Quantcast
Racing Simulator Setup - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Racing Simulator Setup

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Finally sent it on Fanatec stuff today. Getting ready for winter games.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I have a fanatec shifter I never use if someone wants it I can use the money to upgrade my base, then my base will be available as well.

I really wanted to use my psvr 2 and racing setup but my base is to old.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Got my Fanatec stuff last Thursday, finished bolting it all down and updating firmware etc today to test it out. Big upgrade from the G920, already found I have a bad habit of pushing and pulling the steering with my left arm instead of pushing with both arms into the corners.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Pretty good deal:

$17 humble bundle

• Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition (VR Support)
    • Automobilista 2 (VR Support)
    • Assetto Corsa Competizione (VR Support)
    • NASCAR Heat 5 Ultimate Edition
    • rFactor 2 (VR Support)
    • Automobilista
    • DRIFT21

[Humble Bundle] Ultimate Sim Racing Bundle is back! - $17.12 - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

My Ride
    V167

Cool. Thanks for posting.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I’m having some issues with my fanatec setup, it’s an old setup csl v1 I believe. I’m getting random button presses while playing, it can be any button at any time. Happens to both my steering wheels, I’ve redone the firmware all the way to the start and tried and it failed then went all the way to the newest and it failed.

Seems to be a known issue with little support from fanatec. Any one have a similar issue with a fix?? Im thinking a chip has overheated, it does seem to fail a little more after playing for 5 min. It’s almost unusable now.

I wanted to upgrade anyway, so I may just do that.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I worked on it most of the day today and got no where so I ordered a new csl dd 5nm with pedals and a bmw wheel. $620 isn’t too bad.

I’m going to try and get the old one figured out still so that I can have 2 setups.

My Ride
    Grimace

Memoryexpress is now listing the moza wheel/pedals etc. Seems to be a decent DD especially for the price
    https://www.memoryexpress.com/Catego...c-725294621e51

Still waiting on playseat trophy to be available so I can use my fanatec dd

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Memoryexpress is now listing the moza wheel/pedals etc. Seems to be a decent DD especially for the price
    https://www.memoryexpress.com/Catego...c-725294621e51

Still waiting on playseat trophy to be available so I can use my fanatec dd
    Moza is looking pretty interesting. The CSL DD 8nm is lacking just a bit of dynamic range for me. I wonder if the R12 would scratch that itch.

My Ride
    Grimace

If anyone is lookinng for playseat trophy
    Amazon finally has the logitech version for $840 imported from the states
    https://www.amazon.ca/Playseat-Troph.../dp/B0BSTFS6W5

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

My Fanatec setup arrived and i quickly installed it to test it out. the 5nm is very under whelming, my old clubsport v2 base has much more power. i was hoping the switching to direct drive i'd get some better feel then the belt driven, but i don't find that it is any better. i'll be getting the power boost to 8nm soon, i'll tinker with the setup to make sure it's actually lacking.

i love the new bmw full size wheel as all i have is f1 style wheels, it's rubber as i bought the cheapest one i could buy but i'll wear gloves. not sure what i'll do with the pedals i have no need for them unless i can fix the old base.

time to rip the old base apart and hope there is a solder that is failing or a frayed wire, not sure it's going to be worth it to fix otherwise.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Just upgraded fanatec setup myself for ps5. Got the 8nm and the old clubsport v2 belt drive still felt way stronger. So disappointed the clubsport v2 didn’t support ps5. GT7 with vr is terrific though. The ps5 steering wheel is also a piece of shit.

Name:  IMG_6666.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  341.5 KB

Total man cave now haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ute

Son wants a FF wheel with pedals for his birthday. He plays Forza on xbox. What's a good wheel for value to get him?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Name:  IMG_6672.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  331.1 KB
    Anyone want to buy my old fanatec gear? The pedals are new (from the ps5 setup). That’s a club sport v2 base, and a csr elite. Club sport needs a wheel and can do series X compatibility, csr elite is 360. Both are pc and ps4 compatible.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Just upgraded fanatec setup myself for ps5. Got the 8nm and the old clubsport v2 belt drive still felt way stronger. So disappointed the clubsport v2 didn’t support ps5. GT7 with vr is terrific though. The ps5 steering wheel is also a piece of shit.

Name:  IMG_6666.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  341.5 KB

Total man cave now haha.
    dang that looks cool
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Rage you think the 8nm is still weaker than the v2?? I havnt ordered my power boost yet, the 5nm feels so terrible compared to my old v2. Does your v2 still work, I’d like a second setup, but I only need the base.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    Rage you think the 8nm is still weaker than the v2?? I havnt ordered my power boost yet, the 5nm feels so terrible compared to my old v2. Does your v2 still work, I’d like a second setup, but I only need the base.
    It’s not even the same ballpark. I’ve had v2 set so strong I was getting sore 1/2 way around the ring. I had to dial the power back to make it drivable. The 8nm is easy. I mean not that it’s a bad thing, the less FF the faster my lap times. It just doesn’t feel real. That said, I need to experiment more. FF is set to 100% maybe GT7 is limiting it. I’ll have to throw on the xbox wheel and drive some laps on the ring. Everything about this kit feels cheap tho. I think this is an entry level product, while the podium is their higher end product that’s closer to what the clubsport was.

Yea my wheelbase works. I use it regularly. I finally got around to setting up the basement to do the vr thing and was pissed it didn’t support ps5. Sony being Sony, all previous wheels worked fine for ps4 and they even called it out as open standard and MS sucks with their licensing. What do they do for ps5? Licensed accessories only. Fuckers. Just bit the bullet and bought the DD pro kit.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

The gt7 wheel looked like junk so I skipped the ability to use ps5 even though I have the vr as well, maybe I’ll regret it. Let me know what you want for just the base maybe I’ll get it, pretty sure my board is dead but the little Allen key bolts are either stripped now im or not taking to get drilled out. I’ll get in there and see what it looks like at some point.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    The gt7 wheel looked like junk so I skipped the ability to use ps5 even though I have the vr as well, maybe I’ll regret it. Let me know what you want for just the base maybe I’ll get it, pretty sure my board is dead but the little Allen key bolts are either stripped now im or not taking to get drilled out. I’ll get in there and see what it looks like at some point.
    Based on the steering wheel list on the fanatec site, the xbox wheels are also PS5 compatible. So you might be good. I'll give them a try today. The way I understand it, the base (as long as it's the GT DD Pro and not just DD Pro) is what's needed to unlock PS5 compatibility. The steering wheel for xbox is what unlocks xbox compatibility. That's where they stuffed the peripheral chips.

The GT7 wheel looks good, small little display and everything, rev lights, but has zero weight to it. It's made of the cheapest plastics. I've never had anything fanatec break on me but I feel like this wheel is so flimsy it'll be the first.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

What seat are you using?

Issue I have with my evolution is the whole thing is so flimsy it flexes when I brake lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast