Quantcast
Trudeau has to go? - Page 30 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 30 of 155 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Trudeau has to go?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rumor mill is working overtime on the canadian airline subgroups - latest is that trudeau, with their strange policies, is looking at bankrupting the airlines to bring in foreign competition. How the crap does that benefit liberals?
    They wouldn't feel the need to bailout AC again. I've been calling this for years now, and even mentioned it a few times that Covid could finally be the catalyst.

It won't be full on open skies, but they'll allow cabotage between major cities. As in LAX -> YVR -> YYC -> LAS, offloading and onloading new passengers at each terminal.

I expect it will start with cargo, then on to passenger.
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 02-06-2021 at 01:11 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    They wouldn't feel the need to bailout AC again. I've been calling this for years now, and even mentioned it a few times that Covid could finally be the catalyst.

It won't be full on open skies, but they'll allow cabotage between major cities. As in LAX -> YVR -> YYC -> LAS, offloading and onloading new passengers at each terminal.

This is good for consumers I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

I’d absolutely support this move, Canadian protectionist nationalism really makes life annoying as a consumer. Grand irony if Canadians can travel and see more of Canada because US carriers are allowed to finally carry passengers within Canada.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Trudeau is actually profiting and his groups of buddies are profiting more than Trump and his cronies.
    This guy appears, acts and blatantly does whatever he feels like.
    I hope it comes out that he's been Tiger Woods'ing this whole quarantine time too.
    I guess in reality, he's been fucking everyone in the west already. So does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    Trudeau is actually profiting and his groups of buddies are profiting more than Trump and his cronies.
    This guy appears, acts and blatantly does whatever he feels like.
    I hope it comes out that he's been Tiger Woods'ing this whole quarantine time too.
    I guess in reality, he's been fucking everyone in the west already. So does that count?
    Fuck I hate that cuck... I am so done with the whole federal government bullshit. Only benefit I can see if they get voted back in is we may actually get enough people to decide separation is the only option.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

The only bailout AC has had is 500 million dollars last year. Doesn't seem like a lot in the grand scheme of things as AC runs 1,5 billion a month in operational expenses normally. They actually lost 800 million in second Q 2020.

Agreed about some competition though. The duopoly (with WJ) is not helping much.
    Last edited by revelations; 02-06-2021 at 02:10 PM.

@tirebob
    Only 2 years more before we can potentially vote to separate from Canada.
    I don't like Danielle Smith but she made a good point here:

Take a look at Switzerland. It’s landlocked and it’s seen no reason to join the European Union. Why is that? One reason is an international treaty called the Right of Access of Landlocked Nations to and From the Sea. It states that an independent nation can’t be barred from getting goods to market. So, ironically, Alberta may have more leverage to build a pipeline to the West Coast or the Gulf Coast as a separate country than we do as a province within Canada. Being landlocked is not the barrier that some may think.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

@tirebob

Take a look at Switzerland. It’s landlocked and it’s seen no reason to join the European Union. Why is that? One reason is an international treaty called the Right of Access of Landlocked Nations to and From the Sea. It states that an independent nation can’t be barred from getting goods to market. So, ironically, Alberta may have more leverage to build a pipeline to the West Coast or the Gulf Coast as a separate country than we do as a province within Canada. Being landlocked is not the barrier that some may think.
    Yea except you are forgetting the part where Kert comes in here and says “Nuh uhhh” which has the effect of completely cancelling out international law.

Everyone knows that
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    I fear that Kenney and the UCP have maybe pissed off more than a few conservatives in AB and that may lead to at least a few Lib/NDP seats in AB, not that our seats count for shit anyways.
    I’ve heard this before, I’m curious what you think he’s done?

Too many restrictions? Not enough??

KXL?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post

KXL?
    People that are generally Conservative voters, seem mostly pissed about him bankrupting so many businesses with the overbearing restrictions.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

@tirebob

We already have a pipeline to the coast, and trucks and rail, so no one would be blocking the goods from getting to market. There's no way an international court would agree that it would be our right as an independent nation to lay down more pipelines through another nations backyard, when there's other (albeit less efficient) methods of moving the product to the coast. Especially in this age of "oil bad".

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    People that are generally Conservative voters, seem mostly pissed about him bankrupting so many businesses with the overbearing restrictions.
    I struggle with this, so as a general conservative consensus - we should have had way less restrictions?

What about our hospitals? Is that fake news? I’m honestly curious.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I struggle with this, so as a general conservative consensus - we should have had way less restrictions?

It was all. Plot to make public health care look inefficient and usher in private care.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

I think for most people who have an issue with the lockdowns it isn't actually about thinking covid is fake news more than it is about people thinking the cure is worse than the disease (so to say) and are willing to accept the level of risk involved versus the grand scheme of things. I get that and honestly think that way myself to a degree as well. It is also the obviousness of the bias of government towards big business making out like bandits while small business is getting crushed and that isn't right either. There are a lot of variables that are scarier to many people than the death rate.

Yea except you are forgetting the part where Kert comes in here and says “Nuh uhhh” which has the effect of completely cancelling out international law.

Everyone knows that
    Well I guess as long as the UN is on our side:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-45708671

Bolivia sea dispute: UN rules in Chile's favour
    The International Court of Justice (ICJ) has ruled against Bolivia in its dispute with neighbouring Chile over access to the Pacific Ocean - a feud dating back to the late 19th Century.

Landlocked Bolivia lost access to the sea in 1884 after a war with Chile and has tried to regain it ever since.

The court said Chile was not obliged to negotiate granting Bolivia access.
    But the simple thing to do would be to actually look at what the convention says. People love posting this one:

Land-locked States shall have the right of access to and from the sea for the purpose of exercising the rights provided for in this Convention including those relating to the freedom of the high seas and the common heritage of mankind. To this end, land-locked States shall enjoy freedom of transit through the territory of transit States by all means of transport.
    But conspicuously leave out the two important parts that come immediately after
    The terms and modalities for exercising freedom of transit shall be agreed between the land-locked States and transit States concerned through bilateral, sub regional or regional agreements.
    Transit States, in the exercise of their full sovereignty over their territory, shall have the right to take all measures necessary to ensure that the rights and facilities provided for in this Part for land-locked States shall in no way infringe their legitimate interests.’
    So you have the right to access (which Alberta already has) but Canada and the U.S. (and the provinces and states) get to negotiate the terms and if reducing GHG emissions and protecting waterways from tanker traffic are in their legitimate interests they can block them, and then being an international trade lawyer will be the best industry we have when capital flees like it did in Quebec.

But here’s something else worth checking out: see if you can find a noticeable absentee on who’s signed and ratified this part of international ‘law’

https://treaties.un.org/pages/ViewDe...ter=10&lang=en

Tl;dr: “Nuh-uhhh”, but keep living in willful ignorance thinking the UN is the most important thing in the world

General consensus? I never made any statement about UCP voters in general. Just about the consensus among the ones that are turning on Kenney and have potential to swing their vote. And yes it appears those people want less restrictions(although that probably is what majority of population wants.) I realize without the original post I was quoting it would be easy to take that out of context.

What about hospitals? Is what fake news? So far there hasn't been any data driven response to close things down that they have let us general public know about.

As we know, ICU's generally run at 90% and sometimes above 100% capacity in regular every day goings on. Does Covid stand the risk of flooding the ICU? Maybe. But even if that is the case, it's not the impending doom that the covidiots are making it out to be. They act as if the entire healthcare system becomes defunct if ICU patient intake goes beyond what is manageable. It would not be optimal situation to be triaging ICU's, but healthcare would continue to move along as it always does for the most part. Instead the government is choosing to cripple future healthcare funding instead which will lead to issues down the road. Not to mention the outfall in society of huge uptick in mental health problems and suicides. All this to circumvent a "what if" scenario, while refusing to do simple cost efficient measures that have major real world effects on controlling covid.
    Last edited by Misterman; 02-07-2021 at 02:16 PM.

My Ride
    ute

KXL?
    Kenney is a federalist and everyone knows it. He has never had the nuclear option in his back pocket because there is no credible situation in which he would start to hack away at the foundations of Confederation. If you're never willing to play hardball in negotiations, if you're never willing to walk away from the table, you will always be the bitch.

My Ride

What I meant about the hospitals is they’re the driver for restrictions.

Our staffing levels (and willingness) are directly impacting small businesses staying open.

We didn’t use any spare capacity we built (that I know of) and it’s all about doctors and nurses lobbying for more restrictions.

It seems medical professionals might be more willing to take on more risk in the USA? That’s how I’m interpreting this.

Would Alberta medical staff strike if it got too bad? Then we be screwed.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

KXL?
    I think it's more so that he's a federalist all talk no walk kind of guy. He made a lot of promises about a "fair deal" for Alberta but other than various committees that keep getting extensions, nothing seems to have come from any of it

And his BS response on New Years about his various MLA's taking tropical holidays definitely pissed people off.

Oh and just for the record I am 100% not a Lib/NDP supporter, didn't want my post conveyed as such

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    I think it's more so that he's a federalist all talk no walk kind of guy. He made a lot of promises about a "fair deal" for Alberta but other than various committees that keep getting extensions, nothing seems to have come from any of it

And his BS response on New Years about his various MLA's taking tropical holidays definitely pissed people off.

Oh and just for the record I am 100% not a Lib/NDP supporter, didn't want my post conveyed as such
    Fair enough. His hands are tied, he’s a provincial power. If we were states type government, would be a different story.

I think he has an ace in his sleeve - and that is procuring Alberta specific vaccine. The only problem is he can’t get ones that federal contracts are already in place. So how do we get a health Canada approved vaccine with Alberta contract? We will find out in the next few months I’m hoping.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Page 30 of 155 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 40 ... LastLast