Quantcast
GMC Truck Thread - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

Thread: GMC Truck Thread

My Ride
    LNF

Originally posted by roopi
    Any current promos on 2017 GMC Sierra's? My lease is up on my 2014 in 2 weeks and considering trading it in for a new one instead of buying it out.
    It is truck month right now so they are offering rebates (up to 10k) with low interest finance or lease.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Installed Bilstein 5100's yesterday. Big improvement in looks as it levels the truck perfectly with no cali lean. The ride is much improved over the concrete roads we have here. A lot more stability in the front end when braking and turning. I'll get a picture tonight

My Ride
    Silverado

Mins sharing the cost of the kit? How was the install?

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

$345 USD to my door here in Houston for parts. I did the rears, 4Wheel Parts did the front and alignment. Total cost was just under $700USD.

I wanted to do the front but I kept reading how spring compressors you can rent aren't safe with front coils on trucks. If you buy a full coilover like a Fox 2.0 you wouldn't have to worry about that. I went the cheaper route since it's a pavement princess, and I want wheels and tires.

My Ride
    LNF

Originally posted by SkiBum5.0
    Installed Bilstein 5100's yesterday. Big improvement in looks as it levels the truck perfectly with no cali lean. The ride is much improved over the concrete roads we have here. A lot more stability in the front end when braking and turning. I'll get a picture tonight
    Did you have the rancho (Z71) struts from factory?

My Ride
    Silverado

Originally posted by mzdspd

Did you have the rancho (Z71) struts from factory?
    I do.. definitely will be looking at the 5100's. I wonder if the cost will double by being in canada.

Did you max out the fronts to gain 2"? What size wheels and tires are you going with?

My Ride
    LNF

Originally posted by dirtsniffer

I do.. definitely will be looking at the 5100's. I wonder if the cost will double by being in canada.

Did you max out the fronts to gain 2"? What size wheels and tires are you going with?
    We have 3 2015 Sierra 1500 at my work and mine is the only one with the Rancho and they are significantly worse than the base struts.

More rattling on bumps and very floaty on the highway. Eventually I will replace them too.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

I did have the Ranchos - I had the rears replaced twice in under 50,000kms because they kept leaking. I did set that at the highest level (1.85"). Better than stock ride quality. Apparently, that's why they only go 1.85. Any higher and it degrades ride.

I'm looking at 17" wheels with 295/70/17 AT tires next. Kind of the baja look

My Ride
    Silverado

Dunno if anyone gets the chirp from the AFM exhaust valve, but they have changed the design for MY17 and discontinued the old design. I am on my second exhaust cause of the chirp and am looking forward to getting the updated design. Unfortunately it is on backorder now.

My Ride
    17' DENALI, 17' X4 M40i

Traded in my pos 17' Ram on a 17' Frost White Denali Ultimate with a 6.2L . Pick it up this week. Cant wait to pick it up, this will be my first ever GMC product. From what I see I shouldn't be disappointed.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by B16EJ8
    Traded in my pos 17' Ram on a 17' Frost White Denali Ultimate with a 6.2L . Pick it up this week. Cant wait to pick it up, this will be my first ever GMC product. From what I see I shouldn't be disappointed.
    Why weren't you happy with the Ram?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

I've had mine for 1-2 months and it. I had a 2014 Denali with the 5.3 and I'm glad I went with the 6.2 this time.

I've never owned a Dodge (just Ford and GMC) but I think you will love the truck.

My Ride
    17' DENALI, 17' X4 M40i

^ Had a starting issue since Day 1 of owning it, constant vibration/ seat shaking like crazy. Shitty service and shitty careless attitudes from Southtrail.

The list goes on that's a short version. Not to mention them throwing up to %40 off MSRP now, I had to fight to get a few thousand off mine and was told there was no other promotions coming up "this was the best price".

Put a deposit down got offered the same truck from Derrik Dodge for 4k less all in. Tried to cancel the deal they threatened to keep my deposit. Went through with the deal as I didn't want to fight for my deposit back, even though it was just a bully sales tactic. Just a sour experience since the beginning. Will never buy another Dodge product. Use to live by them as that was my 6th Ram and now my last.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Bad dealerships can ruin a brands reputation for a customer so easily. It's weird that the manufacturers don't try harder to control the service experience a bit more.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

My Ride

^ Had a starting issue since Day 1 of owning it, constant vibration/ seat shaking like crazy. Shitty service and shitty careless attitudes from Southtrail.

The list goes on that's a short version. Not to mention them throwing up to %40 off MSRP now, I had to fight to get a few thousand off mine and was told there was no other promotions coming up "this was the best price".

Put a deposit down got offered the same truck from Derrik Dodge for 4k less all in. Tried to cancel the deal they threatened to keep my deposit. Went through with the deal as I didn't want to fight for my deposit back, even though it was just a bully sales tactic. Just a sour experience since the beginning. Will never buy another Dodge product. Use to live by them as that was my 6th Ram and now my last.
    I wouldn't let the dealership experience sour your brand loyalty. The rough starting and vibrations concern me however.

You basically bought the king of the hill with the 6.2L. That engine is magic.

Fastlane truck did a comparison 5.3 vs 6.2 and the 6.2 had 0.1L/100km BETTER mpg while towing over the 5.3.

My next truck will probably be the next generation Sierra with the 6.2(if available). I'm still loving my '15 5.3 however. Fuel economy blows me away for a full size pickup.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Every time I come back to this thread I'm tempted to trade up to a 2017!

Trying my hardest to hold out until the 2019 redesign.

My Ride
    17' DENALI, 17' X4 M40i

Originally posted by Darkane

I wouldn't let the dealership experience sour your brand loyalty. The rough starting and vibrations concern me however.

Fastlane truck did a comparison 5.3 vs 6.2 and the 6.2 had 0.1L/100km BETTER mpg while towing over the 5.3.

My next truck will probably be the next generation Sierra with the 6.2(if available). I'm still loving my '15 5.3 however. Fuel economy blows me away for a full size pickup.

Concerns everyone but the dealer or Chrysler themselves. Yeah I'm hearing that a lot that the 6.2L gas mileage is amazing, Cant wait to test it out. I'm looking forward to getting this truck and moving forward and leaving that Ram in the past. I will post some pictures up here once I pick it up.

My Ride
    Silverado

2022 for me hahah.

But a 2019 6.2 with a 10 speed would be saweeeet

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Originally posted by Darkane

I regret not going with the 6.2, at the time I was buying there was essentially the exact same truck, except one was a 5.3 w/ sunroof and the other was a 6.2 w/o sunroof, worked out to almost the same price. I got the 5.3 thinking the mileage would be substantially better, but now I'm not so sure.

I get 15.5L/100km average city/highway over the last 35K km's. Around 12.8L/100km's when driving down the highway at 120 cruise set and about 18.5L/100km's when hauling my open deck car hauler with my car on it. Overall not that impressed with the mileage, a friend has a 16' w/ 6.2 and gets 12.0L/100km's when on the highway at 120.

How's everyone elses mileage with the 5.3?

I really want to get into a 19' w/6.2 & 10spd, let's see what the wife says
    Last edited by 94boosted; 06-06-2017 at 11:04 AM.

My Ride

Originally posted by 94boosted

I regret not going with the 6.2, at the time I was buying there was essentially the exact same truck, except one was a 5.3 w/ sunroof and the other was a 6.2 w/o sunroof, worked out to almost the same price. I got the 5.3 thinking the mileage would be substantially better, but now I'm not so sure.

I get 15.5L/100km average city/highway over the last 35K km's. Around 12.8L/100km's when driving down the highway at 120 cruise set and about 18.5L/100km's when hauling my open deck car hauler with my car on it. Overall not that impressed with the mileage, a friend has a 16' w/ 6.2 and gets 12.0L/100km's when on the highway at 120.

How's everyone elses mileage with the 5.3?

I really want to get into a 19' w/6.2 & 10spd, let's see what the wife says
    That's odd. I routinely get 10.5-11.5 on the highway at 110-120.

I've read plenty of articles stating tonneu covers do nothing, but GM offered it on their special edition hybrid truck (two?) years ago. Must do something if they offered it on the primo mpg truck.

True story: I've gotten 9.1L/100km in my truck from Rosetown to Saskatoon going 101kph. I was so flabbergasted.

5.3L, 3.55 rear end, 18" all terrain wheel/tire package.

Wife and I will get 12.5-13 in town almost like clockwork. We do a fair amount of Deerfoot however.

A couple of other neat things about the 5.3:

It's tuned for E85 from the factory and WILL produce 380/416 with that fuel.

GM accessories offers the exhaust from the X-Terrain or whatever that special edition was last year. They claim 10bhp.

So exhaust and E85 you're right at a Hemi but with more torque. Mind you we don't have E85 but the ECU will adjust for 94 (E10) and give a bit more power, maybe 10/10.

EDIT: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/07/...no-with-video/
    Last edited by Darkane; 06-06-2017 at 01:08 PM.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast