Thoughts: Freedom Convoy 2022 - Page 99 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 99 of 153 FirstFirst ... 89 98 99 100 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 3053

Thread: Thoughts: Freedom Convoy 2022

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it's not black and white... obviously there will be some risk, but much of that can be mitigated through these mandates..

again, this is MINOR inconveniences we're talking about. I agree lockdowns are very destructive, but REP and wearing a mask are not oppressing anybody's freedoms.
    If your cousin has a 70%(!) chance of dying from Covid, why would they voluntarily go out to somewhere with an REP, knowing that it would likely be full of people and Omicron still spreads regardless of vaccination status?

Quote Originally Posted by SJW View Post
    So it's not survival of the fattest?
    I forgot that CD in the car I sold. Broke my heart.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    I have a healthier life now because of the ignore feature, and there are very, very few on it, but just guessing... Clowns be clowning?

... Sometimes you just get those peeps who absolutely have no joy in life other than trying to turn every conversation into armageddon and wallow in their creations. Kinda sad to think how useless a life one must have to consider that fun.
    I totally understand this point of view. I don't use the ignore button though as I feel its good to hear different points of view. Maybe that mental patient using his 15 mins of computer time might have something I might find interesting, if not funny, or I just scroll on. Kina like people on the street yelling about the end is near. I think that by using ignore buttons we start to only get news or opinions we want to hear or agree with, when crazy people are also allowed to vote.

Just my 2 cents.

The whole rep thing, I don't understand. Especially when you click on the notification expecting a PM and getting called a retard by some e-thug instead. Kinda harder to scroll past that. I only give out positive rep; yes even to the troll in a moment of weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    society has never oriented itself around heart transplant, immunocompromised people.
    wtf dude
    Last edited by DonJuan; 02-16-2022 at 12:29 PM.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    If your cousin has a 70%(!) chance of dying from Covid, why would they voluntarily go out to somewhere with an REP, knowing that it would likely be full of people and Omicron still spreads regardless of vaccination status?
    i never said he does
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I think multiple people, including myself, have tried to have a serious discussion about the trade-offs here. The benefit of saving one life is important, and it's not just one person who is at risk here, so lowering risk for some group of people is something we should investigate. But the risk introduced to other groups by maintaining restrictions is not zero either. I don't know how to weigh the life of one imunoc0omprimsed heart patient vs one suicide victim, I really don't, but there IS a trade-off in real human lives no matter which path we choose.

There is also, on top of that, an economic cost to restrictions, and governments make economic choices about safety and risk every day, so that needs to be considered.

The idea that one side of this discussion is heartless and the other side is virtuous is childish and not worth of engagement.
    We get a lot of this talk about "trade offs", and "risks" by wearing masks in public, social distancing and getting vaccinated.

But there is NO actual evidence of any (of significance). You hear a lot of moaning about "think of the children", "they wont learn to read facial expressions" etc. All that is BS without merit. My kids can read my eyes JUST FINE lol. Hell, they can just look at my body posture and how I walk and have learned what it means. Kids are the most resilient among us. There are follow ups to children of refugees from war zones, that have seen death and violence, are now thriving in our environment.

Mask whining is a "first word problem".

Masks work. we now know they work VERY well, and obviously the higher the grade the better. Studies looking at personal services, UBER drivers, cab drivers, bus drivers, hair dressers etc. are astonishing how well two way masking works. Even in close quarters in a sealed small room, the transmission rate for ONE person wearing a surgical mask was 10% after 20 minutes, 2% with a KN95, and 0.2% with an N95.

As for economic costs. The prudent thing to do would have been to take it seriously, have infection rates plummet, and THEN ease them. Not this half ass on and off bullshit for 2 years.

Pretty pathetic how the Freedumbers are now suggesting using their kids as human shields when the fed come (added this to be relevant to the topic)
    Last edited by Yolobimmer; 02-16-2022 at 12:33 PM.

My Ride
    ute

I haven't followed this thread much, but this post brings up a point that I've been making throughout the pandemic. I also have transplant/immunocompromised family members. The best analogy I can think of is someone with a severe nut allergy, freely going to restaurants and expecting them to be 100% error free in preparing a meal. It'll never happen, people are stupid, people make mistakes. Same thing with masks, even more so with Omicron. Unless everyone around you tests before going out, staying home if they are positive, wearing N95's properly, you're going to be at risk of catching Covid. Going out if you have a 30% survival rate of Covid is poor risk management, period. Having a mask mandate does nothing to reduce your risk unless you criminalize covid spread (and somehow track it) and apply the hypothetical restrictions. You can minimize risk a bit going out wearing N95's, and if you're 100% it's perfect, then mask or no mask mandate should make no difference anyways.

Health, as well as risk assessment, is a personal responsibility.
    The pandemic went from: "it is the responsibility of everyone to keep everyone safe"

To: "it is the responsibility of everyone to keep .1% of the vulnerable safe"

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    What most pro-mandaters are really scared of.

Hahah, wont lie. WFH is great. Keep the pandemic rolling

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    As for economic costs. The prudent thing to do would have been to take it seriously, have infection rates plummet, and THEN ease them. Not this half ass on and off bullshit for 2 years.
    I agree, but to impose those kind of restrictions and not come out looking like Stalin2.0 is the troublesome part.

The pandemic went from: "it is the responsibility of everyone to keep everyone safe"

To: "it is the responsibility of everyone to keep .1% of the vulnerable safe"
    Everyone = (99.9% others + 0.1% vulnerable)
    Last edited by DonJuan; 02-16-2022 at 12:38 PM.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

i never said he does
    So... if your cousin is staying safe and not going to those venues, how does imposing restrictions on those venues make your cousin safer?

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    Society also though slavery was ok. The way it is is not the way it's going to be, or the way it should be.
    Society is still ok with slavery as long as it’s Asian sweat shops … I mean factories

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    I agree, but to impose those kind of restrictions and not come out looking like Stalin2.0 is the troublesome part.
    Not really. You would still have had the same freedumbers trying to overthrow Trudeau now, upset with the same shit. Who cares. Reasonable people understood. But dragging it out 2 years, even some reasonable people are saying "enough already".

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Hahah, wont lie. WFH is great. Keep the pandemic rolling
    Yup, already got the email myself. Back in March.

Gas, Brake, Honk
    Name:  NEBAb9P.gif
Views: 464
Size:  2.13 MB

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Quote Originally Posted by redline View Post
    Society is still ok with slavery as long as it’s Asian sweat shops … I mean factories
    Or the ones on Leoslist apparently.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Masks are the least intrusive to my daily life. If we need to keep wearing them to shut up the Karens and give them some false sense of security, then I’d accept it on the condition all other restrictions are gone and written into law never to return again. This will never happen because once you give the mouse a cookie, they’ll want a glass of milk. Dropping everything at once is the only way.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    So... if your cousin is staying safe and not going to those venues, how does imposing restrictions on those venues make your cousin safer?
    That was just one example, not really related to the REP comment...

REP is really intended to keep unvaxxed safer, since unvaxxed are more likely to have more severe reactions, it's intent is to keep hospitalization rates manageable so people can get the care they need, when they need it, whatever the reason... it only makes sense to do what you can to prevent people from having to use the hospital, again, it's a minor inconvenience, not eating in a restaurant is not a critical freedom... REP really is the more fair and less damaging way to do it compared to lockdowns... it prevents the restaurants from being locked down and having a severe impact on their business, and it stops punishing the majority for the actions (or inactions) of a few.
    User title molested by Rage2.

It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

ask my cousin who has had a heart transplant, immunocompromised, and 3 shots and still has a 30% survival rate if he contracts Covid, if he's happy about that.... just because it doesn't negatively impact you, doesn't mean it's a good thing.

it's MINOR inconveniences to prevent people from dying, how fucking selfish do you have to be to not see this?
    The selfish position stated here is another of those pot/kettle things that you claim you're never guilty of.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 02-16-2022 at 12:59 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Masks are the least intrusive to my daily life. If we need to keep wearing them to shut up the Karens and give them some false sense of security, then I’d accept it on the condition all other restrictions are gone and written into law never to return again. This will never happen because once you give the mouse a cookie, they’ll want a glass of milk. Dropping everything at once is the only way.
    "never to return again" is the stupid, impossible ask. Circumstances will dictate, hospital capacity will dictate, death rates or severity will dictate.

Mouth breathers "at their whim" shouldn't dictate shit.

My Ride
    ute

That was just one example, not really related to the REP comment...

REP is really intended to keep unvaxxed safer, since unvaxxed are more likely to have more severe reactions, it's intent is to keep hospitalization rates manageable so people can get the care they need, when they need it, whatever the reason... it only makes sense to do what you can to prevent people from having to use the hospital, again, it's a minor inconvenience, not eating in a restaurant is not a critical freedom... REP really is the more fair and less damaging way to do it compared to lockdowns... it prevents the restaurants from being locked down and having a severe impact on their business, and it stops punishing the majority for the actions (or inactions) of a few.
    Wrong.

The assumption with REP is taht it would be a further incentive to the unvaccinated to get vaccinated.

The reduction in transmission that comes from that policy, or other policies is not significant enough to reduce exposure risk to the vulnerable. This is the significant error that the remaining pro-lockdown folks are making.

My Ride
    2019 Peterbilt

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Your selfish position here is another of those pot/kettle things that you claim you're never guilty of.
    How is it selfish?? He can stay home and still be infected by someone that got is from some asshole that attended an unmasked party. Keeping people isolated is just one layer of protection. Remember the swiss cheese thing they tried to show you?

Wearing a mask in public is EASY and effective.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong.

The assumption with REP is taht it would be a further incentive to the unvaccinated to get vaccinated.

The reduction in transmission that comes from that policy, or other policies is not significant enough to reduce exposure risk to the vulnerable. This is the significant error that the remaining pro-lockdown folks are making.
    Proof?

Of course you don't.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I only give out positive rep; yes even to the troll in a moment of weakness.
    I only called trollo a retard.

wtf dude
    He's right.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 99 of 153 FirstFirst ... 89 98 99 100 109 ... LastLast