Quantcast
Tesla vehicle discussion. No Elon or stock chat. - Page 56 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 46 55 56 57 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1372

Thread: Tesla vehicle discussion. No Elon or stock chat.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My niece just got her Y last month, they ordered it about 9 months ago and said they got it for the price back then but im sure they still took a hit on it with the recent drops.

Anyone know what the price of a Y LR was before this drop?
    $85K with $5K off during last 3 weeks of Dec 2022.

$70K today.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    $85K with $5K off during last 3 weeks of Dec 2022.

$70K today.
    Geez. They probably paid less than 80k if they got the price from 9 months ago but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Do people also get pissed off and write to the news when the price of a car goes up a few days after they buy?

Just trying to figuring out where the line is with what’s right and what’s wrong
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Do people also get pissed off and write to the news when the price of a car goes up a few days after they buy?

Just trying to figuring out where the line is with what’s right and what’s wrong
    There’s a certain level of protection for other consumer goods. Price protection guarantees officially to return and rebuy unofficially.

Cars are different in that you can’t just do that, but that’s where a good dealer relationship helps where they can push your purchase by a few weeks to qualify for upcoming incentives that they know about. Tesla doesn’t let you do that at all. If you don’t pick up your car on the day of their choice, you’re going back to the end of the line. Not that the line is big anymore, but there are some things such as lower price or incentives you lose out on.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ute

Why the hell would you buy at Tesla at this point, at all?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Why the hell would you buy at Tesla at this point, at all?
    Superchargers

My Ride
    ute

Superchargers
    That advantage is pretty temporary.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Geez. They probably paid less than 80k if they got the price from 9 months ago but still.
    https://driveteslacanada.ca/model-y/...prices-canada/

There may be a chance they honored the old $76K price. You have to go back to mid 2021 to get $69.9.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post

If you profit its ok, if you lose obviously its not ok Tesla mustve rushed a ton of deliveries the weeks or days before this came out. Imagine getting your Tesla the day before it dropped

https://driveteslacanada.ca/model-y/...prices-canada/

There may be a chance they honored the old $76K price. You have to go back to mid 2021 to get $69.9.
    Hopefully they got it for 76k
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I'm thinking of getting some coilovers for my Model 3. What are the recommended shops in Calgary that have experience doing suspension work and aftermarket Tesla stuff?

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Same as any other car really. Any shop can do it. Probably have the Tesla tax though. Just abs sensors are a tough pigtail connector with the weather seal to clip together. Rears take no time at all. Fronts just remove the top 4 bolts and drop the whole UCA with strut. Don’t mess around making the custom thin wall socket.

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    I'm thinking of getting some coilovers for my Model 3. What are the recommended shops in Calgary that have experience doing suspension work and aftermarket Tesla stuff?
    Having installed suspension (both springs only and coilovers) on multiple German cars and on several Model 3s myself, the componentry is nearly identical. If anything, it's easier to install suspension on the 3/Ys since the front shocks have all the attachment points (eg. sway bar links, abs sensor clips) directly on them, rather than a separate piece that requires additional nuts/bolts. Watch any YT clip and it'll be pretty straight forward. Otherwise, I'd be willing to help. Just compensate me for my time. I've got all the tools at home, including a QuickJack and spring compressor.

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Hopefully not a repost

Quote Originally Posted by Motortrend
    How Tesla Probably Cut the Model 3's Price to $45,000

10. Buyers must agree to spend four hours per day driving for Uber on Elon Musk's account.
    9. Tesla Vision cameras replaced by Tesla Vision seeing eye dogs.
    8. Wood-fired seat heaters.
    7. Center display now only shows Elon Musk's Twitter feed; stepping on accelerator automatically likes and retweets his posts.
    6. Instead of a Supercharger subscription, buyers get a portable exercise bicycle connected to a generator.
    5. Tesla Model 3 list price now indexed to Tesla stock price.
    4. Headlights, wipers and brakes work on a pay-per-use basis.
    3. Front drive motor replaced by front pedals.
    2. Button to turn off Full Self Driving feature is now a $15,000 option.
    And the #1 way Tesla was able to cut the Model 3's price to $45,000...
    1. *Batteries not included
    https://www.motortrend.com/features/...hP7qDDgAY3xIq8

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by mo_money2supe View Post
    Having installed suspension (both springs only and coilovers) on multiple German cars and on several Model 3s myself, the componentry is nearly identical. If anything, it's easier to install suspension on the 3/Ys since the front shocks have all the attachment points (eg. sway bar links, abs sensor clips) directly on them, rather than a separate piece that requires additional nuts/bolts. Watch any YT clip and it'll be pretty straight forward. Otherwise, I'd be willing to help. Just compensate me for my time. I've got all the tools at home, including a QuickJack and spring compressor.
    Thanks for the offer. I haven't even purchased anything yet as I'm mulling my options and it seems like the MPP Comfort Coilovers may be the way I go. I'll let you know if I decide to go through with it.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

There's also some Tein's out now that are getting decent reviews and are quite a bit cheaper than MPP

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

I've personally ran Tein's (on an EG Civic and a 2006 Audi S4), KW V3's on my last car (2013 Audi S4), and now MPP comfort coils on my 2018 M3P. In case you didn't know, MPPs are just rebranded KWs, they're basically custom spec'd to fit the Model 3 specifically but are full KW components. MPP (non-adj) comfort coils = KW V1s; MPP (adj) comforts & sports = KW V3s. Anyway, the KW's definitely have a more refined ride quality than the Tein's, but that could very well also be due to Civic vs German/Tesla too. If anything, get the premium stuff for the nicer build quality unless all you care about is bottom line and not durability.

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Yeah I have read that the Tein Flex Z coilovers are good value for the money ($1200 USD) but to be that much cheaper there has to be some sacrifices.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Got some roof rails for cheap to run a roof box backwards like @benyl

Considering getting a model Y performance. Originally I wanted model 3 performance but test drove the model y instead and I think there’s more use-case being a slightly bigger vehicle. Has anyone considered between these 2 and which one did you go with. Also, has anyone cross shopped model y performance with x3m40i, sq5 and glc 43 amg etc?

Also, what do you guys think about model y LR vs model y Performance
    Price is decent, 3.5k USD difference between the m3p and myp (yay federal credit)
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

Quote Originally Posted by yipb View Post
    Considering getting a model Y performance. Originally I wanted model 3 performance but test drove the model y instead and I think there’s more use-case being a slightly bigger vehicle. Has anyone considered between these 2 and which one did you go with. Also, has anyone cross shopped model y performance with x3m40i, sq5 and glc 43 amg etc?

Also, what do you guys think about model y LR vs model y Performance
    Price is decent, 3.5k USD difference between the m3p and myp (yay federal credit)
    The MYP is going to be faster than the Germans. The AMG comes close but power delivery on an EV will be far superior on the bottom end, especially as a daily hauler. The MYP will be nowhere near as lux with all the creature comforts, though it does have much better tech. Think of a flagship smartphone on wheels vs a flip phone with a nice leather case. The MYP will also have more useable interior space too if that matters to you, especially if you're comparing with a M3P for size. The (small) German SUVs aren't any bigger than their sedan counterparts. I had an S4 and the wife a Q5 (same gen) previously. My S4 had more useable interior space than her Q5.

The Y LR is still very fast; about the same as the SQ5 in 0-60. Not quite in the same league as the Bimmer or AMG though. The Performance also has Track Mode for if you ever track the car. Otherwise, it's just a pricey drift mode.

Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 46 55 56 57 66 ... LastLast