Quantcast
Am I crazy or is this the worst time ever to buy a vehicle? - Page 68 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 68 of 125 FirstFirst ... 58 67 68 69 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2493

Thread: Am I crazy or is this the worst time ever to buy a vehicle?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ^^^ Is there special, beneficial financing?
    They're fucking better be! Or else there's going to be an LgBt-FIRE!

I feel like the advertisers of the world have actually convinced their customers of the following argument:
    "Look, Brah - banks are making mad bank. They make billions per quarter. And do you know why that is? Because their commercials are so insultingly pandering to "diversity" that everyone shops there and brings the money train. So you need to find a rainbow eco-bus filled to the brim with multi-ethnic cripples and pear-shaped freaks, and start filming. Sign here."

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    why dont people just do the finance, then repay the next day deal
    Per the article “APA’s position is if they are going to do that they need to make you whole because you are paying interest on that loan whether you like it or not for at least three months and in many cases six months.”

But I agree with you, what exactly could the dealership do if you financed and paid the entire loan off the next day? Unless there's some early repayment penalty in the fine print

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    Per the article “APA’s position is if they are going to do that they need to make you whole because you are paying interest on that loan whether you like it or not for at least three months and in many cases six months.”

But I agree with you, what exactly could the dealership do if you financed and paid the entire loan off the next day? Unless there's some early repayment penalty in the fine print
    I thought auto loans in Canada were completely open, as required by law.

I thought auto loans in Canada were completely open, as required by law.
    Sure. And you'd find that out how? If a dealer has you sign a "contract" stating you won't, how would you know? Why don't any of these articles mention this very simple fact?

I believe you and I had a discussion about VRM vs ARM, and the vast majority of people actually have ARMs but they are referred to as VRMs by basically everyone including industry.

Is it reasonable for someone to be a contract law expert in order to obtain services in this day and age? You can call people stupid all they want, but I sincerely doubt you read the entirety of the contract attached to your last credit card signup as well as the provisions for every single event attached to it. Or your cell provider. Or the last app you downloaded terms of service. And on it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Sure. And you'd find that out how? If a dealer has you sign a "contract" stating you won't, how would you know? Why don't any of these articles mention this very simple fact?

I believe you and I had a discussion about VRM vs ARM, and the vast majority of people actually have ARMs but they are referred to as VRMs by basically everyone including industry.

Is it reasonable for someone to be a contract law expert in order to obtain services in this day and age? You can call people stupid all they want, but I sincerely doubt you read the entirety of the contract attached to your last credit card signup as well as the provisions for every single event attached to it. Or your cell provider. Or the last app you downloaded terms of service. And on it goes.
    I'm sure @shakalaka would be the best person to ask, but I do not believe a contract can be enforced if it specifically contravenes the intent of a law.

My Ride
    V8s

I'm sure @shakalaka would be the best person to ask, but I do not believe a contract can be enforced if it specifically contravenes the intent of a law.
    I learned that in business law back in uni, it must be true.

That's not the point. The point is you don't know what you don't know, and if someone doesn't know they are entitled to treat the loan like that, they would never find that out unless someone explicitly told them.

And on top of that, you have someone (the dealership) lying and saying you can't pay it out early. So why would the joeschmoe consumer think to do so?
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Dealerships have an opportune time to feast on the ignorant, always the biggest buffet.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    That's not the point. The point is you don't know what you don't know, and if someone doesn't know they are entitled to treat the loan like that, they would never find that out unless someone explicitly told them.

And on top of that, you have someone (the dealership) lying and saying you can't pay it out early. So why would the joeschmoe consumer think to do so?
    This is a fair p point.

I'm bumping Don't Be Poor to rule #2.

Rule#1 is now: Don't Be A Retard

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

in my space I find that people pay what they probably legally don’t have to often… to the point where the unscrupulous will try and get away with it every time…

It’s either too much headache to deal with, or the delays around fighting it make it not worthwhile, or they do not have the means to fight it. Lack of oversight, or repercussions will keep this going as general practice from these parasites

It’s so bad that the comparison I use when explaining it is the private parking lot “tickets” that they try and issue people with all the nonsense threats on the back that are not enforceable
    Last edited by ercchry; 11-22-2022 at 06:46 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

We need better oversight, by snipers.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    in my space I find that people pay what they probably legally don’t have to often… to the point where the unscrupulous will try and get away with it every time…

It’s either too much headache to deal with, or the delays around fighting it make it not worth while, or they do not have the means to fight it. Lack of oversight, or repercussions will keep this going as general practice from these parasites
    With a car loan it would be simple: ask the lender for a payout quote/invoice. Pay the invoice.

A lender who tries to include fees or breakage/penalties in that invoice wild be taking on major risk and I didn't that any would do it.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I think you are vastly overestimating the ability of most people to pay off their loans, even with other forms of credit.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I think you are vastly overestimating the ability of most people to pay off their loans, even with other forms of credit.
    Well the concern is people being forced take the financing when they don't want to.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

With a car loan it would be simple: ask the lender for a payout quote/invoice. Pay the invoice.

A lender who tries to include fees or breakage/penalties in that invoice wild be taking on major risk and I didn't that any would do it.
    Yeah, you’d be surprised what I see in payout statements from private lenders sometimes. What’s the risk though? Litigation happens, judgement says no… lawyers paid, client still out extra. If loan is from a chartered bank, possibly some repercussions… but not all lenders are regulated equally, fairstone for example dgaf

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Well the concern is people being forced take the financing when they don't want to.
    That’s why they SAY they took the financing.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Yeah, you’d be surprised what I see in payout statements from private lenders sometimes. What’s the risk though? Litigation happens, judgement says no… lawyers paid, client still out extra. If loan is from a chartered bank, possibly some repercussions… but not all lenders are regulated equally, fairstone for example dgaf
    Well if you get scanned by someone doing something illegal, then I would refer you to our newly minted rule #1.

If you're retarded them all bets are off.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    We need better oversight, by snipers.
    That can be easily arranged.

Penis rocket man Bezos says recession which means:

“If you're an individual considering purchasing a big-screen TV, you might want to wait, hold onto your money, and see what transpires,”

"'new automobile, refrigerator, or whatever'

Of course as a billionaire I don't know if this means the exact opposite, hard to know what goes through the mind of rocket man.
    Trumps' signature is fraud by design.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post

Im pretty positive they make you sign a contract that says if you pay off that loan within that time frame youll get dinged with a pretty hefty penalty... Ive heard almost as high as $2000. Unsure how thats legal but you sign on the dotted line i guess. Cant wait to see vehicles for sale for stupid prices for years to come because dumbasses bought highly inflated and have been paying more interest than principle on their vehicle loans...

As much as we hate to admit it, the car market isnt controlled heavily on the manufacturer, its on the idiot consumer thats willing to pay for it. And there are a lot of idiots out there.

Page 68 of 125 FirstFirst ... 58 67 68 69 78 ... LastLast