerragos and Adam Carolla. Seem like one of the legit journalists left. And of course the Twitter files stuff. I’ll be interested to see this upcoming week if those podcasts address this. I’m surprised musk took this move as I thought he was chill guy
    The Twitter files is when Taibbi stopped being a legit journalist. By his own standards even: ('Once you start getting handed things, you've lost. They have you at that point. You just can't cross that line'). He figured that didn't apply to a guy like Musk handing him things because he thought Elon was sincere (lol). Now that he's done what he was told, and it's falling apart around him, and had some terrible interviews without sycophants asking him questions, his usefulness is gone, so why would Musk care that Substack links are shadowbanned?

I'm sure in hindsight he wouldn't have given up his credibility to do the bidding of an unstable man-child, but he hasn't been all that stable ever since he threw coffee in that guy's face for saying he didn't like his book about eXile. At least he's been getting paid better than he's ever been to do the incel podcast and news circuit so it's not like he cratered his own reputation for nothing.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I don't expect you to keep up with my erudition.
    And ThePenIs didn't expect me to keep his erection up and yet here we are.

What a topsy turvy world after all
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    *The First*

Free Markets aren't allowed to impact Buster's friends.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    The Twitter files is when Taibbi stopped being a legit journalist. By his own standards even: ('Once you start getting handed things, you've lost. They have you at that point. You just can't cross that line'). He figured that didn't apply to a guy like Musk handing him things because he thought Elon was sincere (lol). Now that he's done what he was told, and it's falling apart around him, and had some terrible interviews without sycophants asking him questions, his usefulness is gone, so why would Musk care that Substack links are shadowbanned?

I'm sure in hindsight he wouldn't have given up his credibility to do the bidding of an unstable man-child, but he hasn't been all that stable ever since he threw coffee in that guy's face for saying he didn't like his book about eXile. At least he's been getting paid better than he's ever been to do the incel podcast and news circuit so it's not like he cratered his own reputation for nothing.
    Of all of your numerous retarded takes, this is a medalist.

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Whats worse is, all this twitter files crap showed was that
    A) moderation is hard
    B) trump asked for more stuff to be removed than anyone
    C) only thing Biden campaing asked to be removed was hunters nudes.

Stupid thing to sacrifice credibility for lol.
    MAGA = My Ass Got Arrested.

Beware the passive aggressive Mean Girls. Vengie, Killramos, Penismightier, buster, jrscoolude, etc who bully others into their circle jerk opinion, serially negging you, while claiming they ignore you and don't obsess over you.

PSA. High school is not a popularity contest little girls

My Ride
    ute

Imagine if journalists couldn't use "stuff that was given to them".

Lol.

I've heard this red herring trotted out recently in the context of Twitter files, and I think it's funny that people actually pick it up and parrot it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised it was ketie. But still.

The reason it’s coming out with the Twitter files is because it’s Taibbi who said it. In 2021. I get that parroting Taibbi doesn’t have the gravitas it once did because he just mentally couldn’t recover from the circus around eXile, but if you have a problem with suggesting journalists can’t use things that are handed to them, take it up with your boy.

What was the original context? That you can’t be a journalist who accepts things from somebody to fulfill their goals. Because then you become a tool for one side against the other to push their narrative, rather than being somebody who finds the story. Don’t just accept that what you’re being given is the full story or being done with the best intentions. Especially where he did reporting it was common for people to give you hand you things they wanted reported. It wasn’t a good look to be the kind of journalist they wanted to hand things to. At least not a good look if you wanted to be a credible journalist, anyway. In other words, don’t be a shill.

So when Taibbi took curated files from Twitter and just started posting things without properly vetting the whole story (to the point that mediocre news personalities can grill him and make him look like a bumbling idiot), his own words start to apply. His justification is effectively that he believed Musk was a sincere guy who believed in transparency and free speech and didn’t question why he was being handed this stuff. Oops.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The validity or credibility of the individual is the least important part of this to me. Does shadow banning exist, or is certain type of content universally prohibited?

A platform with clear, unambiguous requirements that apply to every post from every user was the premise. It'd be unfortunate if that was a sham and all we have done is replaced one kind of bias for another.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 04-08-2023 at 11:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

The reason it’s coming out with the Twitter files is because it’s Taibbi who said it. In 2021. I get that parroting Taibbi doesn’t have the gravitas it once did because he just mentally couldn’t recover from the circus around eXile, but if you have a problem with suggesting journalists can’t use things that are handed to them, take it up with your boy.

What was the original context? That you can’t be a journalist who accepts things from somebody to fulfill their goals. Because then you become a tool for one side against the other to push their narrative, rather than being somebody who finds the story. Don’t just accept that what you’re being given is the full story or being done with the best intentions. Especially where he did reporting it was common for people to give you hand you things they wanted reported. It wasn’t a good look to be the kind of journalist they wanted to hand things to. At least not a good look if you wanted to be a credible journalist, anyway. In other words, don’t be a shill.

So when Taibbi took curated files from Twitter and just started posting things without properly vetting the whole story (to the point that mediocre news personalities can grill him and make him look like a bumbling idiot), his own words start to apply. His justification is effectively that he believed Musk was a sincere guy who believed in transparency and free speech and didn’t question why he was being handed this stuff. Oops.

Dale, just stop. Unlike Toma you have a few brain cells to rub together (less than you think).

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    The validity or credibility of the individual is the least important part of this to me. Does shadow banning exist, or is certain type of content universally prohibited?
    Shadowbanning exists, certain types of content are universally prohibited, and some content is geographically prohibited.

A platform with clear, unambiguous requirements that apply to every post from every user was the premise. It'd be unfortunate if that was a sham and all we have done is replaced one kind of bias for another.
    Unfortunate, but expected.

Too bad you don't apply your standards to your political side. Remember the whole Russia-gate bullshit? I wonder where the journalists/media could have possibly gotten their information regarding this dossier/etc? If any journalists on the left side would have done ANY digging at all, they would have found that it was all nonsense long before it actually "came out". All the leftist media is now is an weaponized arm of the left's politicians and agents. They are handed absolutely everything, and don't investigate anything any longer. There is plenty on the right who do the same, but seriously, stfu with your sanctimonious BS.

Also, remember Twitter pre-Musk? There were hundreds and thousands of Twitter users on the "right" who were banned, shadowbanned, etc. FAR more than what's happened post-Musk by several orders of magnitude.

Musk's Twitter will make mistakes. But Twitter is nothing like it was before he bought it, in terms of allowing free speech.

Matt Taibbi is one of the few reporters I follow and trust, despite his politics being the opposite of mine.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 04-08-2023 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    Too bad you don't apply your standards to your political side.
    Matt Taibbi is one of the few reporters I follow and trust, despite his politics being the opposite of mine.
    So if Matt Taibbi is on the opposite side of you, where does that put me in relation to calling him out?

Remember the whole Russia-gate bullshit? I wonder where the journalists/media could have possibly gotten their information regarding this dossier/etc?Too bad you don't apply your standards to your political side. Remember the whole Russia-gate bullshit? I wonder where the journalists/media could have possibly gotten their information regarding this dossier/etc? If any journalists on the left side would have done ANY digging at all, they would have found that it was all nonsense long before it actually "came out". All the leftist media is now is an weaponized arm of the left's politicians and agents. They are handed absolutely everything, and don't investigate anything any longer. There is plenty on the right who do the same, but seriously, stfu with your sanctimonious BS.
    I think this Whataboutism diatribe is directed here:

Quote Originally Posted by Buster
    Imagine if journalists couldn't use "stuff that was given to them".

My Ride
    ute

We really should throw out the watergate reporting. That (previously) confidential source had an agenda.

lol. Kert's stupid ideas that he read someone on CNN or some shit are preposterous and make no sense.

We judge journalists on their ability to figure out the story despite all of the conflicts of interest. This is necessary because every person on the planet has an agenda.

Edit: Taibbi is generally on the "left". He and I would disagree on many things, politically, I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    We judge journalists on their ability to figure out the story despite all of the conflicts of interest. This is necessary because every person on the planet has an agenda.
    So why are you getting so upset over people calling out Taibbi on his inability to do this with Musk and the Twitter Files?

And again, if you have a problem with the claim that a journalist shouldn't be somebody who gets handed stuff, take it up with Taibbi.
    Last edited by kertejud2; 04-08-2023 at 12:29 PM.

My Ride
    ute

So why are you getting so upset over people calling out Taibbi on his inability to do this with Musk and the Twitter Files?
    Feel free to judge Taibbi all you want. Your reasoning makes you sound dumb though.

My Ride
    ute

Your argument is retarded not because you claimed Taibbi didn't do good journalism, it is retarded because you claimed that under those circumstances it is impossible to do good journalism. Now you are backpedaling, which is normal for you of course.

Under those circumstances it is impossible to do good journalism, at least according to Matt Taibbi.

What about this aren't you getting?

My Ride
    ute

Under those circumstances it is impossible to do good journalism, at least according to Matt Taibbi.

What about this aren't you getting?
    you didn't actually listen to that Rogan appearance, did you. Did you even actually watch any clips? Or did you just read some tweet on it somewhere? Stop being dumb. I know you can be better.

Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 ... LastLast