Quantcast
June’s actual focus - Men’s Health - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: June’s actual focus - Men’s Health

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Default June’s actual focus - Men’s Health

Yes, whatever else they plan to call June - it’s Men’s Health Awareness first and foremost.

Speak up, my Men. What ails you?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

Dating a progressive gf lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Mortgage Rates....
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Valid. Detriment to mental health.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Being pressured to start a family when I feel like we have no money and have no idea how people raise kids without bankrupting themselves.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    ute

Middle age malaise

Sore knees and shoulders

Protip: If you suffer from scoliosis stop putting your wallet in the back pocket... Or spend more on strippers! It's for your health after all.

~"Prescribed by Dr. e31"~

My Ride
    V8s

Talk about mental health (in all it's forms, not just depression which is a very common subset of this topic).

I got diagnosed with ADHD at the ripe old age of 37 this year. Recently started some meds for it, which are helping, but equally important for me was the possible explanation of some challenges I've had in the past that I basically attributed to being lazy. It's hard to tell if not treating it until now has hindered me at all from a career perspective, but I'm hopeful this will help me achieve my potential with a bit less stress and anxiety.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by bjstare View Post
    Talk about mental health (in all it's forms, not just depression which is a very common subset of this topic).

I got diagnosed with ADHD at the ripe old age of 37 this year. Recently started some meds for it, which are helping, but equally important for me was the possible explanation of some challenges I've had in the past that I basically attributed to being lazy. It's hard to tell if not treating it until now has hindered me at all from a career perspective, but I'm hopeful this will help me achieve my potential with a bit less stress and anxiety.
    I was 43.

But ADHD isn't a "thing"...it's just a highly variable quality that is present in everyone to a matter of degree. You benefit from medications because your version of this quality is higher than others. (I'm trying to avoid the use of the word spectrum...but that's precisely what it is).

Being diagnosed with ADHD is like being diagnosed with being tall or any other trait. It doesn't really make sense.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I was 43.

But ADHD isn't a "thing"...it's just a highly variable quality that is present in everyone to a matter of degree. You benefit from medications because your version of this quality is higher than others. (I'm trying to avoid the use of the word spectrum...but that's precisely what it is).

Being diagnosed with ADHD is like being diagnosed with being tall or any other trait. It doesn't really make sense.
    That's a good take.

I was discussing this with a family member last night who also referred to it as the spectrum haha. And he's WAY the fuck into the spectrum of it.

Doctors are too quick these days to prescribe pharm anti depressants and anxiety medications. Diet, exercise are very important. There are plenty of natural anti depressants out there and I recommend microdosing mushrooms.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Yeah and I wouldnt suggest taking those meds every day. They are are amphetamines for christs sake. I was 10 when I was diagnosed. Never took any f'ing meds.

I've seen alot of 30-40 year olds with these 'aha' moments I have adhd. The questionaire is like 5 questions and if you pick 3 you have ADHD. Cmon guys

My Ride
    2008 Z06

Not trusting women (or yourself) after your ex gf (and 2x baby mama) fucked you as she continues a 7 year unemployed streak. And yet you want a positive female role model for your little kids. :focusonbreathing: :Icantcontroleverything: :dontdrink:
    Oh, and enmax fixed rates. They're the worst.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    Yeah and I wouldnt suggest taking those meds every day. They are are amphetamines for christs sake. I was 10 when I was diagnosed. Never took any f'ing meds.

I've seen alot of 30-40 year olds with these 'aha' moments I have adhd. The questionaire is like 5 questions and if you pick 3 you have ADHD. Cmon guys
    this is a bad take

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Quote Originally Posted by Ekliptix View Post
    Not trusting women (or yourself) after your ex gf (and 2x baby mama) fucked you as she continues a 7 year unemployed streak. And yet you want a positive female role model for your little kids. :focusonbreathing: :Icantcontroleverything: :dontdrink:
    Tradwife lifestyle?

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

Quote Originally Posted by Ekliptix View Post
    Stoicism
    Stay strong bro
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

It's not unless you go to a quack that's just prescription happy. There's also meds nowadays that aren't amphetamines though unfortunately Vyvanse seems to be the choice of med for everyone nowadays. Somedays I do wonder if Doctors here get kickbacks as I've seen a huge surge in the number of people being prescribed Vyvanse post pandemic.

That being said telling people to just not take their meds is a weird take.

My Ride
    V8s

I have a sneaky suspicion you haven't got any experience seeing a decent Dr. for a discussion on this recently (or ever, for that matter).

My Ride
    Ford F150

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    It's ok to vote for Nenshi in order to keep getting laid. We all understand.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

My wife was diagnosed with ADHD a few years ago and the meds definitely help with several things but she still has her days.

It went from every task being 40% complete to 90%. From cleaning or cooking tasks that were a struggle to complete, to remembering to close the cabinet doors because she got distracted thinking about something else - our kitchen often looked like it was ransacked but it was just my wife getting a bowl of cereal. It's like your mother making Christmas dinner trying to do everything without asking for help.

For someone that probably has some form of ADHD but very mild, it pretty obvious to observe what debilitating ADHD looks like in daily life. The 'look, squirrel' persona is straight-up truth.
    Last edited by msommers; Yesterday at 04:25 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast